It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAY1980

Originally posted by luciddream
You know you played a game too long when you say "Call for Help"* instead of ask for help.

*FF fans might know this, especially FFXI*

I had to stop playing FFXI because of crap like that. Seriously reality started to merge with the game. Would be out fishing and was worried my inventory was getting full. Started calling my fishing rod Lu Shang. All fish were moat carp. I could tell when my fishing skill went up .01. Thats just fishing. When my dish washing skill went up .01 I realized it was time to return to reality. Almost tempted to ask what server you played on luciddream.

I started this game when i was Gr.10. Played for 7 years total, with 420 days playtime(i barely go afk too long with my character on). I was on Alexander server from 2003-2006, Caitsith 2006-2008, Asura 2008-2010.

I skipped so many classes staying up late night camping kings, that game was one of its kind, and im glad i played it. Games now a day are "hand me down free # NOW" games. no challenge.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you....

Hang on!!

Do you mean this is REAL......?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You know you play a game too long when you look at the sky reflecting on a skyscraper and think "Graphics in real like suck"

When you stand up and you collapse because your ass hurts too much

When all you see when you close your eyes is your red-dot-sight

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I can remember when SoCom Live came out for PS. I called out sick for days. The next day on my drive into work I can remember lookin at people as video game targets and makin gun sounds in m head. Yip games they sure do make you crazy and if you don't believe it read my third sentence.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
off topic but

auron from FF X...

one of my fave all time games...so neyce..

you know you played too much video games when you drop out of highschool bc you play too much videogames

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Was on Diablo server till about 2006. Then started playing again in 2008 on Garuda with my dad. He still plays almost every day. Think his counter is at 200 days or something like that. The community was amazing in that game some of the coolest people I ever met were there, and I still talk to them years after I stopped playing. You couldn't be a lone wolf, you had to form a bond of trust with the people you were in a party with or everyone would wipe.

A few minor issues like getting owned by a decent challange in the higher levels. Forgetting you had your HP in sandoria and dying in windhurst and making the 30 min trek back only to get killed by black beard on the boat ride over. But these were only minor issues, and were easily forgotten when you and some friends would beat a BCNM for the first time or finding the last coffer for your AF gear. Ahh those were the days, was so sad to learn that FFXIV wasn't very good. Was really looking forward to starting another adventure like that. My personal life is better off for it though.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
... when I step out of my car, look at the mountains, and complain about the draw distance being wonky that day.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You know you play too much video games when you go 58-1 in a game of halo.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
You know you played too long when lil kids that hasn't hit puberty sound like girls on ventrillo/lobby screen and you try to guess if they really are girl by listen to the convo, 90% of the time, its lil kids..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
When the Nintendo GameBoy first came out with Tetris, I played that thing non-stop. After a while, I started seeing things built out of Tetris blocks. I'd look at a car, and it seemed like it was comprised of 20 Tetris blocks assembled together. I couldn't stop it. It was just the way it was for about half a year until I stopped playing that game. Very strange times.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
You know when you play too much video games... when you throw banana skins out the car window as you drive to try and stop the car behind from overtaking!!!!

Or believe green mushrooms give you extra lives!
edit on 25-1-2012 by Xcellante because: Can't spell for sh...!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Shove a red mushroom into your gas tank! It'll make you go FASTER!

Or better yet, eat it to grow twice your size!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
When you start to view your gps as a video game by shaving off the eta by speeding.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

May buy a boxful of turtles for the next trip!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You know you've been playing for too long when you sit down at 5 oclock in the evening, then look up to see the sun rising. (I've done it, several times. Best sleepless nights ever.
)

You know you've been playing too long when you go to sleep and eventually wake yourself up swinging wildly trying to behead a zombie with a baseball bat.

edit on CWednesdaypm303054f54America/Chicago25 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
You know you played a game too long or been online too long when you start to see a HUD in real life

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You know you've been playing too long...

When you get tennis elbow in your trigger finger.
When you wake up soooo dissapointed because it was a dream and GTAV is not out yet.
When you think to yourself "Fatality (in deep dark voice)" when you see roadkill.
When you talk to your friend and start to see his words floating under his face.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
... when you know what the term "poopsock" means.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
My friend's friend doesnt play online games but he does use American chatrooms. The kind that play music and let you have turns at being deejay.

He now talks with an American accent. EEJIT! F***sake, yer Scottish!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glass
reply to post by Xcellante

Or better yet, eat it to grow twice your size!

Eating shrooms while driving, mmm interesting
!

Originally posted by Foxy1
When you start to view your gps as a video game by shaving off the eta by speeding.

Haha i tried that lol!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join