It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia bans oil imports from Iran over nuclear threats

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Governments aren't people and neither are Corporations.

America and Australia are Crown corporations, just like Canada and many other Imperial states throughout the world

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This whole Iran thing smells to much like Iraq to me and I don't like it.
I can't believe they are playing the WMD card again.
Russia also seems to be keen on protecting their own interests in Iran
But then we are never privy to the deals that are done

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by sweetnlow

Are you Australia ??? are you a government suckup???
Or are you just an Australian citizen getting dragged into the BS like the rest of us?

I am an Aussie citizen getting dragged into the coming # storm with everyone else. Generally when someone references a country, it also includes the inhabitants of the respected country.

I genuinely think that if you see it that you are looking at boards like these from overly personal point of view.Usually people are not talking about a countries population but their governing factions.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I think Iran just backed themselves into a corner all on their own by making the threats to close the straight.

I dont think they actually thought, with the state of the world economy, that con tires would risk more damage to their economies by banning Iranian oil.

I think Iran compounded that by making the threats to close the straights. They already backed off of their threat to attack a US aircraft carrier if it returned to the Arabian gulf. Will they follow through with the closing the straights threat?

Honestly I dont think they have a choice. If the back off that, then they just lost whats left of their credibility. That will adversely affect them with negotiations. Iran has managed to back themselves into a corner where the only options they have left all negatively impact just themselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join