It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help building a website.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am currently the owner of ww3media.com. I am looking for help with a few things. I want to use footage that includes everything from the Arab spring to OWS to everything else that is going on today. If anyone would like to help that would be awesome. I would like to hear ideas of what should be included. We live in interesting times.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by subject1145

I can help ya with whatever advice or information I can offer. Doing the actual design, well, I would prefer leaving that up to the one who is going to create the site.

Something you can think about.
- How many colums across will the site be?
- How many down?
- What will the general layout be?
- What theme would you prefer for your site? (layout, graphics, colors)
- How many main pages will be involved?
- How many sub pages will be involved?
- What kind of media will you have on your site?
- Do you need HTML? Java? Flash? Forums? Picture site? PHP?

What proggies do you plan on using to create the site?
- Dreamweaver is what I have always used - Though I know many people who use frontpage or other microsoft products.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Here are a few videos from Anonymous and operation onslaught from around this time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I was planning on using a CMS to make it easy to update, something like joomla probably. I know I wanted to have a videos section, a section on legal issues like SOPA/PIPA, I'm not really sure what else I want to put up there now, I have a ton of Ideas that kind of need fleshing out.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Thank you for that there are a lot of good videos there to use

2nd

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Might I try suggesting this?

When I create my web pages (used to... out of it now), I would draw up the simple frame of it on some blank paper. Draw a basic outline of all your "boxes" or what you want on your site and just plug them in by writting what they are in it's space. From there I would build a background/frame image for the foundation, and then plug in the links or code you need in those boxes to allow it to be seen.

So drawing a rough sketch will help you at least lay it all out before you start doing the dirty work.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I have quite a bit of the formatting already done, I would share it but the site is currently set as a directory on my primary domain with my name in it and I don't want to post it on here for obvious reasons. I am looking for assistance with more of the content and what should be addressed on the site, rather then the development side of it, I have most of that covered. Thank you for your recommendation though it was a really good one.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by subject1145

I gotcha!

Hmmm Well, I would think that the most important topics can be found by the relation of stars here. That might get you in the right direction. Though, I would be careful with the sources. Alot of what we see out there and even here are bunk theories and crazy ideas, but even I like some of those topics for reading.

How about this... What topics intrest YOU mostly? With that being said, alot of people with like minds will follow. Might be fun to list a few areas of interest, for example...

A link for:
UFO's
OBE (out of body exp)
Prophecys
...etc Breaking them down in catagories. For instance, UFO's could be one topic group, but you could make it more general than UFOs.. Perhaps ..the unknown (but yeah that's way too general..lol)

Tell ya what, I'll be more than happy to give ya a hand with whatever. Just lemme know what I can do for ya and I'll be more than happy to get a fellow developer my time, even though I seldom dabble anymore. I've built quite a few full sites over the years ranging from online games, to forums, to whatever interested me at the time. I did them mostly for the sake of putting up my art (in the form of the page design itself) as I used all of my own images and what not to design the sites.

For information, I'd also help out with this as well.

Just hit me up with a p2p whenever you need and I'll do what I can. My time is a bit limited but I do always still find time to do these things. Id be more than happy to help.

Most of my knowledge is HTML, PHP and Flash, as well as a few other tools but I admit, I've been "out of the game" a few years now, but a few days or piddling can get me back with ease.

new topics

top topics

join