It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Messages of Animals

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

When Ken Kesey the author of "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest" reformed the Merry Pranksters - He set out on a tour of Britain called "In search of Merlin" in 1999 - They went to Edinburgh Scotland and climbed up upon Arthurs Seat - A large hill overlooking the city. I went along and what most impressed me was a raven circling round the summit as in the myths of King Arhur - merlin of course has his magic raven. I too love Ravens and crows also. They are so funny and smart. I watched a programme which showed how city dwelling birds had developed a neat way of cracking open nuts. At first they would drop nuts onto roads so cars would run over them and crack them open. But because the roads were so busy they devised to drop the nuts onto pedestration crossing - So when the lights went red to stop the traffic thay could nip out and get them.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

What a wonderful thread 1littlewolf, wow! Your line of thinking is inspirational and conveys a depth of gratitude and adoration that I too share with regards to animals. Thanks for illuminating the subject .

And this:

POWERFUL

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I've always been able to communicate with animals much better than humans for as long as I can remember.

Most of them, don't lie as opposed to humans.

You can learn much if one simply takes the time to talk and listen to the other species that share this blue marble with us.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

I suppose that's my cue.
The secret's out; this is where my name comes from and is the very heart of my belief "system" if one must call it something,

And I suppose this is my cue.... That bible verse I found through one of your posts in the survival forum. A few clicks later i found myself on your introductory post and the quote was there. I find it interesting that you were the very next person to post after I added that quote.

Thanks a lot for your post anyway, it was very meaningful to me. Though I've never quite had the time to teach myself how to track, I am a keen amateur nature photographer. I have some amazing shots and I believe the main reason for this is purely the attitude in which I approach my subjects. Truthfully most days I've been out in the wilderness attempting to get some shots I don't usually have to search too far for subject matter. The animals and the secret little places of beauty seem quite willing to reveal themselves to me...

Why would the church label such ideas as paganism or "nature worship" if found written elsewhere ?

That was one of my first big clues to what the church is really all about.

Even more interesting why would the church throughout Britain especially but also much of Europe continually carve this little guy into the churches and cathedrals?

For those of you who do not know he is called the Green man and he is Celtic spirit of nature and forests. It tells me that one can have all the doctrine in the world but ultimately you cannot deny what you know to be true in your heart.

Some speculate that the mythology of the Green Man developed independently in the traditions of separate ancient cultures and evolved into the wide variety of examples found throughout history.

edit on 27/1/2012 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0
Is it true that dogs or maybe certain kinds of dogs can see entities/spirits? at least this is what i have heard, that if like a dog is barking at a certain place in the house and theres no one there, but the dog looks like his barking at someone, it means some kind of being is there

Shouldent we think we are "better" than animals since we have the ability to think

I'm not quite sure how well they see them, but they certainly do sense them very easily. As we are just another species of animal, I believe we all have that ability. The problem is the endless amount of bs which seems to stream through most of our minds and creates a block toward many of the more subtle things in life....

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Synchronicity is an amazing thing, no?

I just have to share my raven story after all the posts about them - that picture reminded me as well.:

The last birthday I had before I became disabled (can't walk far now) I decided to spend alone sitting on my favorite mountain. That evening a beautiful full moon rose in the east and as the last bit of dusk faded a pair of ravens flew directly in front of the moon and began playing with each other, rising up then tumbling down all the while playing tag. Though they were probably a quarter of a mile away the night was so still I could hear their soft cackling and clacking of their bills. What was amazing was how they stayed right in front of the moon as if to put on a show just for me.
This was at a place where I used to live and I would set out scraps just for the crows and the ravens. To top it off earlier the whole day there was a silent procession of monarch butterflies that were flying south just a few yards in front of me. Dozens and dozens of them somehow making their way with their delicate wings going straight into a stiff headwind. I marveled at how such delicate creatures could even fly against the wind.
I spent the night laying near the edge of a cliff and when I got up in the morning there was a fresh pile of bear scat not 50' from where I slept. There was also a bear bed and it felt pretty neat to know I slept very close to a bear in the wild.
In retrospect it has so much more meaning, I feel like it was my mountain telling me goodbye as I would no longer able to do the hike all the way up.
Why can't all our days be filled with such magic?

You're right about nature and animals revealing themselves to you if your heart is right. Often you don't have to go very far or even to any real wilderness - nature is everywhere.
ATA
edit on 27-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Respect man!

Whlst on the subject of crows, ravens, check this out:

edit on 27-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Synchronicity is an amazing thing, no?

I just have to share my raven story after all the posts about them - that picture reminded me as well.:

The last birthday I had before I became disabled (can't walk far now) I decided to spend alone sitting on my favorite mountain. That evening a beautiful full moon rose in the east and as the last bit of dusk faded a pair of ravens flew directly in front of the moon and began playing with each other, rising up then tumbling down all the while playing tag. Though they were probably a quarter of a mile away the night was so still I could hear their soft cackling and clacking of their bills. What was amazing was how they stayed right in front of the moon as if to put on a show just for me.
This was at a place where I used to live and I would set out scraps just for the crows and the ravens. To top it off earlier the whole day there was a silent procession of monarch butterflies that were flying south just a few yards in front of me. Dozens and dozens of them somehow making their way with their delicate wings going straight into a stiff headwind. I marveled at how such delicate creatures could even fly against the wind.
I spent the night laying near the edge of a cliff and when I got up in the morning there was a fresh pile of bear scat not 50' from where I slept. There was also a bear bed and it felt pretty neat to know I slept very close to a bear in the wild.
In retrospect it has so much more meaning, I feel like it was my mountain telling me goodbye as I would no longer able to do the hike all the way up.

Thanks for your story, I would love to one day visit the forests of America which I have grown up hearing so much about (I live in Australia though so our wilderness is really quite different, though I'm guessing no less beautiful). And I am not surprised that your last hike to the top was the most meaningful one of all

Why can't all our days be filled with such magic?

Ha! Maybe its to make the ones that are even more meaningful. Deep down though I suspect its more to do with the fact that we're all just so disconnected from it all. Maybe if we lived closer to how our ancestors once did what we now consider as 'magic' would have been common place.

You're right about nature and animals revealing themselves to you if your heart is right. Often you don't have to go very far or even to any real wilderness - nature is everywhere.

For a period in my life I used to live quite rough in the inner city and one thing I noticed was the amazing array of animals and birds which used share even our most populated area. I've seen foxes (which I will say though are feral animals in Australia) roaming the backstreets, I've come across owls in the most surprising of places.

But the ones that really stand out in my mind are when you look across a busy crowded place and see a solitary bird - no one else seems to have notice it, and you look up and see it, and its looking straight at you. Its hard for me to really put into words but I think you'll know what I mean and hopefully the other contributors to this thread will also know what I'm on about.

Much peace Asktheanimals

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

When I look at my dog, I get reminded of something I realized some time ago. There is a God and God is in all of us and is all of us and is in everything and is everything. When I look in my dog's eyes and ask for God, I see God who made all life in his image. The forms hold messages. The messages are complex and often hard to discern, or maybe aren't supposed to be discerned.

We humans try to analyze everything, assign things values, and label everything. I get the notion that this is what keeps us from seeing the truth. This is what keeps us from interpreting telepathic communication.

Telepathy isn't about relaying specific information, it is about information that I can't even really describe. It's a form of communication that I can't accurately interpret the meaning of, but I know I am learning something when I see it. There are things that are simply indescribable. The ideas being communicated are really simple, yet they remain undefinable.

I look at my dog and my dog looks at me and we both look at each other in a way where I can tell we are both thinking the same thing. If I had to put in words what I see in his eyes and what I feel, the only word is "wow". I can't really tell you what I see and why it is that way, but I do know there is a connection between us. I know that what I am looking at has God written all over it.

It makes you say wow because you know you can't describe it.

I know exactly how you feel. And it makes me realize we are not so different after all. We are just another species of animal, and somewhere along the way we've lost sight of that fact. Its a really powerful feeling and I think I mentioned in the OP that many indigenous cultures speak of a time when we could readily communicate with animals, but lost the ability when we artificially raised ourselves 'above' nature.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by artistpoet
I have shared this experience as follows with a friend.
We kind of label it as an animal transmitting its thoughts into your mind.
Here is my example.
My friend adopted a local stray cat whom she called Doric as in Doric Column.
He the cat was a real street cat and kept his territory around the street.
He was knocking on a bit in cat years but tough muscular and hard as nails.
Often he would come back to my friends to hang out, rest and be spoiled.
He was just a big softy really but like all cats knew his own mind.
When he got to know me as the nice guy who would give him tins of tuna - He would chill out at mine and fall asleep at the end of my bed.
However being a cat he had his nightly rounds to make.
I had fallen asleep with Doric at the foot of the bed.
In my sleep or dream state - suddenly his face appeared staring at me intently. It shook me awake and I looked to see Doric stood by the door staring at me waiting to be let out.
I told my friend who was not surprised as Doric did this with her also.

Wonderful story AP. I'll be t you would have loved this thread. Cats seem to have some very uncanny abilitities, especially those which, like yours, have been around the block so to speak a few times...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I've always been able to communicate with animals much better than humans for as long as I can remember.

Most of them, don't lie as opposed to humans.

You can learn much if one simply takes the time to talk and listen to the other species that share this blue marble with us.

Too true, see animals don't have to lie cos their world isn't cluttered full of baggage like most of ours. Animals have no reason to deny their true nature as fellow children of the Earth.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

Hey man, unfortunately your vid didn't work out. Could you maybe just post the link, or possibly try again but this time after you click the 'VID:YOUTUBE' button just paste in everything after the '=' sign instead of the entire URL as it sounds quite interesting.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You're so right about animals being all around even in the city. I won't list them all but anywhere there's water nearby they'll be there.
Another story came to mind that I wanted to share. I had a house in the city with a thick hedge in the back - you couldn't see through it or get through it was so thick. Anyway, behind my house was a tiny rental house that had some rough characters coming and going. Just for fun these #blankity-blanks decided to start shooting out my windows with a bb gun. I took the gun from them after stalking them and scared them silly since I sort of appeared from nowhere on them.
Not long after they got a dog to protect them (selling crack I believe) and the dog would bark incessantly. I try to not mess with people but it went on and on until I could stand it no longer. It was a very cold night and when I got near the dog started snarling at me (pitbull). It was then I saw that the poor animal had a chain wrapped around itself to where it couldn't move. It had no shelter, food or water and was shivering from the cold.
In a moment my heart melted from the anger that was pushing me to action. The dog immediately sensed my intent and I knew I could approach it safely.
After freeing the dog I took it home and gave it love, food and water. I took him to the shelter where they found him a new home.
Just a story about how our perceptions and emotions can lie to us and how you should follow your heart when an animal (or person) is in distress.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Awesome thread OP!

My main animal guide is the raven.
When raven speaks to me though,
Raven prepares me for the shock.
The last time Raven spoke to me, it was the day I found out my mom was deathly ill.
At work I would sit outside and have a cig on my breaks, and in Alaska, there are a lot of ravens,
but this day, there were two of them on top of the store I worked at, and they were cawing.
My mind instantly knew something was up and I verbally said "Oh no, who now?"
And I had a vision of my spirit guide feather, who told me my mother was sick.
I walked back into work and within a few hours, my uncle showed up and informed me that I had to go home. My mom was ill. I called home (Minnesota) to find out what was going on and discovered my mom was deathly ill. I made arrangements to fly back immediately. She had cancer. This was not the first time raven spoke to me, I used to dream about Raven showing me spirit animals that would come into a clearing and other animals that would go back into the woods when something shifted spiritually. A changing of the guards so to speak.

I am half Tlingit native and I believe it is genetics that play a large role in this. Raven is the Tlingit Creator.
I did not know that when I started to have experiences with Raven, as I had never looked into my native history.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Hi littlewolf. Love this thread. I have lived in the country all my life and had a couple of hummingbirds make friends with me.I have my flower garden and those birds would set on my head while I pulled weeds. They have been with us for two summers so far and built their tiny nests under the eaves of the porch where I could seem them out the window. It is vacant now and they haven't put up a for rent sign. Hope they will be back next summer.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Thanks for link to the cat thread - loved it.
I have never purposely kept any animal as a pet yet they come across your path and adopt you.
I remember a cat following me for 5 miles - He just made himself right at home but would dissapear for days on end - I later learnt that he had several homes and several names.
I once nursed a friend who was terminally ill - Her partner was cat mad and had 6 in total but had died only 9 months prior.
Whilst nursing my friend 5 of the 6 cats died leaving only one - This cat was a "main coon" type cat and had a beautiful thick coat. She the cat would just want to sit on my lap all day and sleep on my bed - I took her with me when my friend died - She was 17 at the time and lived to be 21 - I was broken up when she died but I had a vivid dream where I saw her racing around the woods near me - She was youthful again and it was joy to see her such. Next morning I took all her cat things - cat nip toys etc and placed them where I had seen her in my dream.
I still dream of her and she lets me know all is well.

edit on 28-1-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

edit on 28-1-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Over the years I've developed to the point of perfection a method for capturing flies, mosquitos and cloth moths in order to feed the home corner spiders. You need small and big jars. Before dropping the bug on the web you have to knock it around in the closed jar to make it groggy so it won't fly away, but not so roughly that you knock it out since, if it's dead or half dead the spider is liable to reject it. You need a jar with a wide mouth for insects that are quick, and small jars are adequate for capturing the ones that have slower reactions. Generally you will trap them as they rest on a wall or some other surface, but with a big jar you can sometimes trap a moth or a mosquito as it flies around. This is rather tricky because they're fast and they fly in a very erratic way, especially the former. They can vanish right in front of you as though they had gone through a portal into the Beyond.

I've also learned quite a lot about the behavior of spiders, like the fact that some of them are suddenly driven away by a wanderlust, and they might come back or they might not. It happens for two opposite reasons: either because you've been capturing quite a lot of bugs and stuffing your guests, and so there's no need for them to remain there waiting for something to fall in their laps anymore and they feel vigorous and want to move around, or because there's been a scarcity of insects and they have to roam the land looking for something to capture. Sometimes they return, but sometimes they never come back, and you wonder if it's because they died. In times of scarcity I've gone out to nearby parks to try and capture something but out in the open it's not easy. They can't be too big, and an entire afternoon can go by without your seeing something you can take home to the spiders.

There was unprecedented big news about two weeks ago: I saw, and was able to feed, a spider that had only six legs. Next day it was gone, which was puzzling since I expected it to stay in its corner after such a stroke of fortune. Ungrateful beast! Its set of legs was perfectly symmetrical, which indicated that it was born that way. It couldn't've lost two legs because it would've had to be two legs belonging to the same pair, which is an unlikely coincidence. I guess it was a mutant, not the member of a new species or variety.

I read somewhere that some animals symbolize qualities or skills, and that spiders stand for creativeness.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

you should really watch the video link I posted above. It will be very enlightening for you.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

Here in Amsterdam we have a lot of crows. I think I have seen the occasional raven, but not sure.
Anyways, they are fantastic! When you talk to them they look at you, position one leg before the other; all very commanding as to say: yes what is it you want?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by QueenofWeird

look at the video i posted a few comments above.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join