It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one embarrassed after watching the "State of the Union"?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by guohua
reply to post by mastahunta

You're talking about:

Obama Shifts to Speed Oil and Gas Drilling in U.S.

And Why This Head Line????? Because That Idiot President Finally Discovered:

President Obama, facing voter anger over high gasoline prices and complaints from Republicans and business leaders that his policies are restricting the development of domestic energy resources, announced Saturday that he was taking several steps to speed oil and gas drilling on public lands and waters.

Please remember this is from May 2011:

The Republican-led House passed three bills in the last 10 days that would significantly expand and accelerate oil development in the United States, saying the administration was driving up gas prices and preventing job creation with antidrilling policies.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

This Head Line is from May 2011,,,,,, So,,, What Happened? Why did this Loser Not Approve The Canadian Pipe Line if he cared so damn much about us?
Obama Only Tells You What you Want To Hear,,, Then He Runs Off Like A Thief In The Night!

And By The Way, mastahunta, I have Links To Back My View Points,,,, I'm Still Wanting For Yours.

You focus on the "Canadian Pipeline" because the NEWS has created a fake crisis and controversy.

The TRUTH is reflected below, sorry

The Interior Department released a report that said more than two-thirds of offshore leases in the Gulf of Mexico and more than half of onshore leases on federal lands sit unused.

www.mtwytlc.org...

You anger is contrived and stirred up by forces in the media
edit on 25-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Watching Obama is nauseating just like watching Bush was.

It's all a Dog and Pony show.....Obama just sounds more convincing.

I don't care what these turds say, they're all full of crap.

Obama could have gotten up there and talked about knitting and it would be just as relevant. The only guy with true sincerity is the guy in my Avatar but I'm sure America will ensure the next Preznit will be Chicago Barry, Newter, or Mittens.

I hope like hell I'm wrong.

edit on 25-1-2012 by PaxVeritas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

*This* is the reason I not-so-obsequiously called 'troll' on this thread... but which got bumped, just because of it's title:
The guy posting this thread had not even seen anything beyond Obama walking into the gallery even before he started his speech. And, admittedly, he (the OP) doesn't even (supposedly) watch these speeches. Yet, he's ticked off at the fact that fact that President Obama is glad-handing to the floor. He's hugging' and kissin' on the women (and offense, apparently, to the OP); yet, no mention of his extended time with Gabby Giffords.

This thread has been a total fail from the get go, and has subsumed the usual trolls.

I'd advise abandoning it and moving on to greener pastures where better heads prevail.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I mean, honestly, why do people care so much? There was nowhere near the same resounding outcry at deficit spending when Bush bailed the banks out or when he engaged in war in Iraq. People didn't give a sh*t then and yet it is the most appalling thing that has ever happened to them now. I know it is denied by all, but I do have to question why it is that people hate Obama so very much. Could it really be as simple as they despise the idea of a black man who is interested in making society serve people rather than making people serve society? So many Republican policies which are supported by grassroots blue-collar workers are so incredibly self-defeating, or contrary to self-interest that it almost beggars belief. What is there about Barack H. Obama that brings out vicious hatred in so many individuals?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by duality90
What is there about Barack H. Obama that brings out vicious hatred in so many individuals?

Welllll for ME its the fact that he actually made me BELIEVE he was going to at least TRY to do all
the things he promised in his campaign speeches, first and foremost being the return of all our troops
to their country....still not done....so I DESPISE him now (almoooost as much as Bush) because he
gave me Hope again then ripped it away excruxiatingly slowly!

It bothers me that you wish to believe that the non-Obama crowd only hate him because of his color!!
There's your reverse rascism for you! Shame!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by duality90
I mean, honestly, why do people care so much? I know it is denied by all, but I do have to question why it is that people hate Obama so very much. Could it really be as simple as they despise the idea of a black man who is interested in making society serve people rather than making people serve society? What is there about Barack H. Obama that brings out vicious hatred in so many individuals?

and here we go.... was waiting for the race card being played on this subject.
"society serve people".. sheesh, what does that MEAN exactly? That "society" , is it the working class? the taxpayers, the wealthy, they should all serve people HOW?? By Giving to "the people" what the "people" NEVER worked for themselves?? This whole idea of yours is why welfare wont go away.

Anyhoo, back on this thread. I do get why people don';t want to see a long drawn out "obama praise fest". Would you praise the killer of your child because he suddenly became a political figure. I think many people are offended by all this because we SEE the destruction this fake POTUS has done to our country, and we feel he deserves no praise, much less long drawn out times of it. (And many also feel he HAS destroyed our grandchildren's future).

Many feel he is an ID fraudster, an illegal alien, etc, and then people see his (and his wife's ) lavish spending everywhere all the time, while regular people suffer. Of course it is offensive to watch people pretend to like him with phony applause. He does not deserve even pretend praise.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

A small fee on the largest financial institutions will ensure that it won't add to the deficit, and will give banks that were rescued by taxpayers a chance to repay a deficit of trust.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Pay back the deficit of trust? WHY NOT THE ACTUAL MONEY WE BAILED THEM OUT?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Talltexxxan
My favorite lines from tonight’s State of the Union:
I won’t let other countries like China slant the playing field in their favor. I promise if the playing field is level I guarantee we will win…… every time.

Wasn't that a sick joke??

Sure Mr. Community Organizer .. that's why you spend our money developing oil in Brazile just to let the Chinese come in and buy it up ... and that's why you squashed the pipeline from Canada so now the Chinese are buying up the Canadian oil as well .... throwing our money away and letting all the 'close by' oil go to the chinese which raises our taxes and oil prices and further erodes the economy.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

The playing field CAN be level and one person can ALWAYS win.

Playing Field being level != opponents are equally matched.

This is some of that Texas schooling, isn't it

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
When are the NEIVE people going to wake up? Politicians are snakes who speak with forked tongues. It's nothing more than scripted propaganda.....a theatrical play if you will.

Their election (smear) campaigns alone tells all about their true character. That and the fact that their only concern is getting the majority vote for their party. It should be illegal this system. 2 gangs looking for power over their block.

They're nothing more than cookie cutter molds with the same programming. It should be mandatory that every politician is independent and if they secretly have ANY party affiliation, they should be tried for treason and put to death.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by duality90

What is there about Barack H. Obama that brings out vicious hatred in so many individuals?
My post on page 2 about sums it up.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I watched this on ABC News on-line, things started out ok, telling congress off about their great show of maturity …then rapidly deteriorated after a scary one liner on CYBER CRIME..(Sounds like the new big threat)
I felt quite ill over the commentator’s sycophancy....it reminded me of the commentators in England that would cheer over the smell of the Queen’s toilet after use, if they felt they could get away with it.
So we’ve had fabulous successes with our costly foreign forays and bad guy removal…. We’ve given our young folks hope that if they serve in these liberations they’ll get a job at home (It’s being arranged with our corporations). I also felt much better being told how popular the USA is abroad now (other than the folks that are trying to take our liberty).
And good news the economy is going to be fixed by raising taxes on capital gains and by in-sourcing.
A yahoo finance blog told me last night the FED does not print money (silly Ron Paul)… (Must differentiate between controlling the supply of money and credit with printing).
"The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades".

(The future’s so bright I gotta wear shades..byTimbuk 3)

edit on 25-1-2012 by AliceBlackman because: crediting the line from a song in the 1980.s the the Band

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Such a crazy rant.

Political parties exist, and always have, for very useful reasons. It's not parties that ruin American democracy, it's the fact that there's only two, the fact that they're almost exactly the same and the fact that business controls them that makes them awful.

If you want to fix democracy, don't worry about political parties (they certainly aren't a reason to murder people as you claim), worry about what undemocratically controlled business is doing to your country.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
all i have to say is they orchestrated and rehearsed very well. when obama mentioned a name, the camera was on that person or their spouses faces in less than a second.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I was not embarrased by the President. I don't think he has given up on the American people as individuals and what they can accomplish, especially through difficult times. I am retired now but I worked physical labor all my life and have a pretty good retirement because of a union retirement plan since 1972. The republicans make me feel like I did something wrong in life because I worked at labor and joined a union. The republicans make me feel like all is hopeless and the only answer is for the working man and the weak to work harder and suffer more. I know I am talking about feelings. But "how I feel about this guy" is what is going to decide who wins the presidency this time, I think.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It would be a lot harder for small businesses to hire. Because of the policies and the programs that the president is pushing. Because of the expenses, they won't be able to hire new employees, and it's cheaper.

Let's take Apple for instance.

Apple owns a whole city out in China, They get paid $17.00 an hour, everyone in this city is employed there, they works together as a team, they have 2 hospitals, they are housed as employees and they get fed.

I'm living in the wrong city. My pay isn't even that much.

Steve job did that in 5 weeks.

If they moved here it would take about 20 years for US to compete with Steve Jobs.

We have to many regulations to help businesses grow. Which forces the business to go overseas.

Obama is Pro-Union.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I think you may be confusing China with Alice's "Wonderland" and if you really think that working conditions are that good in China, well maybe you should move. You probably won't earn more money but the dose of reality that you get from the experience may help you to crawl out of the "Rabbit Hole" you seem to be living in. When I looked for $17.00 per hr. jobs working for Apple in China, this is what I found;

www.bloomberg.com...

The Chinese city of Zhengzhou will help Foxconn Technology Group recruit more than 100,000 workers next year for its local factory, matching the number it helped the maker of Apple Inc. (AAPL) iPhones and iPads hire in 2011.
Zhengzhou has a large workforce, with labor costs that are about two-thirds of those in China’s wealthier coastal cities, Deputy Mayor Xue Yunwei said in an interview. That’s given Zhengzhou, the capital of the mostly rural province of Henan, an advantage luring investment from manufacturers, he said.
“You can’t find entry-level workers in Shanghai offering only 1,500 yuan ($237) of monthly salary,” Xue said in Beijing yesterday. “But we can.”

articles.businessinsider.com...

Foxconn -- a major assembler of Apple products like the iPhone and the iPad -- is probably the quintessential Chinese manufacturer.

The company is known for its brutal conditions and plant suicides, and it's at the vanguard of Chinese labor problems, notably inflation and shortages.

Anyway, here's a sign that the company is not content to keep its fortunes tied to China. According to Reuters (via @bored2tears), the company is considering a big, $12 billion investment in Brazil manufacturing.

Read more: articles.businessinsider.com...

This particular article also included a list of some of the other luxurious working conditions offered at the Apple manufacturing plants in China;

www.guardian.co.uk...

An investigation into the conditions of Chinese workers has revealed the shocking human cost of producing the must-have Apple iPhones and iPads that are now ubiquitous in the west.

The research, carried out by two NGOs, has revealed disturbing allegations of excessive working hours and draconian workplace rules at two major plants in southern China. It has also uncovered an "anti-suicide" pledge that workers at the two plants have been urged to sign, after a series of employee deaths last year.

■ Excessive overtime is routine, despite a legal limit of 36 hours a month. One payslip, seen by the Observer, indicated that the worker had performed 98 hours of overtime in a month.

■ Workers attempting to meet the huge demand for the first iPad were sometimes pressured to take only one day off in 13.

■ In some factories badly performing workers are required to be publicly humiliated in front of colleagues.

■ Crowded workers' dormitories can sleep up to 24 and are subject to strict rules. One worker told the NGO investigators that he was forced to sign a "confession letter" after illicitly using a hairdryer. In the letter he wrote: "It is my fault. I will never blow my hair inside my room. I have done something wrong. I will never do it again."

■ In the wake of a spate of suicides at Foxconn factories last summer, workers were asked to sign a statement promising not to kill themselves and pledging to "treasure their lives".

Yeah, if I were you, I'd be packing my bags as we speak.

By the way, the only thing I'm embarrassed about are the radical "right-wing" post in this thread and the degree of hypocrisy currently being displayed by today's "New" Republican Party. I thought Obama's state of the union speech was great!

My only message to Mitt, Newt, Ron & Rick is; "It's all over but the crying."
edit on 25-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I agree with you! It does not matter if it is a republican or dem, They always do the same thing, they tell the american public what it wants to hear, I mean isn't that there job? You know that it would be crazy to tell people what they don't want to hear. It does not matter either right or left, The things that are good that the presidents want to change is very hard to do, no matter who they are. the government as a whole needs to get there head out of there butts and make some positive changes to show the american public it can do it's job.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The 'foreign national' has spoken!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by JOBEone

I was talking about the subject line!
Your illegal POUS
The Enemy Within

edit on 25-1-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: clarify