It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I the only one embarrassed after watching the "State of the Union"?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I'm not embarrassed at all...I'm very much excited and fired up now for the 2012 election.

Romney and Newt should be shaking in their boots...Obama isn't going to lie down and give up...he is ready to fight.

It was nice to hear Obama talk about helping out the working class instead of just arguing which way is better to help out the rich like the GOP does. The GOP candidates disagree on things like this...should we eliminate capital gains...or give corporations a flat tax of 5%????

This is the only choice in the 2012 election. Are you going to support someone who is proposing solutions for the working class or someone who is only concerned about how rich people can pay less taxes???

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I like that George W Bush's budget director have the balls
to give a rebuttal preaching about the merits of budgetary
restraint... That was embarrassing...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I'm not embarrassed at all...I'm very much excited and fired up now for the 2012 election.

Romney and Newt should be shaking in their boots...Obama isn't going to lie down and give up...he is ready to fight.

It was nice to hear Obama talk about helping out the working class instead of just arguing which way is better to help out the rich like the GOP does. The GOP candidates disagree on things like this...should we eliminate capital gains...or give corporations a flat tax of 5%????

This is the only choice in the 2012 election. Are you going to support someone who is proposing solutions for the working class or someone who is only concerned about how rich people can pay less taxes???

Ya all the GOP has to offer is the suggestion for Prozac and black out curtains in everyone's
rooms. They are gonna run on more tax cuts for billionaires and depression, good luck, dudes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I watched "Storage Wars" & didn't get aggravated...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I did'nt even watch it.

I turned on a couple of episodes of shipping wars

Seriously, I can tell you that there were "promises" about the economy and the whole were doing better, but not great, speech right after they had their $100 dollar fancy plate dinners.....at the finest restaurant........

I had chili

I did'nt feel like a puppet show tonight

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Translation: The banker puppets on the strings of the same entities will make it look like they have stark differences and it's an actual legitimate election of voting for the candidate who will benefit the country the most when in reality things will be virtually the same with either of them as president.

This is the only choice in the 2012 election.
Nevermind him obviously being a banker puppet, not addressing the Federal Reserve and gleefully violating the Constitution over and over again makes him an unviable presidential candidate in my book.

Here are some of your "only choice's" top campaign donors:
Goldman Sachs $1,013,091
JPMorgan Chase & Co $808,799
Citigroup Inc $736,771
General Electric $529,855
Morgan Stanley $512,232

And here's a graphic that shows the 11 Goldman Sachs employees appointed to the Obama Administration:

Obama is the "only choice" if the person you want running this country is a banker-puppet tyrant violating the Constitution while continuing to accumulate debt and breaking promises.
edit on 24-1-2012 by TupacShakur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm a Democrat. But I believe what Republican Abraham Lincoln believed: That Government should do for people only what they cannot do better by themselves, and no more.

Oh really Mr. President? Then please explain that 30% tax rate you threw out there in your speech.

Quoting Lincoln and then talking about a 30% tax rate is laughable. Medieval serfs had to give the lord of the manor one-third of their output and they were considered slaves.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The speech was very good. maybe obama's best yet. Even Boehner was choking on himself because Obama used many republican arguments to prove his points. No wonder the republican response was so muted. Obama blew it out of the park in my opinion. I think this election is over for all practical purposes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Hmmm.....

It seems as though your Government is too big. Forcing kids to stay in school until 18? Bud out.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by badconduct

You think it is bad thing to keep kids in school until 18?

i can't pin down the day that I woke up and the world had become crazy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by badconduct
Hmmm.....

It seems as though your Government is too big. Forcing kids to stay in school until 18? Bud out.

Yeah, we have a 16 year old here and everyday it's an argument to get her to get her butt in school.
But the truancy officers can't do anything. So, how can they sit there and force them to go? Too bad he didn't elaborate more on that topic.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
The speech was very good. maybe obama's best yet. Even Boehner was choking on himself because Obama used many republican arguments to prove his points. No wonder the republican response was so muted. Obama blew it out of the park in my opinion. I think this election is over for all practical purposes.

You know , I missed most of it . What did the President have to say about our 15 Trillion National Debt ? What were his Ideas on how we can reduce it ? How about our Dismal Job Market , did he mention anything about trying to Improve it ?
edit on 24-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I think he said we recovered more then 2 Trillion debt due to the business re-hiring the unemployed. I think that's what he said. Commentators on yahoo were noisy and annoying and kept interrupting the speech.

I disagree with the 2 Trillion.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
The halfwhit was given his shot, he screwed the pooch now its time for him to hit the speech circuit like all the rest of the corporate rapists and fade away

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweetnlow
The halfwhit was given his shot, he screwed the pooch now its time for him to hit the speech circuit like all the rest of the corporate rapists and fade away

Ya and put in Newt or Romney who actually hate normal working class people

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If he gets re-elected, more people are going to have to go oversea to find work.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
If he gets re-elected, more people are going to have to go oversea to find work.

is that right?

how is that?

link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical

You know , I missed most of it . What did the President have to say about our 15 Trillion National Debt ? What were his Ideas on how we can redudce it ? How about tout Dismal Job Market , did he mention anything about trying to Improve it ?
edit on 24-1-2012 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

I didn't Bother to Watch it either, Why listen to Lies?
reference to your question :

What did the President have to say about our 15 Trillion National Debt ?

I'm Sure He Blamed Bush,,,,,

Just Look At The Man,,, He Is A:

link   
reply to post by mastahunta

That's not going to happen, the only thing they can look forwards to is the woodchipper if they get too close

SM2

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i watched it and i ended up zoning out, all i heard was " not my fault, I am the greatest, pander pander pander, spend more money, make new government agencies, spend more money, blame everyone else, here are some fake job numbers and finally, spend more money and raise more taxes"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join