It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sounds aka Hearing Changes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
RealTruth thought I should open this question/comment on it's own thread.

What if the recent unexplained sounds many have been hearing have always been there? Maybe it's the people's hearing that has been changed? Like something opened up a new temporary frequency for some and it's able to be recorded/picked up on audio/video devices.

That's all I got

edit on 24-1-2012 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a good idea, but if everyone can hear the sounds in the videos, why hasn't everyone heard the sounds outside? in order for your theory to work everyone's ears would have had to change to detect the sounds, because everyone can hear the frequencies in the videos. yet, not everyone has heard the sounds outside, so it makes more sense that no ones ears have changed. i think the best possible explanation is that the sound is really coming from the sky/earth, or it is just a hoax

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachrk

Hmmm... An interesting take on it.

For me it seems unlikely since the sounds (in the videos I've seen anyway) are in the mid to lower-mid frequencies; meaning that they are not at the top or the bottom of the audible range. If the sounds were at the top or bottom then maybe our hearing could expand to encompass them like you suggest.

You did put another thought in my mind though... Could these be LRAD generated noises (or some type of directed sound technology)? (Wiki:LRAD). Or maybe the Earth has a set of (normally) inaudible frequencies that sometimes phase align to make these sounds?
edit on 1/24/2012 by xenthuin because: Typo

edit on 1/24/2012 by xenthuin because: Additional typos and addition

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by oak123
a good idea, but if everyone can hear the sounds in the videos, why hasn't everyone heard the sounds outside? in order for your theory to work everyone's ears would have had to change to detect the sounds, because everyone can hear the frequencies in the videos. yet, not everyone has heard the sounds outside, so it makes more sense that no ones ears have changed. i think the best possible explanation is that the sound is really coming from the sky/earth, or it is just a hoax

I agree the sound is real. I just wonder if for a brief moment bunches of peoples ears "retuned" and heard what was really around them. These same sounds can be recorded and listened to by anyone but maybe only "heard" by a few.
p.s. Sorry I edited that in my original post before reading yours

edit on 24-1-2012 by Bachrk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by xenthuin

Thanks! Two plausible ideas I'll look into.

top topics

join