It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence of Giants in Ancient Mexico

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
This is from Bernal Diaz’s book The Conquest of New Spain from the Cortes expedition to Mexico around 1520. On one occasion an Indian tribe he had made peace with was describing to Cortez a history of their past.

They said their ancestors had told them that very tall men and women with huge bones had once dwelt among them, but because they were a very bad people with wicked customs they had fought against them and killed them, and those of them who remained had died off. And to show us how big these giants had been they brought us the leg bone of one, which was very thick and the height of an ordinary sized man, and that was a leg bone from the hip to the knee. I measured myself against it, and it was as tall as I am, though I am of a reasonable height. They brought other pieces of bone of the same kind, but they were all rotten and eaten away by the soil. We were all astonished b y the sight of these bones and felt certain there must have been giants in that land. And Cortes said that we ought to send the leg bone to Castile so that His Majesty might see it, which we did by the first agents who went there.

What I found remarkable about this account of the giants was how the Indians described them as very bad people with wicked customs. These were the very Indians that Cortes and the Spaniards were constantly admonishing about their own wicked practices of human sacrifice, cannibalism, slavery, rape, plunder and sodomy. If there were things worse than that done by the giants I can’t imagine how bad it was.

I have also read in other books that the giants will return again someday but that is a subject for another thread under a different topic.
edit on 24-1-2012 by cybro because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Wow ..neet story ..
so maybe there were giants after the flood ...peace

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Cortes keeping peace with Indian tribes? That's the first time I have heard of that.
He was about "give me your gold, tell me where more is, now meet the Jesuits there here to inflict their religion upon you heathens"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
More than likely mistaken dinosaur bones. What else would the ancient people have thought other than giant humans...they definitely wouldn't be thinking giant lizards.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Or maybe we've mistaken giant's bones for dinosaurs... or dragons.

Just think aloud here. haha

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
This account is consistent with the fabled Giants of the Solomon Islands. Supposedly, there are several islands where it is common knowledge among the indigenous tribes that these giants, referred to as Nephelim and Half-Castes, still inhabit the inner, removed parts of the land. Also rumored that during WW2, the Japanese encountered them while occupying the islands. Their accounts also point to the giants having a particular interest in the local gold mines, as in they sabotage the worksites. E.g. moving a 10 ton earth movers scoop hundreds of yards... With no tracks... As in, it was thrown. Numerous other stories, look it up.
edit on 24-1-2012 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by thepupils

Dunno about any giants here but yes, Cortez made allies of several indian tribes. He needed guides and would need allies to fight against the Aztecs. Many of the coastal tribes were at war with the Aztec and were more than happy for a chance at revenge.
Since these tribes had little or no gold he found them useful as porters, spies and interpreters as well.

OP - does the article say who was being quoted here. Any links or other sources?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A facinating find OP. Legends of giants are an intriguing subject for me, considering many cultures relate similar stories. If more collaborating evidence could be found, it could well shed light on the monolithic ruins that litter Central and South America.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

i doubt they mistook the bones for something besides a giant because they claimed that the giants walked among them- they even described their bad behavior... they didn't just find these bones and claim them to be giants- their history that they have passed down demonstrates that they actually lived and saw these giants... so i think it makes the most sense that unless this is a hoax/fake, then the giants did walk among them once

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

According to "Buffalo Bill" Cody, while scouting in Wyoming, the Pawnee Indians had shown him and his group remains of giants. I've heard of a few other instances in North American, as well as around the world, of giant skeletons being discovered ....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Dinosaur bones was in Greece, creating the idea of the Titans in the Americas it would be improbable that in the jungle (or quasi jungle) dinosaur bones were readily available, as described in the text, it would make more sense that they would be referring to giant sloth bones...

edit on 25-1-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Wicked people with bad customs?

Sounds like the human race to me.....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Dunno about any giants here but yes, Cortez made allies of several indian tribes. He needed guides and would need allies to fight against the Aztecs. Many of the coastal tribes were at war with the Aztec and were more than happy for a chance at revenge.
Since these tribes had little or no gold he found them useful as porters, spies and interpreters as well.

OP - does the article say who was being quoted here. Any links or other sources?

At first, yes he needed guides,porters, interpreters,etc...

After he conquered the Aztecs and gained control of the new world (New Spain)
did he still keep peaceful relations and let them live their lives how they were
Before the spanish arrived? Did he let them continue their heathen religion, without inflicting
Catholicism upon them? Did he force them to accept don Juan Carlos as their new king?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Natives were a disposable commodity unless of course they were saved. So many tribes simply disappeared due to disease or the depredations of the Spanish.
They were all made to accept Christianity or were put to death by slave work in mines and such. Accepting the King of Spain would have been a requisite for the Natives as well so far as I know.
The complete destruction of their cultures was such a great loss to the world. Thousands of bark books (codices) were tossed into the fire to rid them of "demonic influences"

Such were European standards at the time.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I have always felt that the Spanish took a majority of the bark bark codices
& they are in the Vatican library. All of the heathen idols were destroyed.

If Giant(s) bones were sent back to Spain/Vatican,
Wouldn't texts of their history be sent back also?

Or was it more like in Gary Jennings book "Aztec" where benedictine
Scribes recorded oral stories/history & sent those back instead of the original conduces?

Always wondered about that...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Only a handful of codices were saved mostly for curiosity's sake.
Jennings book Aztec is astounding work of historical fiction and rings true to me in many ways.
So glad to hear someone else read it!

My thought on the giant bones was perhaps they came from some pleistocene mammal like giant sloth.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The quote I posted was taken straight from the book "The Conquest of New Spain" on page 181 so there is no link but you can get a little more background about the giants in Mexico from this link.

Accounts of Giants in North America

It appears that the Mexicans stole Mexico from the Giants before the Spanish stole Mexico from the Mexicans.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
there are biblical accounts of giants and there are giants mentioned in nearly every religion of the world including Australian Aboriginal customs, coincidentally all are about the same time period, in the Christian bible they are said to be wicked and to have mated with all types of beasts as well as the women but that they where predominately homosexual and where not discreet about it, also they are said to have made all types of animal abomination, making the Centaurs etc, if you want references to these i am happy to post a lot of historical references to them but it may take a bit of time, starters is Genesis Ch 6 or just read from this guy stevequayle.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by azza5540
there are biblical accounts of giants and there are giants mentioned in nearly every religion of the world including Australian Aboriginal customs, coincidentally all are about the same time period, In the Christian bible they are called the Nephilim and are said to be wicked and to have mated with all types of beasts as well as the women but that they where predominately homosexual and where not discreet about it, also they are said to have made all types of animal abomination, making the Centaurs etc, if you want references to these i am happy to post a lot of historical references to them but it may take a bit of time, starters is Genesis Ch 6 or just read from this guy stevequayle.com... it is very interesting reading he also has an hour+ radio interview that has been posted on youtube. The Truth About Nephilim Giants (Full Video) - Steve Quayle or www.youtube.com...
edit on 28-1-2012 by azza5540 because: not finished,

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Thanks that was a good interview, a lot of information.

That guy validates what I have suspected for a long time that there is way more to history than what the experts are willing to admit. Seems like there is a conspiracy to cover up the existence of giants, how destructive they were and possibly will be again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join