It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Well now I understand why you are hell bent, with the red mist blinding your eyes, on debunking, and your post to star ratio shows it.

There are people who lie. Not Von Daniken. He poses questions. David Childress seems to be the liar. We've been through this before.

Sitchin isn't necessarily a liar either. Neither is Sagan.

There are certain uncertainties. The Vimana's and the description of their design (including the use of Mercury) in ANCIENT Sanskrit texts. Ezekiels chariot. Some of the Mesoamerican statues of men in what seem to be rockets, and other art that has replicated modern, or even advanced, technology. Also, The strange data supplied in 'some' crop circles. The Sumerian/Babylonian creation tale.

Then there are uncertain uncertainties like David Childress' quote of the mahabharata....and the 'incandescent column of smoke and fire'.

I respect the fact you are on a mission. Just ensure you keep an open mind.

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The earth itself is trying to speak to us,trying to tell us something,attempting to communicate a message the only way it knows how,in the shape and form of crop circles and perhaps the earth is saying..."what are you doing to me?...i'm dying"
edit on 6-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Harte

Well now I understand why you are hell bent, with the red mist blinding your eyes, on debunking, and your post to star ratio shows it.

LOL
Regarding this "ratio," you dismiss two very real facts with your above statement:
1) I was posting here before the "star" thing was implemented.
2) The population of members at this site is greatly skewed towards "believers."

There are people who lie. Not Von Daniken. He poses questions. David Childress seems to be the liar. We've been through this before.

Not only is EVD a liar, he admitted it:

For example, he produced photographs of pottery that he claimed had been found in an archaeological dig. The pottery depicts flying saucers and was said to have been dated from Biblical times. However, investigators from Nova (the fine public-television science program) found the potter who had made the allegedly ancient pots. They confronted von Däniken with evidence of his fraud. His reply was that his deception was justified because some people would only believe if they saw proof ("The Case of the Ancient Astronauts," first aired 3/8/78, done in conjunction with BBC's Horizon and Peter Spry-Leverton)!

Source

There are certain uncertainties. The Vimana's and the description of their design (including the use of Mercury) in ANCIENT Sanskrit texts.

Most such descriptions of the crafts, as well as their engines, derive from the Vimanyka Shastra, which was "channelled" in the first half of the 20th century and is neither ancient nor even a valid Vedic text.

At any rate, I'm glad you understand my position and look forward to the time when you finally realize you've been had.

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

It's interesting and I am still reading, but why try so hard to downplay people being able to do this as "drunks with planks" it is a lot more complicated than that and takes some math skills to create this images. It would just read less desperate without that non sense.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

It's interesting and I am still reading, but why try so hard to downplay people being able to do this as "drunks with planks" it is a lot more complicated than that and takes some math skills to create this images. It would just read less desperate without that non sense.
Some of these crop circles are so vast,intricate and precise that imo,they would be "impossible" to make from the ground and what about that footage i saw of the silver orb that was filmed flying over a field and then suddenly a crop circle appeared beneath it,almost like the orb was a pre-programmed drone leaving a message,was that ever "proved" to be hoaxed footage? Of course some people will say its fake without really knowing if it is or isnt,but is it real or not? If its real then thats the answer to these things staring us right in the face...

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

Some of these crop circles are so vast,intricate and precise that imo,they would be "impossible" to make from the ground and what about that footage i saw of the silver orb that was filmed flying over a field and then suddenly a crop circle appeared beneath it,almost like the orb was a pre-programmed drone leaving a message,was that ever "proved" to be hoaxed footage? Of course some people will say its fake without really knowing if it is or isnt,but is it real or not? If its real then thats the answer to these things staring us right in the face...

It wasn't "proved," it was admitted that it was a hoax.

Which, of course, is "proof."

Harte

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Admitted by who? Someone who is following the pre-arranged agendas that have been put in place that are strictly adhered to that automatically ridicules and ignores objects and evidence that does'nt fit the currently enforced belief structures of those who are presently in control?

edit on 7-2-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Admitted by who? Someone who is following the pre-arranged agendas that have been put in place that are strictly adhered to that automatically ridicules and ignores objects and evidence that does'nt fit the currently enforced belief structures of those who are presently in control?

Admitted by the person that did it.

Now, if you're willing to believe the vid is real when told so by the guy who originally uploaded it, but not willing to believe the same guy when he says it was a hoax, then that says far more about you than it does about any "hidden conspiracy" of people trying to cover up ET.

Harte

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Admitted by the person that did it.

Now, if you're willing to believe the vid is real when told so by the guy who originally uploaded it, but not willing to believe the same guy when he says it was a hoax, then that says far more about you than it does about any "hidden conspiracy" of people trying to cover up ET.

Harte
I saw the footage,thats all,i knew nothing else about it...

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Carly boy was in the loop of the know, and like many, he took alot with him to the grave

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

The text I'm referring to is the Samarangana Sutradhara. This isn't channelled yet has a chapter of mechanical contrivances including the Vimanas. This book was written somewhere between 1000AD - 1055AD.

Hanslune and I have done this dance before and he doesn't deny that info is in this recognised ancient text.

Regarding Von Daniken, that is very bad. You can't convince people of the truth by using lies. While I am dirty on the fact he did that I still like some of his ideas.
edit on 8-2-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is probably one of the coolest threads on ATS
Thank you so much for sharing this enlightening information with us

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Ive seen alot of stuff talking about the crop circles fake compared to "real".
apparently the elbow or joint of the plants stem actually grow in the direction they are shaped instead of being bent/snapped(people with planks),
it would take radiation or something, id imagine it would be hard to produce something like that in hours or overnight waiting for the plants to grow, unless its a big operation..

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

The text I'm referring to is the Samarangana Sutradhara. This isn't channelled yet has a chapter of mechanical contrivances including the Vimanas. This book was written somewhere between 1000AD - 1055AD.

Hanslune and I have done this dance before and he doesn't deny that info is in this recognised ancient text.

I don't deny it. But I'd like to have a real translation of it, as most websites incorrectly translate the title (which, as you note, has been discussed here before.)

However, your post that I was responding to mentioned the use of mercury.

I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that comes from the channelled work I stated, and not from the Samarangana Sutradhara.

Harte

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Of course he knew something. Duh!

Discussion over.

Thread closed.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I'll happily prove you wrong:

Link

Samarangana Sutradhara is in eighty three chapters with chapter thirty one specializing in the mechanical contrivances and Yantras, having verses 95-100 dealing with the construction of bird shaped aerial cars and verses 101-107 dealing with the Robots meant to act as guards.

i.e. Having made a wooden large bird having body very stout and well knit, in the interior or abdomen of that one mercury, one may pour down. In its lower portion the fire place having fire filled in-

i.e. mounted over or into that the man by the breeze released owing to flapping of wings twain by the energy of its mercury, taking to marvels -flies far away into the sky. Samarangana Sutradhara, GOSE, pp. 183-184).

A wooden bird in whose hollow body is placed a copper contrivance one inch long and one quarter inch high, of slender cylindrical shape in two well joined halves allowing a hole at the centre along which air passes when the bird moves creating a pleasing sound.

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

I'll happily prove you wrong:

[url=http://www.exoticindiaart.com/book/details/samarangana-sutradhara-of-bhojadeva-ancient-treatise-on-architecture-with-introduction-sanskrit-text-v erse-by-verse-english-translation-and-notes-in-two-volumes-IDJ479/]

Sweet.

Do you know if there is an online translation available?

Also, you're aware that the actual means of accomplishing the necessary mechanical output for flight or other mechanical motions (i.e. "robot guards") is not spelled out in the text, right?

That is, the actual source of the energy, and the way it is put to use, isn't even mentioned.

Or, is it?

Harte
edit on 2/10/2012 by Harte because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Speaking of DNA, I believe that so called "junk" DNA is actually extraterrestrial. I don't believe the body contains any useless garbage.
Your thoughts?

I think it's funny that scientists EVER assume we have non functional things in our body. I'm not going to comment on what I think junk DNA is, all I know is that in the past when scientists didn't know the use for some organ or body part, they assumed it had no use. Then they CONTINUALLY would discover the use of such organs in time, for scientists to still be assuming "we don't know it's use, it must not have one" is just stupid. If it didn't have a purpose, it wouldn't be in the body, that's what I think anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

No online translation that I'm aware of.

I wouldn't expect them to know the inner workings of the technology, just the bit's and pieces that the 'Gods' allowed them to observe.

posted on Feb, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Carl Sagan certainly knew something more about Aliens than he publicly let on... how much exactly he knew, of course no one can be sure. Why he choose to "make a deal with the devil?" Perhaps he wanted the extra-funding or was convinced by the Control Group somehow. But mostly likely in my opinion, he also realized that The Truth was far more intense than anyone guessed, more intense than "simply UFOs," and choose to not look crazy.

Once I have the twenty posts minimum requirement; I will post my argument, theory, and evidence. And then we can all have a good time!

(A general outline of my theory is that his book Contact, isn't as fictional as we all believe.... and that the realities we are about to walk into, are far more spooky than we might want to know...)

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join