It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I guess no one has watched the video of the MIT students attempting to copy a crop circle in 24 hours and failed. It was a very simple one at that.

These are brightest students that pride themselves on getting it done when challenged. LOL not this time. I am looking for the documentary I watched - talk about frustration - they couldn't do it and had 24 hours to get it done.
They were the ones that were shocked.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Saddam hussien morphed into an alien droid and flew away.
Now this is censored and burried deep in military intel my friend Brad says, take my word for it!
edit on 25-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

I spread the 6/10 every day with my screen name.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

I know the truth, man. I have seen Men in Black!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
From what I am reading on the history of DNA discovery....3billion is the repeated number....no mention of only 1 billion. but where Carl got that specific 4 billion number is a mystery or a mistake. According to a Cornell article put out in 1999, the purpose of the message was not to contact anyone but to test new technology, to prove it worked.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Obviously, the most rational explanation is that aliens from Jupiter contacted him via smashing corn and spilled the beans.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe
I am skeptical that Carl Sagan had a convo with an alien species inhabiting the planet Jupiter because I see things I want to believe, and not whats really there.

I am also skeptical of that as well.

But I find it funny that you use a straw man argument like this.
I didn't see the OP claim that Carl Sagan had conversations with Jupiterians or Jupiterites or whatever.

The reason you are utilizing a straw man is because rather than addressing the serious and more difficult questions proposed in the OP posts, such as the issues with the DNA-RNA topic, you merely just say you are skeptical that "Sagan didn't talk to people from Jupiter".

From what I can tell, Sagan died before the crop formations were even created.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is what ATS is all about. Best thread I have seen in months. Have seen this topic before but never so well put together. You did lose me a bit when going over all the DNA codes. But was able to grasp everything else. The thing that made me go hmmm was the fact the DNA code sent back was updated and showed that whoever sent this is closer geneticaly to us than chimps are to humans. That information alone should raise some eye brows. How could that be? If this information is in fact coming from an alien race then they could be considered relatives of humanity. Or dare I say the parents of humanity. Then that brings up the question... How did that happen? How are we more related to a possible alien race than we are to the primates we supposedly evolved from?

Humanity is aberrant to nature, and something always felt off. Mother nature didn't intend for humans to wear clothes so why did we lose our hair. I'm aware of the aquatic ape theory but doesn't really hold water with me. Something else took place and think it's tied together with the real human history on this planet. I will retract that statement when they find the missing link.

Sorry OP if I went a bit off topic. But this whole thing makes the mind switch to overdrive and just putting the peices together. s&f

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

reply to post by timetothink

Obviously, the most rational explanation is that aliens from Jupiter contacted him via smashing corn and spilled the beans.

Unfounded ridicule doesn't help your position. In fact it weakens your credibility as a serious poster.

There are many alternative rational explanations, but there is little exact evidence tipping the scales to determine which explanation is the ultimate reality.
edit on 25-1-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Okay. I dont really know much about this but im sure that when its credible itll be publicized more then just on AT

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It is all about the circles.
What in heck are you talking about. The circles are mentioned in all three posts. Yet you say its not about the circles.
The circles are man made. They have always been man made. We have people who admit they do this. Why do people just ignore that fact every time a circle is made ?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Okay. I dont really know much about this but im sure that when its credible itll be publicized more then just on AT

Bold for emphasis.

I rest my case.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Okay. Bold that.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Here are the facts, but be open minded:
1. Carl sagan didnt compose the dna part of the message yet understand it.
2. Crop circles are debunked
3. Carl knew a lot
4. Carl believed in extra terrestial intelligence but viewed with contempt the "ufo" community, critizing them on many ocassions.
Here is a link with that (although you can do a search, and perhaps actually read his books, rather then looking at the covers):
www.skeptic.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

It is all about the circles.
What in heck are you talking about. The circles are mentioned in all three posts. Yet you say its not about the circles.
The circles are man made. They have always been man made. We have people who admit they do this. Why do people just ignore that fact every time a circle is made ?

False dichotomy.

So if humans admit to creating airplanes, does that mean all flying objects are airplanes and man made?
No, because birds exist and have a separate origin.

There are many explanations for many different cases of something. In one case it can be explained as one origin, in another case it could be better explained as having a separate origin.

Things are not always black and white and easily drawn into such simplistic categories.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Do you think Roswell was really a UFO too?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

How do you know they did this undetected ? They could have had a whole crowd, kreig lights, tools, laser measureing devices and any number of objects to help form the pictures.
You only assume that this was done under cover of darkness and was mysterously found by someone with the first light of day.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Search for ufotvstudios on Youtube. They have a couple good videos on crop circles. If you think humans can do some of the complicated designs in a few hours of night then you are in denial.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBalazs

Here are the facts, but be open minded:
1. Carl sagan didnt compose the dna part of the message yet understand it.
2. Crop circles are debunked
3. Carl knew a lot
4. Carl believed in extra terrestial intelligence but viewed with contempt the "ufo" community, critizing them on many ocassions.
Here is a link with that (although you can do a search, and perhaps actually read his books, rather then looking at the covers):
www.skeptic.com...

Don't patronize me please.

I have read all of those books, and if you had read them you would know that he did indeed criticize Project Blue Book for coming up with absurd explanations that didn't actually explain anything at all.

Clear minded rational folks can easily criticize BOTH the debunkers and the believers equally.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Here is a quote from Carl, the man:
"Is there a “signal” hiding in all that noise? In my view, there are no cases — despite well over a million UFO reports since 1947 — in which something is so strange that it could only be an extraterrestrial spacecraft is reported so reliably that misapprehension, hoax or hallucination can be reliably excluded. There’s still a part of me that says “Too bad.”"
I could find harsher ones, this is very delicatley put.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join