It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

And I never dismissed his opinion, you are making such huge leaps here in assumptions its a joke. Carl Sagan would laugh at you right now and tell you that you are the one criticizing me for doing what he would tell you to do in the same situation - which is remain skeptical, of everything. I am not skeptical of life existing elsewhere in the universe, I am skeptical that Carl Sagan had a convo with an alien species inhabiting the planet Jupiter because I see things I want to believe, and not whats really there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Now youre saying you have seen flying saucers. I mean....

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBigToe

Ummm, you believe in aliens too.

I did not say that.

I only know that metallic flying saucers exist, but I am open to various possible explanations until it can be proven what exactly it's origins are.

Hopefully you realize that you must fall back onto your cognitive dissonance and 'assume' that I believe this or that, when I in fact do not believe such things.

If I do not KNOW something, than I am open to various possible explanations.

But I will not take any one explanation as ultimate without a sturdy foundation to base it upon.

There is a good possibility of alien existence. I am open to that potential explanation. But I will not "believe" in it wholeheartedly without good reasoning and facts to base it upon.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Okay... now just listen to my argument here. If I told you that I saw god, a heavenly figure that was glowing, blah blah, but I couldnt prove it, you just have to take my word for it that I saw what I saw - would you believe me? Even if I said I was open to other interpretations - would you believe me?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Now youre saying you have seen flying saucers. I mean....

If you haven't seen it, than you are just assuming again.

You assume that there cannot possibly be such a thing.

Than how did I see such a thing? Put yourself in my shoes for one second. Understand that I cannot possibly take you seriously because you base your entire approach on ridicule and premature dismissal.

Wait until you see it yourself. You will crap your pants.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Very funny:-)
Your dismissal of a proved hoax, is my ignorance?
You may see flying pots in your sky, and you may not be able to explain it, but others maybe able to.
If you have such an open mind, have you considered you may be hallucinating, it may be the flying spaghetti monster, it maybe a weather ballon, reflaction, etc.

Now, now be open minded!
There is 0 proof for ufos recently visiting the planet.
Provide the evidence and I will know, until then I will be skeptical and critical of others hysteria and manipulation.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

and there is plenty of evidence to support life can flourish elsewhere in the universe. This is not a leap of faith just because we have never seen an alien species. There is still the problem of great distance between planets to solve.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Okay... now just listen to my argument here. If I told you that I saw god, a heavenly figure that was glowing, blah blah, but I couldnt prove it, you just have to take my word for it that I saw what I saw - would you believe me? Even if I said I was open to other interpretations - would you believe me?

What did I say? "Take my word for it"?
No I did not.

I said that you must see it yourself to know for sure.

And "Seeing God" doesn't make any sense, as "God" is defined as omnipresent, therefore anything you see would be by pure definition a vision of "God", including the feces in your toilet. Basic Philosophy 101.

A "Metallic flying saucer" is a tangible object and has a specific definition. You have used very poor argumentation.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I will direct you to the comment above this post. I already answered. You want me to take your word for it that you witnessed a ufo. Maybe it was a plane. Its a big leap to say it was aliens and therefore you know this is true.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

and there is plenty of evidence to support life can flourish elsewhere in the universe. This is not a leap of faith just because we have never seen an alien species. There is still the problem of great distance between planets to solve.

For humans to solve.

But what about a possible species that has had millions of years to evolve their technology beyond our current point?

Are you suggesting that within millions of years it would be impossible to solve the problem of 'distance'?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

Crop circles is a clever way of passing along information that would be accessible by EVERYONE... not just a select few behind closed doors.

link   

Ummm, well no. The argument I just made about what would you say if I told you I saw god is no different then you saying what would you say to me if I told you I saw a ufo. These are very big leaps. If you said you saw a plane, I could agree because its highly likely. But seeing as how its more likely there are hundreds of other more rational explanations, from mental illness, to a lens flare or whatever, you are instead saying its a UFO.

link   

I will direct you to the comment above this post. I already answered. You want me to take your word for it that you witnessed a ufo. Maybe it was a plane. Its a big leap to say it was aliens and therefore you know this is true.

It is a leap to say it was anything other than what I saw.

You are automatically leaping to assume that you know what it was based on your own predisposed beliefs.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Most life out there would be far more evolved, billions of years more evolved. But there is great distance and it would be ignorant to say that there are aliens that have visited every planet in the universe without actually knowing this to be true. Do you know how big the universe is?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I didnt say it was true and I didnt say it was untrue. Youre putting words in my mouth. All I said was "very interesting but its so far fetched that its practically absurd". I am not ignorant and going to state facts that arent provable.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

No, but they would still choose silly crop circles is what you are suggesting.
Heay, i have an idea!
Why dont we leave a "crop circle" on mars.
Lets leave a message for the invisible chipmunk people on mars, i have it on good authority they exist!
Now, be open minded!
Seems like the way to go, interstellar communication high tech!
Wooo-hheee.
edit on 25-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by BBalazs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BBalazs

loll. Saddam Hussein did it. Just take my word for it!

link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Do you know how big the universe is?

Don't we all??? Thus their ability to bend time and space... like a sheet of paper.

link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Wait wait, I had to stop mid reading to ask this. In which country is the average height of a human 6.5 ' ???
I am thinking that an average height both men and women would be around 5.7" .
Ok back to the OP

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by shushu

Okay, but you can have technology to travel planet to planet and still it would take more then forever to visit every single planet. This is of course an assumption, im not saying our planet has never been visited by extraterrestrials, im just saying the OPs post is a huge leap of faith and therefore I remain skeptical that its actually true.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join