It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Carl Sagan know something?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

The area showing our solar system is slightly different.

I can understand why people think the return message is from our solar system. There's the same number of planets. The biggest one the 5th, just like our solar system.

What the picture may be trying to tell us is there's life on our 3rd, 4th, and 5th planets.
edit on 25-1-2012 by mrnotobc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by bluloa

So what you're saying is the aliens are not creating the circles from visiting earth, but beaming them from across the galaxy somewhere..? Like a long-range laser beam kinda setup..?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp

That picture suggests that the aliens have visited/are inhabiting Earth, Mars and some of Jupiter's moons.

Very intriguing.

Let us hope that the aliens are friendly and not as easily corruptible as us humans.

Who do you think may be corrupting us? Perhaps it isn't humans behind the scheming at all...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GeordieLegend

No, no...it is proven that they have been here (however the government may deny it) and it is proven that forces beyond our power have caused these crop circles. Coincidence?

That's for you to decide.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Excellent post OP, I don't pretend to understand everything, but very interesting nonetheless. S+F

Originally posted by Suspiria
*Sigh* I know absolutely bugger all about DNA but lately plenty about coincidences.
This is the first thread I've looked at on ATS today after budging my three year old off the computer....
You know what he was looking at?
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Laughed when I saw your post. Coincidence is a strange thing indeed! How did I come across this thread? My cat stood on the keyboard and it popped up! Happenstance indeed!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I wish I had more space in my closet.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Prof. Sagan knew lots of things!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
reply to post by GeordieLegend

it is proven... and it is proven...

No it isn't, what you mean is people like you believe in it so it must be true.

Faulty logic I'm afraid, and anyone who believes crop circles couldn't be created by people are deluding themselves, either deliberately or otherwise.

The notion that it's aliens is laughable and it is quite pathetic that people will cling to that rather than the obvious truth.

There really is no hope is there?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
A quick summary for the late comers...

A binary radio message was sent into space with the hope of an alien race with similar technology would receive it, inexplicably the message was received by aliens, who then changed a few things on it, flew to earth and made a wonky crop circle out of it.

They thought this was a better way of replying, because sending a return message the same way they received it clearly didn't come into the equation.

To put it in earth terms, it would be like getting an email from your aunt on the other side of the planet asking how you are and you getting on a plane to fly 20+ hours, catching a bus to her town, then a taxi to her house to reply by writing "I'm good thanks, how are you?"on her front lawn.

Clearly, these aliens aren't Vulcan...

The next point is Carl Sagan, he had nothing to do with the composing of this message, in fact he didn't even understand the DNA chemistry contained within the message!

Another ATS triumph full of mindless flagging and ignorant backslapping!

Think I might flag it too...baaaaah

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Just thought I'd add this to the thread. Did you know the Arecibo message was transmitted more than once?

Wikipedia link

Quote. Cosmic Call messages The Cosmic Call messages consisted of a few digital sections - "Rosetta Stone", copy of Arecibo Message, Bilingual Image Glossary, the Braastad message, as well as text, audio, video and other image files submitted for transmission by everyday people around the world. The "Rosetta Stone" was composed by Stephane Dumas and Yvan Dutil and represents a multi-page bitmap that builds a vocabulary of symbols representing numbers and mathematical operations. The message proceeds from basic mathematics to progressively more complex concepts, including physical processes and objects (such as a hydrogen atom). The message is designed with noise resistant format and characters, which make it resistant to alteration by noise. These messages were transmitted in 1999 and 2003 from Evpatoria Planetary Radar under scientific guidance of Alexander L. Zaitsev. Richard Braastad coordinated the overall project.

At the time the Chilbolton crop circle came out I looked at the spot of sky they were transmitting to in 1999 and realized that the Moon, Mars, Uranus and Neptune would have been visible from the transmitting dish. Did they inadvertently hit a alien listening station by chance? And could they have tried replying and no one was listening?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

It is about the circles, you have completely dismissed that the crop circles could be man made and based the rest of your theory around that.

I know for a fact that crop circle makers are very capable of creating intricate designs, look at the Wilton windmill crop circle from a couple of years ago, I did a thread on it, was very clever what they did.

Here's the thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Binary codes, ASCII, sound familiar?

Then the subtle reference to the Planck constant...geddit?

edit on 24/1/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

Heh.....You are guilty of the exact same thing. You dismiss the fact that it's possible Aliens are creating some of these circles.

And your thread is missing something .....EVIDENCE that Humans made that circle.....

Certainly these talented young people who want to make complicated circles would record themselves with cameras doing their awesome work.

...then a month or so later ...after they have fooled everyone ....they can say, "hey, look dummies, we did it and here it is on youtube for all to see"
edit on 25-1-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-1-2012 by dplum517 because: typo

Hardly........ getting upset because conspiratorial minds get closer to the truth each and everyday? lol you're in denial man
edit on 25-1-2012 by dplum517 because: added

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

A quick summary for the late comers...

A binary radio message was sent into space with the hope of an alien race with similar technology would receive it, inexplicably the message was received by aliens, who then changed a few things on it, flew to earth and made a wonky crop circle out of it.

They thought this was a better way of replying, because sending a return message the same way they received it clearly didn't come into the equation.

To put it in earth terms, it would be like getting an email from your aunt on the other side of the planet asking how you are and you getting on a plane to fly 20+ hours, catching a bus to her town, then a taxi to her house to reply by writing "I'm good thanks, how are you?"on her front lawn.

Clearly, these aliens aren't Vulcan...

The next point is Carl Sagan, he had nothing to do with the composing of this message, in fact he didn't even understand the DNA chemistry contained within the message!

Think I might flag it too...baaaaah

One question for you. The same question posed by the OP and the same question he repeatedly asked throughout this thread.

How did whoever it was that created the initial message to be sent from earth know that human DNA actually contained over 4 billion parts instead of the well known and generally accepted throughout the entire scientific community 1 billion?

Recall that the OP mentioned that basically the entire scientific community at the time this message was sent were on the same consensus that there were only 1 billion parts to human DNA.

Recall that the OP mentioned that untold amounts of copies of the original message that was transmitted from earth were made world wide over a period of many years and this "error" was never mentioned.

There are other questions posed and points made by the OP such as who could have created the "reply message" crop circle but as someone pointed out these could have been made by well planed, well informed individuals.

The OP invites anyone knowing the correct answer to this first question to please respond to this thread with that answer. I think this is the main point of the OP and the main question of this thread which I have yet to find a post in this thread that has addressed the question adequately.

-Alien

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Remember, we are supposed to believe these formations were created by a couple of drunk locals out for a laugh with planks of wood and string.

No we're not.

The groups who make crop circles are highly skilled and are very well prepared.

Don't underestimate what they're capable of.

Ok Mr Wickus, than how do you explain the scientific studies where skeptics claim they cannot explain how some of the crop circles were made, but were obviously not by hoaxers:

Published in Physiologia Plantarum (1994), the international journal of the European Societies of Plant Physiology, Levengood's data showed that "plants from crop circles display anatomical alterations which cannot be explained by assuming the formations are hoaxes." He defined a "genuine" formation as one "produced by external energy forces independent of human influence."

Or what about this one?

In 1999, British investigator Ronald Ashby examined the glaze through optical and scanning electron microscopes. He determined that intense heat had been involved -- iron melts at about 2,700 degrees Fahrenheit -- administered in millisecond bursts. "After exhaustive inquiry, there is no mundane explanation for the glaze" he concluded.In another paper for Physiologia Plantarum (1999), Levengood and Talbott suggested that the energy causing crop circles could be an atmospheric plasma vortex -- multiple interacting electrified air masses that emit microwaves as they spiral around the earth's magnetic-field lines.

I do agree that many, possibly a great percentage are done by hoaxers. But what about the ones reported hundreds of years ago? What would have been the point of making something that can only be viewed from the air, when man had no way of flying at the time?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well done.
There is, and always has been, a group of individuals who believe they have a divine right or obligation to possess and conceal knowledge. Some might ask "Howass this possible?" err I mean "How is this possible, and why?" but since I don't know anything about it I pretend I didn't hear nuthin.
NOBODY will EVER hand you the information, you must seek it out and earn it, only then will you be in a position to understand it. Spend at least one of your allotted 24 hours per day in silence and learn something new, based upon some of the replies to this thread I believe reading comprehension would be a good starting point.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
These particular crop circles always look waaaaaay too suspect to me.

It just so happens they show "aliens" looking exactly what the popular image of an alien is, i.e. the classic grey.

Nah, I don't buy it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrnotobc

The area showing our solar system is slightly different.

I can understand why people think the return message is from our solar system. There's the same number of planets. The biggest one the 5th, just like our solar system.

What the picture may be trying to tell us is there's life on our 3rd, 4th, and 5th planets.

Or life on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th planet's (Jupiter's) four major moons.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Halcyon3 because: formatting

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am so glad you were able to put all of this together. I became interested in the crop circles when they appeared and wondered who the message was talking about. It was saying (if decoded correctly) that someone is lying to us??

Carl may have already known and it seems likely that he did know in advance EXACTLY what he was doing.

Could they (Aliens) be our distant relatives and what was really found in Area 51 years ago...makes you wonder. Did we make a deal with them or others? What do we really know scientifically speaking is probably beyond our imagination. The good news is....the Truth always comes out. Sooner or later we will know the answers.

I do not think for a minute skilled crop circle makers make all of them especially the ones in the op. For those that do think they can... good for you but I disagree.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Come on people This is NOT about the circles!!!!!!!!!! Please read all three posts.

I think you mean this was Carls way of showing us alien DNA?

I think it's a very interesting theory.
Also,

My own personal opinion is either its a reply from aliens or its a very well organised plot by some elite secret organisation.If it were aliens I fail to see why they would choose this method to reply because whoever did this could obviously interpret the original message.

Let's just say theoritacly that aliens did it, the logical conclusion would be that they know the governments will never tell us the truth so crop pictures are the only way to communicate with the common human being.

I think you said sort of the same thing in the 3rd part of your OP, I just felt I wanted to say it because it kinda dawned on me when you posed the question.

Great thread anyway

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash
These particular crop circles always look waaaaaay too suspect to me.

It just so happens they show "aliens" looking exactly what the popular image of an alien is, i.e. the classic grey.

Nah, I don't buy it.

lol. Have you been living under a rock?

The "classic grey" is in our culture because of real stories from real people.

We don't put greys in movies and books because it's fiction ....we put them in there because it comes from real legends/myths/stories in our culture.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Maybe just because most people recognize the Grey, and so the crop circle would get a lot of attention?
Kind of 'Ok got your attention, now look at the message'. As to crop circles, I've seen pics taken right after some were discovered, and NO footprints, plank drag marks, etc were found, and no trampled grain. No entry point for hoaxers. Did they drop down from a helicopter? And they appeared within a few hours, in some cases. How would this be possible?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join