It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

It's the system doesn't matter who you put in they will be corrupted shrink Government power ending lobbyists is what needs to be done.

The only reason lobbyists even exist is because Government is the master and we are the slaves.

A smaller less powerful government means less power and less people doing the abusing of power.

link   
reply to post by neo96

Haven't you admitted your own family is on social security?

Are you gonna support them or do you think they need to get off there butts and get a job?
edit on 24-1-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by mastahunta
So explain what the hell retired old people should do Neo?

You guys talk a lot of smack, but never offer anything up of substance.

Do you think seniors live in the lap of luxury?

I'm still waiting to live in the lap of luxury, myself. Worked hard all my life, but at least I have this little bit.

Those born after the 1980's never saw many people living in their cars, and people starving like this was some sort of third world country. We did, of course. Saw suicides and deaths though they weren't well publicized. It was somewhat avoided by the "youngest daughter HAS to take care of the old folks" expectations, but these days the youngest daughters often aren't in a position to support elderly parents.

Although, if anyone wants to adopt me, I'm up for it! I do, however, have a "terrible bad" book habit. Ebooks help, but I'm an avid reader and buy lots of books!
edit on 24-1-2012 by Indellkoffer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

What they use to do before the Government sold them a bill of goods and a life that is no better than an 800 dollar check for the rest of their lives.

Instead of stealing from people who do not use it save and invest etc.

Savings accounts,iras, insurance annuities but hey if you want people to live a lifetime vow of povery so be it,.

Millions of Americans are in a rude awakening when they turn 65.

Eat cat food and freeze in the winter, nice solution

You want them to live with nothing, not everyone can stash away the kind of
money it takes, Neo.

Sounds exactly like the mess that pensioners in the UK were left with thanks to Tony Blair and haven't I mentioned how Obama during his Presidential campaign reminded me of that sleazy, no good snake oil salesman who brought Britain to its knees with his promises of change but failed to do anything other than sell us all out?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackBauer
It's Mitch Daniels, Indiana's governor.

and he is a fricking bummer... He should propose a Cyanide distribution scheme.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7

What they use to do before the Government sold them a bill of goods and a life that is no better than an 800 dollar check for the rest of their lives.

Instead of stealing from people who do not use it save and invest etc.

Savings accounts,iras, insurance annuities but hey if you want people to live a lifetime vow of povery so be it,.

Millions of Americans are in a rude awakening when they turn 65.

Eat cat food and freeze in the winter, nice solution

You want them to live with nothing, not everyone can stash away the kind of
money it takes, Neo.

Sounds exactly like the mess that pensioners in the UK were left with thanks to Tony Blair and haven't I mentioned how Obama during his Presidential campaign reminded me of that sleazy, no good snake oil salesman who brought Britain to its knees with his promises of change but failed to do anything other than sell us all out?

Well the opposite partisans in America actually do not want to give pensioners
A DIME, not a penny... So enjoy that option....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

reply to post by JacKatMtn

It's the system doesn't matter who you put in they will be corrupted shrink Government power ending lobbyists is what needs to be done.

The only reason lobbyists even exist is because Government is the master and we are the slaves.

A smaller less powerful government means less power and less people doing the abusing of power.

Neo, the lobby funds the political careers FIRST, you have your order backwards,

$$$$$$$ Is the master of all...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Yeah my mother and father worked for over 50 years mother still works because the "Great dream of living on the Government Gravy train" was Bs.

Unlike those millions who never worked a day in their lives get paid.

What i said see how my parents use to live not wanting for nothing to be reduced to a vow of poverty i have problems with.

The simple fact they could have invested saved done a myraid of things but they did what millions of Americans do now pass the buck and responsibilty for a lie.

The simple fact there are 2 choices do nothing or take care of yourselves and live a better life and have a better standard of living that million of Americans do now.

And i have had that discussion with them many times.
edit on 24-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

So explain what the hell retired old people should do Neo?

You guys talk a lot of smack, but never offer anything up of substance.

Do you think seniors live in the lap of luxury?

I'm still waiting to live in the lap of luxury, myself. Worked hard all my life, but at least I have this little bit.

Those born after the 1980's never saw many people living in their cars, and people starving like this was some sort of third world country. We did, of course. Saw suicides and deaths though they weren't well publicized. It was somewhat avoided by the "youngest daughter HAS to take care of the old folks" expectations, but these days the youngest daughters often aren't in a position to support elderly parents.

Although, if anyone wants to adopt me, I'm up for it! I do, however, have a "terrible bad" book habit. Ebooks help, but I'm an avid reader and buy lots of books!
edit on 24-1-2012 by Indellkoffer because: (no reason given)

Well I hope it gets better and better for you, I want to do REALLY well in hopes that it
can effect you in some small way.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why don't you go ask the site owner Skeptic how lobbying works and the need for it and while your at it ask him how many congressman hes pays for.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks for the honest reply.

I don't agree with you at all.

4 more years is really gonna bother you, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Checked to see if anyone else has mentioned this

but...

I agree with the new mandate about enforcing children to wait until they turn 18 to drop out or graduate.

I love it!

How will this work with No Child Left Behind? Are teachers going to pas children along even more than they already are?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Why don't you go ask the site owner Skeptic how lobbying works and the need for it and while your at it ask him how many congressman hes pays for.

So you are denying that the lobby funds political careers?

what is your point, Neo?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

This nation can't take 4 more years of the same hasn't worked out so well unless your a green corporation or union member .

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
So now the GOP in the House can get to work putting new laws on the President's
desk, everyone can put their balls on the table and see what the deal is...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And I don't think the nation can last with one more year of this type of neo conservative ideology I know your parents can't.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What's my point?

Government created lobbyists.

Shrink the power of Government and it's instrusiveness there will not be a need for them.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

This nation can't take 4 more years of the same hasn't worked out so well unless your a green corporation or union member .

Why?

You don't want 4 more years of improvement???

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Yeah my mother and father worked for over 50 years mother still works because the "Great dream of living on the Government Gravy train" was Bs.

Unlike those millions who never worked a day in their lives get paid.

What i said see how my parents use to live not wanting for nothing to be reduced to a vow of poverty i have problems with.

The simple fact they could have invested saved done a myraid of things but they did what millions of Americans do now pass the buck and responsibilty for a lie.

The simple fact there are 2 choices do nothing or take care of yourselves and live a better life and have a better standard of living that million of Americans do now.

And i have had that discussion with them many times.
edit on 24-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Or your parents could have done BOTH, like my parents have, that $800 check is nothing to
sneer at and it CAN be invested too.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

That's funny Obama's address sounded like "Neo Conservative" pandering.

Nationalism at it's finest.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join