It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

but are this just words? I think so.

link   
Pass the payroll tax cut now!

Gee its not like that money doesn't go to Social Security and then raise taxes on the "rich" and make people who do not use Social programs for those that do.,

The buffet rule the biggest lie out of Obamas mouth tonite.

Capital Gains is investment income which means 2008 the market crashed and those people lost their butts.

What a baffoon reminds me of the cigarette tax to pay for some childrens program.

God ths irks me 51% of Americans have no federal tax liability.
edit on 24-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
......OT for the Union Address, on topic to a past poster on here:

Did you really just insinuate you are hoping Obama is reelected?
Please tell me that was massive sarcasm. I seriously don't think one person in America aside from his wife is backing Obama to run again.

Great guy and all but once is enough.
I need a new name to cuss for the next four years. I'm /accustomed/ to this 4 year change.

(sarcasm from 'great guy' and on, by the way. Except the 'once is enough' bit is true.)

On another note, he said something about controlling the internet being imperative to intellectual property.

Haven't watched a lot and really won't be arsed to watch the rest. I can't stomach more wool over people's eyes and them believing it. I'm planning on waiting til the end of his address and this (hopefully this) topic explodes so I can get the real time gist from the ATS'ers. Right now, I listen to him and all I hear is that Charlie Brown Teacher Voice.

wah wahhh wah waaaaaah wah wahhhhh. I hope you know what I mean xD

But as Obama said, he mentions that internet control is imperative to intellectual property: to some wee tiny aspect YES. But not 2000000000000000000000% of the net. Like someone on here stated else where a little few days back, the reason some people pirate things on line is because they either don't want to pay for something OR they can not afford it and may seriously need it (say it's photoshop cs5 for school and you can NOT afford it, even with the student discount of 600 bucks; you gotta have the program for school, right? And that free 30 day trial is fine and all, but school last time I checked is 3 to 6 years. LOL gotta do something about getting it so you can pass and get a decent job once you graduate). Take away piracy and those who didn't want to pay for it or can't afford it STILL won't be buying it. People won't be all, "Well this site is down so now i MUST buy this."

Nope.

They just will do without and the companies won't be making any more money than they did before. Probably less. I know MANY gamers for example who won't shell out 60 bucks for a new game til they torrent it and try it first to make sure it's worth that money. If it is, they buy the real deal cuz you can do far more with a real deal than a torrented copy (modding the game, get updates, etc). Or that movie. Maybe you want to buy it on dvd but aint sure how good it is. So you check it out first via torrent and then opt to buy it or ditch it for a potential waste of money.

If one can't check something out first (and it applies more to programs or games; how many were PISSSSSSSSSSSSED they wasted all that money on Vista when those who torrented to try first saw how crappy it was and therefore didn't waste the money? I think corps RELY on us blindly buying, and either liking or hating and having to return it (derp, we get the full money back if it's returned in a certain time frame or NOT so it's like a NO sale anyway).

____

And come ON. Jobs overseas should be tax exempt?
How about us 79% of the population (or is that 99%?) who are unemployed and desperately seeking work talk to you? Tell you how much those overseas jobs are REALLY helping us out. I haven't seen a single POSITIVE thing hit this Country since jobs went overseas. Shame. You took from our plates to feed your minorities plates. (*minority being those in the United Rich Sector of America: aka Congress, Senate, HoR, etc). Sure the over seas jobs pay 30 cents a day and we.. I mean you get the profits when it's sold for 100 bucks. $99.70 made per item. Gee golly gawsh, pa, wish I could see a little of that. What good is overseas jobs doing for US, the people?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
A billionaire who pays 15% in taxes pays over 150 million in taxes

now who pays more.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I just started watching it a few minutes ago, but so far I am actually very positively surprised, at least by his statements about taxation and deficit.

So far so good!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Oh so liberals get to applaud and conservatives do not get to.

That's hypocrisy aint it great to be king.

The state of the union more lies can't stand that guy or that party cause here it is in a nutshell the gist of it.

Government created the problems so we need more Government to fix them how about no Government for a change.

How about intelligent government for a change?

'Cause so often your political friends use your chant to get as stupid as possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A billionaire whom uses his riches to manipulate the congress in favor of tax codes and business regulations that allow him to do as he pleases should have his feet held to the fire.

Thats does not mean we have to raise taxes, but make the playing field level for everyone!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
A billionaire who pays 15% in taxes pays over 150 million in taxes

now who pays more. [/quote

Ya and who gets 150 million dollars in Tax deductions?

Urrrr

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Good to see your still fighting for your boy Outkast...Do you like everything he is saying thus far?

Yep....I am enjoying this State of the Union very much.

In an economy like this...I don't know how the Republican nominees are going to compete against Obama when he is pushing out solutions that will directly benefit the working class while the Republicans are still just talking about giving corporations and the rich more tax breaks....including Ron Paul.

link   
Did you guys just hear
this pay your fair share?

So to keep companies from
leaving the US they will not give them a tax break when they do.
So lets just tax the people who
run those same companies who need to pay there fair share (*the rich*)
more...

edit on 24-1-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

link   
I mean I see his mouth moving but nothings coming out.

link   
Send a bill banning insider trading in Congress.. and I will sign it tomorrow..

He knows that isn't going to happen with this Congress, next year hopefully....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Good to see your still fighting for your boy Outkast...Do you like everything he is saying thus far?

Yep....I am enjoying this State of the Union very much.

In an economy like this...I don't know how the Republican nominees are going to compete against Obama when he is pushing out solutions that will directly benefit the working class while the Republicans are still just talking about giving corporations and the rich more tax breaks....including Ron Paul.

If you would just make billionaires pay zero in taxes everything will be great!

link   
I think I'm going to label this as Obama's "Shoulda Speach".

"We should....".
"We should....".
"We should....".

link   
"Can you blame THEM for being synical"
"Currossive influance on money and politics"
"Ban insider trading"

Is it just me, or do his audiance look displeased?
edit on 24/1/2012 by shauny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I have heard more solutions with specifics in this speech than I have in all GOP debates put together.

And yes, being an incumbant has it's perks...deal with it.

Obama Will Do NOTHING . The Man is a Consumate Liar . He does not Speak to the American Peoiple , he Speaks Down to them . An Arrogant Egotist with someone elses Agenda . He should have been Impeached right after the Lybian Fiasco ................

link   
Out of everything he has said so far I really hope that the Buffet Rule becomes law first and fast.

link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Sorry that dog doesn't hunt for the simple fact that is why they have swiss bank accounts and cayman island accounts.

Attack them and the move more wealth offshore which is what they have been doing for the last 20 years.

link   

Originally posted by Brandon88
I mean I see his mouth moving but nothings coming out.

There is a button on your TV that says volume, press the one on the right.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
A billionaire owes his money in a larger percentage to the infrastructure than does a middle-class person. Without the roads, bridges, rail, etc, none of that product is moving. I use basically two roads every day, about 12 miles-worth. A billionaire and all of his subsidiaries uses hundreds of thousands of miles every single day. Built by the government. They are rich thanks to the creating brought about by our government, and they must pay their share. And their share is far more than 15%.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join