It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Give The State of The Union Address!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Glad he finally spoke about the pink elephant in the room: the fact that technology is going to continue to replace humans in the workplace, meaning people are going to have be smarter ( get higher education)

Another thing I heard frequently in this speech was how he is going to require Americans to be more responsible going forward.

Hopefully this means

Population Control
Not spending money on child-support agencies searching for men who have chosen not to be fathers ( this forces women to be responsible)
Not rewarding welfare recipients who continue to have more children while on welfare with extra benefits

to name a few.....these may appear radical, but they are real solutions to not only our deficit, but the productivity of our nation.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Checked to see if anyone else has mentioned this

but...

I agree with the new mandate about enforcing children to wait until they turn 18 to drop out or graduate.

I love it!

How will this work with No Child Left Behind? Are teachers going to pas children along even more than they already are?

Why on earth would you support this? Governments can't make kids learn, can't motivate them and can't make parents all of a sudden become better than they were. My older children graduated because of parenting and motivation, not because the government told them they didn't have a choice. What would we do with those who don't listen? Put them in jail?

LESS mandates, please.
As far as No Child Left Behind--get rid of it.

edit on 24-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by CoherentlyConfused because: (no reason given)

link   
I dont believe that Obama or any of the GOP candidates could fix this country over the next 4 year... Each of them has their own agenda, and the damage that's already been done is too severe..... Its going to take multiple (2-3) terms to get this country back on track....

link   
My favorite part of the speech was when Obama was bragging about getting Bin Laden (eliciting rave applause from the audience), BUT then the camera cut to a shot of a group of military bigwigs and not a single one of them was standing or clapping. It's hard to resist the temptation to infer anything from that.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by mastahunta

What's my point?

Government created lobbyists.

Shrink the power of Government and it's instrusiveness there will not be a need for them.

Lobbyists are not funded with tax payer money, they are funded with private money
and dues.

Can you honestly tell us at what point lobbying will die off due to your "solution"?

You can't because it only addresses a small part of the system.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
So BUSH'S Budget director gave the rebuttal?

That is fricking rich that that fool would tell anyone, anything about budgetary
matters

It is like Hitler giving a speech about humanist theory

edit on 24-1-2012 by mastahunta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Is that what you call it?

Home improvement like Tim Allens Tool time where he burns the set down.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

His information is skewed, if you never worked and are disabled you get right under $700 a month, plus medicaid and food stamps. Its called ssi

If his parents are only receiving $800 a month on full blown social security then they have always lived in poverty as social security is based on what you have earned your entire life. Its called ssa

Im not going to mention his family anymore, It can be viewed as disrespectful, but it is also a clear example of supporting a political party that doesn't support ones best interest.

I think the speech was awesome and its nice to hear good news and a since of hope coming from Washington for a change. Oh and its also refreshing after hearing the republicans and there speeches with there debates, to hear some one that relates to average Americans and there hopes and dreams, and of issues with clear common since solutions.

edit on 24-1-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When are you going to look past the end of your gas mask?

Sure, Obama is not the answer, but neither is the Republican establishment as it is!

We need to look for a real answer and quit perpetuating the left vs. right BS that keeps us stuck in a one-track state of mind.
edit on 24-1-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

heh heh Even with "Date night" in the seating arrangement, we can tell only half of the attendees approved his message, and it's not hard to know who approves and who doesn't.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Get ready for Obama 2.0!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Are you kidding me?

Your just as much partisan as i am the difference is i don't care.

They have earned my contempt never before in this nation's history are Americans more stupid more broke and more dependent upon Government than any time in its history.
edit on 24-1-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Are you talking about Bush and Wallstreet?

Obama is the next Episode where the Set is being reconstructed!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yes...and that is what everyone else calls it too who isn't ignoring facts.

Things take time...Bush tanked us...and we are slowly but surely climbing out of the pit.

link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Get ready for Obama 2.0!

Dude the skateboard has hooked me

I hope he wears his turban and chairman Mao pin at the first debate against Jabba the Newt

link   

reply to post by sheepslayer247

Are you kidding me?

You just as much partisan as i am the difference is i don't care.

I am partisan only towards my personal beliefs. I hold no favor to party or politician. I support Ron Paul, but you just spend your time bashing all things "leftist". You care not for fact or common sense.

So the real question is.....are you kidding yourself?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Things take time...Bush tanked us...and we are slowly but surely climbing out of the pit.

When did this happen?

I guess I didn't get the memo.

(The climbing out of the pit I mean)
edit on 24-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I forgot the favorite scapegoats blame the dude who was there for a few years instead of the people who were their decades and made policy like Senators Frank and Dodd.

The "crisis" was manufactured by the left simple fact because Frank and Dodd controlled Fanny and Freddy.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

The real issue here is that govt takes your money from you forcibly while you are young and energetic and puts you at their mercy when you are old and frail. During all those years, the Fed keeps printing money and the value of the dollar goes down and inflation goes up.
It is a sickening thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
It's so funny that people just seem to forget that Bush did the bank bailouts...not Obama.

So.. What was the billions in stimulus packages that Obama forced through then??

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join