It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What can we do besides complaining on the Net?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
unemployment stories

99% tumblr

huffing post article on poverty

I'm angry about my own situation. But I'll tell you what: I know how to forage and scrounge and make a fire and fish and hunt. I'm not great at them, but I'm okay. I know enough to where I could maybe get by if I had to. But what about all these other people? What about all these people that aren't as young or healthy or lucky enough to have been taught any of that?

I'm angry about my situation; I'm furious about the people who are "up the creek without a paddle" and can't do much to help themselves.

I read these stories, and...this is wrong; it just plain is. There's got to be something that can be done about this besides just whining on the Internet. Some kind of action that can be put into place. The only problem is that I can't think of a single thing that can be done that is actually legal. Any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I don't know, I wish there was an easy answer.

It appears we have been worked into a corner.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Nice dog looks like a lab mix ,i got a black lab

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

But even a cornered mouse will fight to survive, even though it knows it will die?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

Of course, except that I am not a mouse, I am a man.

I don't have much, but what I do have is going to have to pried from my cold, dead, angry hands. Including something as seemingly simple (lol alliteration, I'm becoming a rebellious dr seuss) as my dog, I'll die before anyone takes it from me.
edit on 24-1-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Educate people. Spread the word about problems plaguing this country, from government corruption to the Federal Reserve. Pass out flyers, go door to door, host town hall meetings or rent out a hotel ballroom to give speeches and presentations, do everything you can.

I just read a great quote which is applicable:

"The flowering of human society depends on two factors; the intellectual power of outstanding men to conceive sound, social and economic theories and the ability of these or other men to make these ideas palatable to the majority"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Keep plugging away on the net. Knowledge is power. Unfortunately there are far to many people out there that don't want the knowledge. They choose to "bury their head in the sand". That might prove to be very detrimental to everyone. So what you can do is use every tool in your arsenal to gain this knowledge. Then impart that knowledge to as many people as possible. Facebook, Twitter, or any type of social media where you'll be able to reach multiple people.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
You have to start with the media. As soon as a movement gets rolling, its the media that judges whether to take it serious or not. Then the masses obey.

Figure out how to use the media against the puppeteer. Don't have a clue how but I think that is where you would need to start.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
You have to start with the media. As soon as a movement gets rolling, its the media that judges whether to take it serious or not. Then the masses obey.

Figure out how to use the media against the puppeteer. Don't have a clue how but I think that is where you would need to start.

that has been tried before and FAILED

those who have tried have either been labled conspiracy theorists, and nut jobs...which is counter intuitive because if you are trying to expose something the last thing you wanna be labeled is a "nut job"

and finally those who have been too close to finding out something...get silenced

there is nothing any of us can do to get attention that wouldnt require violence

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
You can complain on Wall Street!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Isnt it convenient for TPTB that we have such an outlet (the internet) which makes most people think they are doing something, while all we do is learn more and more about how we are helpless?

Im all for education. Read all you can, research.

But the OP is right, we need a real way to physically change our situation. Im hoping somebody out there on this vast internet can come up with it.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Mr. Confusion, reporting for duty.

I feel creative and would like to tackle the problem, but I don't know what the problem is, or rather, I don't know what the goal is.

In the thread so far I've seen the desire to:

1) Help the poor survive with food, shelter, etc.
2) Teach about the corruption in government, and the Federal Reserve.
3) Build a movement using the media.
4) Protest with OWS

So, what result are we trying to achieve?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
For the faint hearted of the crowd, your only option is civil disobedience. Now this can take many forms, but I would think the one thing that would get the most attention would be to take over abandoned buildings. Use them for shelters, and if large enough, communities. There are a ton of old factories and other commercial buildings that would suffice at providing shelter for a large number of people.

You also have to "opt out" of the system. This means not paying taxes, not owning property, etc. We need to either:

A. Get violent and reclaim our freedom by force.
B. Opt out of the system, thereby denying TPTB the ability to control us.

These are the two options. A subset of society, and underground civilization if you will, that trades amongst themselves and denies the government the ability to enforce it's will on them would do wonders to effect change. We all know money is what drives the machine. Without it they are powerless. If you truly want to change things, then you have to start thinking like a survivalist. With the amount of homeless in this country, it should not be very difficult for someone to organize an effort to bring these people together as an underground community and start taking over these abandoned sites. If you are in the western states, there are enough "ghost" towns that could be used as well. Use your head and do the one thing they fear the most. A society that ignores them and refuses to participate in the scheme.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Write your local and federal reps.

It's fun to collect form letter replies that emphasize how insignificant your opinion is.

Helps to anger up the blood.

The last one I did was great. I wrote in support of carry reciprocity. Got back a form letter saying rep XXXX values my support and will fight to repeal Obamacare.

I used it for target practice.
edit on 25-1-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

top topics

join