It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crony Capitalism Of Washington and Wall Street - Bill Moyers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

First I for one am glad to see Moyers back. Yes he could be considered a liberal, but I think he brings more truth than opinion, and this is an example. He criticizes Obama here and provides some good excerpts to support his notion. But I don't think this is an Obama ambush, but rather an examination of some history behind crony capitalism, which seems to be for members only.

spec

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I can't believe this hasn't gotten any replies yet. This perfectly outlines what is wrong with our system and why you can't just blame our issues under the blanket blame of "capitalism". I hear too many people around me blaming the principles of free markets for the mess we're in when it is clearly the banks financing the government in return for the government financing the banks. In a reversal of that famous saying, blame the players not the game

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Only 2 flags for a new Bill Moyers?
People need to get wise to who he is and what he's done.
I thought younger people might remember his interview with economist William Black who was the first to really blow the lid off wall street corruption.
Sorry Spec. this thread deserves much more attention.
I can't think of a more important subject either.

Lol, I DO remember Stockman and laughing at the trickle down economic nonsense the Reagan campaign was talking and how badly it failed to "kick start" the economy. To his credit Stockman learned from his mistakes, something nobody in government does anymore.

S&F

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
fantastic video and it does hit the proverbial nail on the head. until we get money out of politics nothing will change which begs the question why hasn't this issue been given top priority at Washington?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Thanks Mkoll, I too thought this was an excellent piece of investigative reporting, straight to the issue. I hope it gets more exposure too.

spec

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Hey there friend, thanks for chiming in and yea, Moyers is probably my all-time favorite journalist. I am 40 something and have enjoyed his frank sensibility for decades. I just love when we run across little bits like this vid that encapsulate a situation so well. Now, what to do about it? It seems cronyism is just part of the game, and I don't know how to address it except with more regulations. Not full on regulation, but hell we have to have some accountability.
I missed the Black interview, but will dig it up and check it out. But yes I am glad to see Moyers back.
Here ya go:

Peace,
spec

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

why hasn't this issue been given top priority at Washington?

I think because too many stand to gain something from these relationships, and too many have their fingers in the pie, so to say. I too hope something can be done, and at the very least journalists like Moyers are bringing truth to the public.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

new topics

top topics

join