It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its 2012...And Out Come The Crazies!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by GoldenRuled

And what evidence would that be. The only reason anybody was worried about 2012 to begin with was due to the Mayans. However, if one actually looks into what the Mayans said they placed no emphasis on the date and they have no prophecies associated with it. So, why should anyone buy into these "prophecies" that have been shoehorned into 2012 when the very reason people cared about 2012 in the first place isn't true?

The mayans are the most well known despite the spaniards destroying over 80% of their records. To them, it's not a prophecy but a repeating almanac. Ancient texts starting from the sumarians, the egyptians, the asian pacific, north american indians(hopi, cherokee, navajo to start). The point is, you have the same images from different cultures from across the globe all dating back several thousands years. I am a christian. Some believe to pursue these stories as a sin. I don't see it like that. I see that you could create a whole new world from what we don't know. I see these predicted( or documented from repeated ancient past events) events all could play together to bring about the worst parts of the Holy Bibles Book of Revelations. Christian beliefs aside, 1 would be a fool to discount this just from the vast distances these duplicate stories have originated.
edit on 25-1-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Humans pride their knowledge. The accumulated knowledge of humans represents about one trillianth of what could be known. On top of that humans tend to discard old knowledge when new perceptions come out. This means we basicly know nothing but think we do. Sounds a little dangerous to me. I'm glad I'm a mouse

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

It's starting to get tiring saying the same thing over and over again. The belief that the Long Count is cyclical comes exclusively from the Popol Vuh. This is a post-Columbian text that was heavily influenced by Christian missionaries. If one looks back at monuments from the Classic period no such belief is mentioned anywhere. In fact there is only one mention of 13.0.0.0.0 from the Classic period and any examples of Long Counts we have from the Classic period go beyond 13.0.0.0.0. Then there's the fact that Long Counts such as the one found at Coba completely disprove the fact that the Long Count was cyclical.

As for these other cultures, I will issue my challenge. Bring me proof that these other cultures placed an emphasis on 2012. I'm not asking simply for links to New Age sites that say they do. I want the actual text of their prophecies that mention 2012 (or whatever it would be in their timekeeping system). So far no one has been able to provide a response to this challenge. I even have a thread up right now making the challenge and none of the responses provide the information I'm looking for. In fact I'll give you my other challenge as well. So, if you want to prove your claim that any civilizations placed an emphasis on 2012 here is the information that is required:

1. Find an example of the Long Count that ends after 13.0.0.0.0.
2. Find copies of prophecies from other civilizations that mention 2012.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Well, the existance of the soul and the existance of life after death is the only hypothesis that correlates with the evidence at hand.

Therefore the evidence points to the existance of a soul and some sort of afterlife.

There's no way around it except questioning the evidence.. if so, on what grounds.. people have been experiencing these things since the dawn of time, now there's evidence for it.

I think the answer to the question is quite obvious.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I resent that ,I was called crazy long before this year.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I don't really know anyone that isn't a little crazy in one way or another. I can't even find any evidence that there is one completely sane individual on this planet. I see the Mayan writings as an indicator of a cycle of astrology which they used to create a calander. There is reference to something changing sometimes soon but I do not see anything that forsees any doom. I am also not sure if we are reading their callender right. There may be some crumbling of the economies around the world by those who have allowed risk takers to work with their moneys, and an uprising of regular people who will be required to pay for this idiocracy being allowed to happen. As if this hasn't happened before within as little as a hundred years and many times throughout history. I guess they should have made history a five year study in school so this sort of thing wouldn't be reemerging. This economy thing does not appear to be related at all to the Mayan writings. The Mayans could not have known we would mess up our environment to weaken our atmosphere either. I know their empire crumbled for some reason, and this reason may be well hidden from us but I think something may show up. They couldn't predict their own demise so I would not count on their prediction of doom even if it really existed anyway. This Mayan 2012 doomsday Hype is not a part of my type of crazyness

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by ANOK

Well, the existance of the soul and the existance of life after death is the only hypothesis that correlates with the evidence at hand.

That only means we don't have all the evidence.

Therefore the evidence points to the existance of a soul and some sort of afterlife.

I disagree, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We are just not aware enough of human biology yet to claim absence of evidence of a biological reason means there is an afterlife.

There's no way around it except questioning the evidence.. if so, on what grounds.. people have been experiencing these things since the dawn of time, now there's evidence for it.

I think the answer to the question is quite obvious.

Again we don't know enough about what the brain does during the dying process to make this claim. The brain may appear to be brain dead, defined as an absence of oxygen, but we can't know for sure that something is not still going on. Maybe the NDE experience all happens extremely quickly, maybe even instantly, but in memory it seems longer.

Sorry but there is not enough evidence either way imo.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
reply to post by ANOK

That only means we don't have all the evidence.

I disagree, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We are just not aware enough of human biology yet to claim absence of evidence of a biological reason means there is an afterlife.

Well, this is not a case of absence of evidence, this is a case WITH evidence FOR the existance of the soul, people observing objective reality when out of their body, then later confirming the information they gathered.

There's literally hundreds of cases, and thousands of people worldwide experiencing this, all throughout history.

There's no evidence against it as far as I know.
Only evidence for it.. you can't discount that by saying absence of evidence against it isn't evidence of absence of evidence against it.

This is how the scientific method works, and the model explaining all the evidence is one incorporating the soul and an afterlife. It's the top candidate explaining the phenomena, meaning it's the leading hypothesis, if not theory.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515
Since the start of january, I couldnt help but notice a great influx of religiously oriented videos revolving around the topic of 2012 on the internet. I don't know when the connection between chrisianity and the ancient mayan callendar was made, but judging from the sheer amount of comments on some of these videos from people claiming to be "prophets" -Its big, its messy and it sounds like people are just making stuff up and filling in the blanks with their own religious dogma, giving us this:

From the uploader:
Yes the satanic realm is real and we both know if we are not following and obeying YAHUSHUA/JESUS CHRIST there is no protection from occult, hybred demons, or anything to do with the satanic realm. 2012 will be interesting year, protection for the Holy, and Doom to many enemies of GOD.

From the uploader:
The galatic federation is not someone to be trusted. Only people who follow and worship YAHUSHUA/JESUS CHRIST are to be trusted; I don't understand much about shapeshifting other than it is demons manifesting in people in a different way. I really haven't taken the time to pray what shape shifting is,only its of satan. don't turn to orgone to get rid of demons or UFO its more hybred demonic stuff only the blood of YAHUSHUA and name of YAHUSHUA can save you. Beware of Gaga lies also.

AND PEOPLE ARE BUYING INTO IT!
Hundreds of videos just like it, both from this source and countless others...all with blind followers who will believe just about anything they're told...This will be a bloody year for humanity if anything out the ordinary DOES happen, people will be grasping to 'prophets' like this one and either holding a glass of cyanide for themselves or a gun for others.

The answer lies in what we call, "opportunity!" As soon as a wiff of fear or immenent destruction is seen on the horizon, be it in the form of the ancient plagues of Europe, or the Mayan prophecies, Christians and other religious groups jump to sell their beliefs on the back of fear and tragedy. It is what lawyers refer to as "ambulance chasing!"

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
They've been out since the dawn of time!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join