It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its 2012...And Out Come The Crazies!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Y2K was man made. 2012 have some scientific facts to it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by viraltony

It's kinda funny. If god did come and was displeased with things and said he was going to destroy everyone, most people would think he was the devil and try to kill him. Then they'de go on praying to the same god they just killed. That sounds about right doesn't it?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Or it could be a collective ego self contained?

Hey, I resemble that remark.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Magnetic energy, storms can effect the human brain.
Some people might correlate this to a 'spiritual' event.
In that case, be prepared for the crazies to be more apparent
due to the upcoming solar storms.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My prediction? Watch for more and more people to connect 2012 with christianity and prophesy. Then when nothing happens at the end of the year, the world has a group to blame.

I believe in Jesus, and I believe in prophesy, but nowhere does it mention 2012. It does however mention persecution of believers in Christ during the latter days.

So how does a society which was based on the bible and its teaching make such a 180 turn?

One way could be to give the crazies an event to hype, people to fearmonger, and a specific date. Market it as an event predicted by ancient cultures, throw in some scientific realities about black holes, solar cycles, and natural global climate shift. Get enough people to buy in to this so called "apocalypse", get enough people who dont believe in anything to believe in something, then when it doesnt happen....

Well, then you have a culture ripe for a scapegoat. And christianity is looking like it might fit that bill.

If something happens and Im wrong, so what. Im human, Im no prophet.
But if something doesnt happen, dont be fooled. Im pretty certain this hype wasnt created by accident.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Magnetic energy, storms can effect the human brain.
Some people might correlate this to a 'spiritual' event.
In that case, be prepared for the crazies to be more apparent
due to the upcoming solar storms.

Just another reason to construct a tin foil hat.

Mine is double layered just to be sure

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Like I said...If anything out the ordinary does occur this year, the whole population will go into survival mode and do anything no matter how outrageous to stay alive.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sorgmodig

Some atheists are just as bigoted and myopic as religious fundamentalists to some of us that have had experiences confirming a spiritual reality.

I understand not believing it without proof though, a lot of atheists won't even give it a second thought though, that's sad.. especially considering all the confirmed cases of NDE's, out of body experiences - cases proving the gathering of information through extrasensory perception.

I'm glad I'm not an atheist, in my opinion the world-view is hollow, dreary and nihilistic.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLaughingGod
especially considering all the confirmed cases of NDE's, out of body experiences - cases proving the gathering of information through extrasensory perception.

How can you confirm an NDE?

Seriously no one knows if NDE's are real, or if they are just the mind playing tricks on you during the dying process. If drugs can make you hallucinate, I would imagine dying would.

In fact scientists agree it's just the brain running out of oxygen...

Near-death experiences 'explained': Scientists believe it's the last gasp of a dying brain

Personal belief and opinion is not fact. I'm not saying the science is either, just that their is no proof either way, no confirmed cases.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Originally posted by Jordan River
Or it could be a collective ego self contained?

Hey, I resemble that remark.

That is why I said it, not saying this person is a or is not a loon. I find her ramblings intriguing and reminiscent of greek oracles, is that a bad thing or a good thing? even at the end of the day you dont "want" to believe, you can always take a piece of knowledge from of it, belief or not all logical people always assets between the two extremes and flow through the middle path.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Transcranial magnetic stimulation requires thousands of times more gauss than that put out by even your strongest solar flare.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Alyssa
I regret not making money off those crazy 2012 people

Just proclaim yourself a prophet, make a video and upload to youtube.....

Then join ATS and start gathering your flock....God knows there's enough of them here now....just wait ...we'll get flooded with them....We'll have a flock of the second coming of Jesus joining, ET channelers, ET himself....

ATS will have to make a new forum just for them.

Actually i've said that before. We really should create a 'UFO lore role play' forum for all the celestial beings, indigo children and friends of majestic 12. They could have a right old party and give the rest of us a break.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

Since the start of january, I couldnt help but notice a great influx of religiously oriented videos revolving around the topic of 2012 on the internet.

Are you new to the internet in general? These videos have been around for a long long time now.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

You haven't looked enough then, there's tons of evidence.

www.near-death.com...

And if you dismiss this then that just goes to show you how biased materialists can be.

I love it when atheists and materialists act all high and mighty.. there's some of us that are just as smirky with our superior attitude just because we have seen things.. and we don't just think we're right, we KNOW we are.

Deniers always brings a smile to my face, and them being condescending towards people that are closer to the truth than they are always makes me laugh.

Pitiful humans...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I just typed 2012 into Google and got " About 25,220,000,000 results (0.20 seconds) "
25 billion. Over 3 for every person on Earth.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

"Transcranial magnetic stimulation requires thousands of times more gauss than that put out by even your strongest solar flare."
It's the influence created by the reverberation of earths fields that causes the problems with people. There are a half a dozen or more studies done on this subject including even how it affects the stock market. The addition, alteration, or removal of any frequency has an unpredictable effect on people. I can't say you're statement is incorrect but it is not pertinant to the reason the people get irrational sometimes during solar activity. I can go on and on, the effect of solar flares on societies has been recorded for thousands of years but people had no way to test what was actually happening till recently. Having satelites out in space and modern equipment helps scientists understand what's really happening.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

"2012" typed into google also includes every entry made on the net in 2012. There's a lot of people that have entered data in January.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

As well as the skeptics that will go to the grave in denial despite the evidence presented them. Best to sit back and watch.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

And what evidence would that be. The only reason anybody was worried about 2012 to begin with was due to the Mayans. However, if one actually looks into what the Mayans said they placed no emphasis on the date and they have no prophecies associated with it. So, why should anyone buy into these "prophecies" that have been shoehorned into 2012 when the very reason people cared about 2012 in the first place isn't true?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

I just don't think we know enough about the Human brain, and consciousness, to fully conclude what the NDE experience actually is.

I know you really want to believe there is life after death, but although some NDE's, if they're even true, are hard to explain with our present understanding it doesn't mean life after death is the only explanation. In time our understanding might change, so until we know more I will keep my mind open.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join