It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ADHD PSA funny/offensive/stupid YOU DECIDE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have ADHD, and I am still somewhat scratching my head at this. Obviously it is trying to say "pay attention" I believe. I laughed pretty hard at first, then I started thinking, "really". Is my diagonsis that stereotyped? Is this stupid?

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Those were so funny!. Parody at its finest. Nothing to scratch your head over. They were just sci-fi influenced spoofs of everyday PSA tv commercials.

Nowhere does it mention ADHD on the youtube page from what I could see. Not sure how you made that connection. Thanks for posting these. I needed the giggle.
edit on 24-1-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Jordan River

The second one was funny. Thanks for posting.

link   
I don't see where any of these have anything to do with ADHD.

As far as making fun of PSAs, I think they're just in bad taste.
edit on 24-1-2012 by N3k9Ni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They were funny, but I guess I don't really get the in-joke.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
@ the end of each one, when it has the words, it says Adhd in the bottom square I believe.
Phone screen so it's small

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I don't get it I guess. Like you said, it's a head scratcher there. Yea, "pay attention" what I don't get is why adhd needs commercials and what the motivation of these commercials is?

Are they saying people with adhd have adhd? It really doesn't make any sense to me why these commercials even exist? Is it someone just trying to be funny and not actual adhd commercials, just some spoof?

Is it just supposed to be about awareness? for what purpose? Its not like you catch adhd from someone else or that you can avoid having adhd from doing something. It all just seems very pointless.

I don't find the jokes very funny either, saying they were hard to "get" would be the nicest thing I could say. I don't think they were offensive or anything, just not funny.

These seem to be more about not being aware of your surroundings, I thought adhd was more about problems focusing not ignoring things around you?

edit on 24-1-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Of course they're jokes..."National ADHD Council"?....Puhleeze.

About 10 years ago my son repeated a joke I had told him, and the school was so upset that they told me he ADHD.
What a bunch of CRAP!!!!

We now have a brainless and medicated society with young people that simply need more exercise, more parental support, more guidance, and less frickin video games!

I think the videos in the OP are Awesome! They show how stupid the diagnosis of ADHD really is.

THE Cure for ADHD...
1. Turn off your Ipod, your Xbox, your facebook, and shut off the damn TV!
2. Then go out and split a cord of wood with an axe!
3. Repeat everyday.
4. Watch ADHD go bye-bye. (you also won't be a fat slob)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NiteNGale2

It says "Adhd Council A public service anounncement" at the end of each clip.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think ADHD is a lazy diagnosis. I have nothing of substance to back that up at the moment, but it probably wouldn't take a lot of googling to find some. In my opinion it's an excuse for lazy parenting and lazy doctoring. Both my younger brothers were diagnosed with ADHD, but they both took up attention-demanding hobbies and it soon disappeared.

It is odd how it went completely undiagnosed for many centuries, though....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Hilarious insofar as comedic value goes.

...."oh, I'm sorry - I'm on the phone".

Still fail to see a meaningful connection between ADHD and community awareness/interaction though

...(damn robots).

ETA

Is my diagonsis that stereotyped?

...and no, I don't believe this is seen as steroetypical - if anything, people in general are a little cynical about the convenient label of ADHD that the medical profession chooses to attach to a set of behavioural traits.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Perhaps because: to add

top topics

join