It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's up with the New Topics Section?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hey ATS, there is something wrong with the New Topic section (at least for me there is). It states that the last thread posted was 8 minutes ago and called Massive Solar Storm hurdles towards Earth. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Nope, yours is at the top of the list.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Mine is just like it stalled on the threads created hours ago.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I did have an issue a week or more ago. New Topics was frozen for about 2 hours for me. Every fifth reload or so I would get the current topics, but when the page would auto-refresh it would go back to hours before.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

I remember an issue like that too.

But for today, it seems to be working for now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
same here all the time i have to close the browser then open agin,when i pres refresh it still comes up with threads that are old,but when i close the browser window then open agin in a new one its sorted out,i thought it was this comp.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I've experienced the same problems. I hope it is something that will be fixed, because it is very annoying. Sometimes the New Topic section takes forever to refresh too.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Yup I have the same thing

It doesn't load the news feed sometimes and it sticks in time or something.

On my Mobile and my Mac.

edit on 24/1/12 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's been happening to me ever since I signed up.

Wish it could be fixed.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Hey ATS, there is something wrong with the New Topic section (at least for me there is). It states that the last thread posted was 8 minutes ago and called Massive Solar Storm hurdles towards Earth. Is anyone else experiencing these problems?

Often experience the same - it seems to update/refresh at irregular intervals...??

....I find REAL TIME ATS Activity a more consistant source for thread activity.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
same here all the time i have to close the browser then open agin,when i pres refresh it still comes up with threads that are old,but when i close the browser window then open agin in a new one its sorted out,i thought it was this comp.

I had a rant on that a two weeks ago. to refresh the topic page you usually have to exit the site and come back. However, when away from that page for a very long time, sometimes it refreshes on its own when you go back, but yet threads you are sticking with will refresh fine with clicking refresh, the New Topic page won't necessarily.

You can test it out when you go back to the New Topics page and the same thread is still at the top, quickly close out the site and immediately open it again and you sometimes will find several new threads.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

same when i post a thread when i look its not there until i close the browser and go back on to,this has been like this for me for around two months now

new topics

top topics

join