It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Military conducting massive training exercise in the streets of Los Angeles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Didn't see this posted anywhere. I'm still looking for other sources on this story. If it's true, it would appear to be a preparation as well as getting 'us used to seeing them around. Interesting times ahead.
offgridsurvival.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

good point, maybe they are training, in a "city" enviroment, around residential houses, and everyday people, for something thats yet to come...or happen?

times like this, it makes me happy to live 30 miles away from the everglades

if "FIT HITS THE SHAN" im heading for the swamps! you better believe that

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
That is weird.
Glad I live in the boonies and I can go further into the boonies if I have to.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
one more reason not to live in l.a.

then again will anyone even notice ? not the brightest crayons in the box in l.a.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I like how you can go from the original article that say it will be joint training at few sites to the next web site that for no other reason then drama adds on the word Massive. Now giving us the illusion of a massive military exercise through out LA.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This reminds me of that LA ufo movie, not battlefield earth.... i forgot the name, pretty new

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Dear Hillbilly123069,

CBS Los Angeles - LAPD: Joint Military Drills In Downtown LA Won’t Disrupt Public’s ‘Daily Routines’

Interestingly enough, I didn't read it in the LA Times or the LA Daily News. The article is obscure and no specifics are given. By the way I live in L.A. Peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Nothing like being familiar with the area when the start rounding up all the 'enemy combatants.'

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenRuled
Nothing like being familiar with the area when the start rounding up all the 'enemy combatants.'

Dear GoldenRuled,

If they round up anyone in LA, it will no doubt be members of the Mexican Cartels that are shooting up Mexico. Not long ago members of the LAPD gang unit were caught selling guns to gang members. While I would not justify using the military within our nations boundaries, I don't think most people would care if they were used to go after foreign gang members. Things like the use of the military within the US for police actions to be accepted would need to be aimed at people who have no general support within the US. Baby steps are how we lose rights. Peace.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They never cease to amaze me. Guilty consciences I suppose?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The KFI AM 640 (L.A.) morning show had a story on it yesterday morning.

Good urban training.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

By the way I live in L.A. Peace.

Could you try and get some pictures of this for us please??

They don't have to be pro-quality or anything, just something representative of what's going on there!!!

Thanks man! Be safe and peace!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weavty1

Dear weavyty1,

I have no way of getting any pictures, these drills are not open to the public. I personally work downtown and have not seen one thing; however, this is not surprising as it said these are being conducted at night and not within the view of the public. I find that strange to tell you the truth, how do you have urban drills if nobody sees you in the urban areas. Personally, I think it is a lie and that the real intent is to arrest Mexican cartel members that operate out of the US. I do hope I am wrong; but, a great way to introduce the use of military forces for civilian enforcement. If I do in fact see anything I will post a picture if I can. Peace.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
That's great, thanks for the info man. I'll stay vigilant and keep an eye out on the interwebs, and the mass media.

If you say it's happening at night on Thursday, perhaps it could start in a couple hours?! Being that'll technically be 'Thursday' and all..

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
To be expected.

Once we bomb Iran, China may very well have us pushed back from the Pacific all the way back to the streets of Los Angeles.

Hope none of you have relatives west of California out in the Pacific region.

new topics

top topics

join