It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Soros on the Coming U.S. Class War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
www.thedailybeast.com...

Sitting in his 33rd-floor corner office high above Seventh Avenue in New York, preparing for his trip to Davos, he is more concerned with surviving than staying rich. “At times like these, survival is the most important thing,” he says, peering through his owlish glasses and brushing wisps of gray hair off his forehead. He doesn’t just mean it’s time to protect your assets. He means it’s time to stave off disaster. As he sees it, the world faces one of the most dangerous periods of modern history—a period of “evil.” Europe is confronting a descent into chaos and conflict. In America he predicts riots on the streets that will lead to a brutal clampdown that will dramatically curtail civil liberties. The global economic system could even collapse altogether.

“I am not here to cheer you up. The situation is about as serious and difficult as I’ve experienced in my career,” Soros tells Newsweek. “We are facing an extremely difficult time, comparable in many ways to the 1930s, the Great Depression. We are facing now a general retrenchment in the developed world, which threatens to put us in a decade of more stagnation, or worse. The best-case scenario is a deflationary environment. The worst-case scenario is a collapse of the financial system.”

So, there you have it. He says that the coming battle will be in the streets, but it's going to be much worse than we've seen so far. It also seems as though we're moving from a recession into a depression. I've been wondering when this was going to happen. The media has done everything to avoid using the word depression, but I believe it's unavoidable at this point. The great and powerful Oz, er, Soros, has spoken.

What do you think, folks? I have a feeling that the brown stuff is moving towards fan blades as we speak.
I also wouldn't be surprised if Soros waged a bet on the date this was going to happen either. I'd also like to add that I find it very significant that his office is on the 33rd floor of the building.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

The worst-case scenario is a collapse of the financial system.

I disagree. The worst case would be the continuation of this travesty and the complete enslavement of all of mankind.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I believe he's speaking about the slaves rising up against their masters.
Who do you think he's placed his money on?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

Since he is a "master", I would say that is pretty self evident. If we do not stand up soon though, we may never be able to.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
He causes these uprisings to profit from them, if you think he is doing because he "cares" you are sadly mistaken.....if he could make money off the FEMA camps (he probably is) he would make sure we all end up in there. From what I can see of his past actions, he doesn't profit from "freedom" That's my paranoid warning for today.....good luck.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yes. We need to stand up and that is a no brainer at this point.

Just be aware that up is down and down is up.

Soros is very gifted in double speak:

“Unrestrained competition can drive people into actions that they would otherwise regret. The tragedy of our current situation is the unintended consequence of imperfect understanding. A lot of the evil in the world is actually not intentional. A lot of people in the financial system did a lot of damage without intending to.”

They want us confused. The above statement is meant to deflect blame. He wants you to believe that it was all just one big mistake, yet says that people were driven to do the wrong thing. How can it be both? If someone did something because they wanted to win a competition, how can it be a conscious decision and an unknowable mistake at the same time? It can't. It's impossible.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

FEMA Camps indeed!
From the article:

Soros’s warning is based as much on his own extraordinary personal history as on his gut instinct for market booms and busts. “I did survive a personally much more threatening situation, so it is emotional, as well as rational,” he acknowledges. Soros was just 13 when Nazi soldiers invaded and occupied his native Hungary in March 1944. In only eight weeks, almost half a million Hungarian Jews were deported, many to Auschwitz. He saw bodies of Jews, and the Christians who helped them, swinging from lampposts, their skulls crushed. He survived, thanks to his father, Tivadar, who managed to secure false identities for his family. Later, he watched as Russian forces ousted the Nazis and a new totalitarian ideology, communism, replaced fascism. As life got tougher during the postwar Soviet occupation, Soros managed to emigrate, first to London, then to New York.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

His money is on all three sides.

The winners and losers always end up in debt !!

And the corporate carpetbaggers always make money after the fun.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

If he's got a brain in his skull, he's betting on the slaves. Because what's really happened, I think, is that the people at the tippety top have had their puppets get too far gone with greed and insanity. The puppets got too spoiled to money and power and introduced too much instability and chaos into the system.

How many times has this happened through history? I mean, really? The people at the tippety top, the ones with the real control, cut and run when things get too bad and leave the suckers in the upper echelons to take the heat.

And it's just as good for them that such things happen because they can retain their power and status while other people take the rap for them, the people return things to a more even keel, and they start the process of grooming puppets again.

Biggest thing about letting these puppets fail, though, is that when the puppets get this far out of control, it's best to just let them go. Because, push come to shove, they get too spoiled and high and mighty and they start to get feisty and start to bite the hand that feeds them.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I don't believe Soros is a puppet. I think he's one of the puppet masters pulling the strings.
I think he has every base covered and he's going to get out of New York before the action starts.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Where has Soros been for past 70 yrs..coming class war ????

I think the working class has been fighting for crumbs for decades, fighting this trickle down BS.

Oh he means the middle class that is just now feeling the squeeze, well screw them, they didn't give a flying fart for anyone else but themselves anyways.

Bring it on.

I know the title says US class war, but actually this is about the whole western system of exploitation IMHO.

Cosmic..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Celente has been talking about class warfare for the last couple of years. The way I see it, Soros can't play ignorant anymore and is forced to agree with him at this point. I don't think we've seen anything yet and it's going to get even uglier. Especially since the Postal Office just announced that they're cutting over 250,000 jobs, many more lower level government offices will also be cutting jobs as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Well, that's kind of my point. I think he's a puppet master, and that's why I think he's got his money on the slaves.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I usually agree with your posts when I see them on other threads, so I won't discount your opinion here.
He probably does have his money on the slaves. I just hope he's not making bets on how many are thrown in jail or killed.

"Round and round she goes! The NDAA is looking for foes!"

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
He sees it to work out 2 ways ..He knows stuff we don't ..He knows we know stuff he wished we didn't ..What if a fight broke out and nobody showed up?

He creates and feeds both sides of the fight only hoping to swoop in and pick up the pieces to present a new to us ...hey check out this little nugget of mr soros wattsupwiththat.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
He saw Jews and Christians hanging from lampposts in the street - then should KNOW better then to start calling people EVIL or bringing the whole concept of good and evil into this.

THAT is low folks - that shows how little he is to be trusted.

Yes, he talks about the riots in the streets with glee, because he helps fund them.

That the situation is severe right now and that it brings huge opportunity for gain and loss - you can believe that, but that's all we can believe from that lowlife.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

That's right.
From the article:

As anger rises, riots on the streets of American cities are inevitable. “Yes, yes, yes,” he says, almost gleefully. The response to the unrest could be more damaging than the violence itself.It will be an excuse for cracking down and using strong-arm tactics to maintain law and order, which, carried to an extreme, could bring about a repressive political system, a society where individual liberty is much more constrained, which would be a break with the tradition of the United States.”

He's telling us right here in the part I've bolded what's going to happen.
He subscribes to the ideology of order out of chaos.

We can't lose. If we do, the shackles will be tighter and heavier.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh stop! All of you stop!!

Obviously Soros is just trying to profit from fear. He is now saying a lot of the same things Gerald Celente has been saying for years and we all know Gerald Celente is just a fear monger who profits from selling fear as well.

/sarcasm

Buckle up folks, it is going to be one hell of a ride.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

I think you have it right. He can successfully 'predict' violent uprisings because he intends to create them by any means necessary. In fact take a long hard look at his funding of the Occupy Wall Street movement. He started this! Kalle Lasn was funded by Soros!

What a hypocrite this man is. What he should really be worrying about is the eventual and certain justice he will soon be receiving from the man upstairs.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

I don't believe Soros is a puppet. I think he's one of the puppet masters pulling the strings.
I think he has every base covered and he's going to get out of New York before the action starts.

I'm with you on that one. However, he'll leave after carefully planting the seeds to suggest we all get violent and rise up.

You know at the turn of 1897 the world economy went bust. And again in 1913, I believe. That's when Europe practically emptied out and came over to the US. I remain optimistic that some alphabets will arrest your Congress and clean house. Hey a person has to have hope. Let whatever happens in Europe stay in Europe. Somehow we will get through this. Our people have been there and somehow made it through.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join