It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know of any free e-books/pdf's on how to start up a small manufacturing business (DIY)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
Are you asking how to start a business?

Create a corporation that intends to make a profit. Pay taxes when you make those profits.

Do you have a chunk of money to sink into the whole ordeal?
You put capital into your business in return for shares in the company. You would own all the shares. Or you own half and your partner owns half. Now start spending the money.

You make stuff and sell it.
Pay a payroll to the employees (you and your partner and people you hire).
Pay payroll tax.
Get a gumball machine in the lobby.

What exactly do you need to know?

Thanks. At what point do you migrate from a "hobby" testing the market waters with the new product, to moving from mostly hand made units to machinery that automates, and moving out of the garage into business space, etc. I don't want to put the cart before the horse, or investing so much money only to find that although its a kick ass product, only a few are interested, thus losing my investment, etc. Hope that makes sense... thanks again!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Those questions need to be answered by somebody familiar with the product, and the intended market audience.
I am guessing you and your friend have some special interest in a hobby or activity that has brought you to the point of recognizing a need for some type of new product or some type of improvement.
How many do you think you can sell?
Is the market already a very large market?
Are you going to appeal to a billion customers or only a few hundred?
Is the thing you want to sell going to cost $1, $10 or $1000?
Are you improving something that already exists?
Are you making a new style and you want to sell a new brand?
This is hard to discuss without knowing the product. Have you invented a new method of making thumb tacks or is this an automobile air intake for the gearheads?

new topics

<< 1   >>

join