It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychics Say Apollo 16 Astronauts Found Alien Ship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Any 'remote viewer' can test their skill and earn a cool million dollars by proving it. James Radi one Million dollar paranormal challange.

To date, no one has passed the preliminary tests.

SO why hasn't anyone claimed the prize?

Because its a bunch of crapola.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I always found this to be... real.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Yes, I think it is possible, but there are definately more hoaxers than genuines out there.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread re this which is now closed

Give an infinite number of psychics an infinte amount of time to draw an infinite amount of pictures and one of those pictures MIGHT resemble what you asked about.

Sorry could not resist that a play on the infinte amount of monkeys at typewriters.

Derren Brown in the UK did a test with a supposed very good remote viewer and of course he was RUBBISH!

The videos were on youtube but are down due to copyright!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
SO why hasn't anyone claimed the prize?
Because its a bunch of crapola.

To be fair, from my understanding of remote viewing, the effect is very subtle, small, and weak, and we haven't yet figured out a way to enhance it. "Statistically significant," but not always consistent, and certainly not useful. It's not that much different than the effect a prescription medicine might produce when it's first discovered and before it's been refined.

But James Randi always thinks in terms of magic acts and circus performances. He's not so much interested in whether or not the effect is real, which has to be determined by long, boring, scientific study. He's just interested in showing how clever he is by exposing delusional people and fakers no one with any sense would believe, anyway. If he has a million dollars to give away, why doesn't he fund a decent scientific study? It wouldn't even cost that much.

So asking a remote viewer to ascertain what's been sealed in the pickle jar on Funk and Wagnall's porch since last Tuesday is a little disingenuous to begin with. And the fact that he has already declared himself opposed to the theory automatically makes the objectivity of the test questionable. As he has proven in the past, a magician can also slyly make things NOT happen.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Yes its as real as Apollo 20, I especially like the detail transition from :48 to :51 into the Youtube.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
REMOTE VIEWING THE MOON by Remote Viewer Aaron C. Hanson:
thepropheticlight.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join