It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HEADS UP! Prediction in "The Conspiracy Theory" movie: 4/23/12

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
For many of us conspiratory freaks, the conspiracies movie par excellence is "Conspiracy Theory", starred in 1997 by a then untarnished Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts. The movie is about a taxi driver that was MK ULTRAed by the CIA, who sees conspiracies everywhere and is paranoid to the point of keeping under lock and key even the food he eats in his refrigerator. Besides reaching the number 1 spot when realeased to general audiences, this movie brought to mainstream America conspiracies that were theretofore confined to the culutral fringes of society.

Now to get into topic, there is a climatic moment in the movie when Jerry Fletcher (the character played by Mel Gibson) takes Alice (Julia Roberts) to his apartment, and has an emotional collapse when questioned about the many copies he has of "The Catcher in the Rye". In the middle of his breakdown, he suddenly remembers the combination to open the coffee container in his fridge:4-23-12. Immediately afterwards, his apartment is bombed and before fleeing, Jerry finishes to torch it up himself.

Here is the video of this scene in the movie (you can fast forward to the 0:45 minute mark if you want to skip the boring introduction):

You will have to agree that this number bears all resemblance with a date. It is quite significant, also, that upon uttering it, something catastrophic happens.

Now here's the interest bit. If you, dear reader, are a frequent visitor to this site, you must be familiar with the theory that big history-turning events must first be announced by the elites beforehand, exactly as 9/11 was predicted years before the attacks happened in several media outlets (this "Simpsons" episode springs to mind).

In this order of ideas, what if we are being told of a major event to happen next 23rd of April, 2012?

An attack on Iran, perhaps? Another attack on the US? The end of the world, maybe?

I'm just putting this out there to see what you guys make of it.

Just remember, if something does happen on that date, you read it here first!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
One question.

If everything comes in advance, how do "the elites" know which one of the thousands of dvds or hundreds of thousands of TV time slots on hundreds of channels that will carry that exact tidbit of information?

Sorry to kill the theory, but until someone presents the code cracking key........it goes to the BS bin.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
i think this has been posted before , and i remember saying that the 23rd of april is my birthday
and that makes it double special

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

As conspiracy theories go, the "disclosure rules" are hidden to us mere mortals, yet the signs are still there for us to pick.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I remember a site that had a lot, and I mean a lot, of 9-11 coincidences in Hollyweird movies enough in fact to make me feel a bit unnerved into thinking this way. The fact that there were not as many people in those buildings as there normally would be. That maybe there was either a subconscious synchronicity of that date or it was planned.

But since hindsight is 20/20 they can only be coincidences as this warned no one and logically what would be the point of putting out those dates usually so quickly the conscious mind does not pick up on them (uh…hmm yeah, I know...subconscious…).

So here I challenge you...find more 4-23-2012 in any media and I will believe it.[/b]

Otherwise it is like seeing that the movie Godzilla is playing at a downtown theater while Ferris Bueller sings danke schoen, then later the same actor Mathew Brodrick stars in the move Godzilla…did that predict the future? 1986 Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986) flip an 86 to...98 Godzilla) LOL

Or was it a cool, crazy coincidence that nobody saw but me

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Good eye, Op!

This being one of my favorite movies, I'll be keeping my wits about me on this date.

The reason behind the elite's use of movies to disclose their plans, as I understand it, is to keep karma at bay. As far as I've heard, if they are planning on killing a bunch of people, they "tell" the people before hand to protect themselves from receiving any negative consequences that would've ricocheted as a result of their actions.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

I have often thought this too...What if you missed the "Elite" meeting when they said watch these 5 movies this year and you will know the plan...you would be just as well off as the rest of us! And what if one of those movies had Justin Beiber in it?

YIKES
edit on 24-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
What we need to do is find out if there are any ancient rituals, be they Pagan or whatever, that coincide with this date. The elite have a habit of scheduling their "sacrifices" on these days.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Aptil 23rd is St. George's Day
secure.wikimedia.org...

St George's Day is celebrated by the several nations, kingdoms, countries, and cities of which Saint George is the patron saint. St George's Day is celebrated on 23 April, the traditionally accepted date of Saint George's death in AD 303. For Eastern Orthodox Churches who use the Julian calendar, 23 April corresponds to 6 May on the civil calendar.

As Easter often falls close to St George's Day, the church celebration of the feast may be moved from 23 April. In 2011 and 2014, the Anglican and Catholic calendars celebrate St George's Day on the first Monday after Easter Week (2 May and 28 April, respectively).[1][2][3] Similarly, the Eastern Orthodox celebration of the feast moves accordingly to the first Monday after Easter or, as it is else called, to the Monday of Bright Week.

Hmm. Bright Week? Is this symbolic of Illumination of Easter?

Also, it seems as though it's significant for a global celebration of religion:

Countries that celebrate St George's Day include England, Canada, Croatia, Portugal, Cyprus, Greece, Georgia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Republic of Macedonia. Cities include Moscow in Russia, Genova in Italy, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Beirut in Lebanon, Qormi and Victoria in Malta and many others. It is also celebrated in the old kingdoms and counties of the Crown of Aragon in Spain—Aragon, Catalonia, Valencia, and Majorca

A woodcut print of St George
St George's Day is known as the Feast of Saint George by Palestinians and is celebrated in the Monastery of Saint George in al-Khader, near Bethlehem. It is also known as Georgemas.[4]

edit on 24-1-2012 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Nice thread. Honestly, though, do you think if it were real, they'd risk every person in America seeing it and connecting the dots?

Our government may be stupid, but it isn't retarded.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

What? "His dramatic change in appearance" "The dramatic change in music"

Are you kidding me he's an actor...they act...they change their emotions on a dime and music is suppose to steer you a certain way...it's a movie about conspiracy theories...am i missing something?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
all part of the cosmic joker's master plan, or are some people's precognitive abilities better than others.
either way I won't be changing my routine on that date.

William Shakespeares birthdate, although I don't predict his return from the dead

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

easy a quick google search shows you 4-23-13 Today in Jewish History Construction of Second Temple Begins (370 BCE) Have not even finished looking through the other things that happened on 4-23 or other relations.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

....and i remember saying that the 23rd of april is my birthday and that makes it double special....

NO, it's "triple" special, because the 22nd is my birthday, and that means I win!! Yay!

Also, if I use the International Date Line as my time zone, I can just keep it going and going....and take away all of your birthday gifts! Heh, heh......unless you use the Date Line.....uh, oh. Hey don't get no ideas, you!

(shakes fist menacingly!...)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Exactly!! This is a movie about conspiracy theories, so what better occasion to throw in the next clue of future dreadful future events, or at least make conspiracy theorists run amock!

Consider this:

Most of the previous 35 minutes of the movie lead to the point to which he breaks down and suddenly remembers the numbers to open the coffee container.

Now, every single piece of information in a movie, every dialogue, every prop, every color, etc. was specifically meant to be there.

If you watch the clip carefully, you'll agree that the whole dramatic sequence could have finished when he explains Julia Roberts that he needs to buy the Catcher in the Rye books. Him remembering the combination to the lock, is irrelevant to the plot of the movie, yet the producers and the director specifically included those extra 10 seconds that add nothing extra to the movie.

Why is that? Why those specific numbers, in that order?

The more I think about it, the more I believe there might be something significant to this date.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Or it could just be that all combination locks need three numbers to form the combination of numbers that will open the lock. Could have just as easily been 12-31-18. Thats the combination of my first locker in junior highschool back in 1970 ! Locker number 814 I swear. I dont know why this stuck with me it just did. Just like MI1-0592. My first phone number.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
St. George Day (april 23) commemorating St George the Dragon Slayer. This is the Chinese Year of the Dragon. Interesting...

www.newadvent.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Some people take all the fun out of conspiracies.

That high pitched background music in that clip hurts my ears....bad.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I know, that's why I suggested skipping to the 0:45 mark. Anyway, what's your opinion on this matter?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
April 23rd is a national holiday in England, (St George's Day)
www.stgeorgesholiday.com...

History of St George
www.stgeorgesholiday.com...
edit on 25-1-2012 by Nana2 because: to add the history

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join