It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steal from the poor, to feed the wealthy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Mods feel free to move if in the wrong forum.
For the first time in a long time i bought a newspaper today, nothing of any interest was found within except a story about British members of Parliment complaining that the cost of beer has gone up in the houses of parliment bar to £2.60 a pint. The rest of Britain has to pay over £3.00 at least for a pint of beer or lager. They went on to complain about the cost of a rib eye steak meal..........£7.90!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do they pay so little for food and alcohol?
Because the British taxpayer subsidises the restaurant within the Houses of Parliment!
I would like to gauge other peoples reaction to this, British and from abroad, just to see if im the only one who thinks this is outrageous. There are people in this country who struggle to buy the basic "luxuries", bread, milk etc. and yet these fat cats can gorge themselves and rib eye steak, salmon, cheap beer because WE are paying for it. I honestly think this country needs a revolution, we need to start again with a government selected from the people, by the people, for the people. The selfish morons we have in power at present are nothing short of criminals, stealing from the poor, they care nothing of the common man or woman, only about their own standard of living. They feel that their position exists to put them on a better footing than everyone else, they think they are superior. Their positions should only exist for the betterment of the country as a whole, not as a dodge to normal living costs. First we found out we were paying for their second homes, now we find out we are paying for them to eat better than the majority of us do. I for one think this is deplorable and its about time we did something about it.
Call to arms anyone?
Fawkes had the right idea, its a damn shame he didnt succeed!!
Peace to all.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

I think you're right in believing that people in power can get used to luxuries thay needn't pay for, and accept them as their right. They can also suffer from a mentality that leads them to believe they are a special type of person. Somehow "above," better, more moral, wiser, than the rest of mankind. That is really dangerous.

I don't know the price of food in England but I'll use your example of beer. You say the base price is more than 3 pounds, maybe 3 and 20? If the MP's get it for 2 and 60, that's a little less than a 20% discount. I don't know, I don't think I'd riot over that, but I don't know your situation.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by shinzaun

I think people world wide are opening there eyes to the blatant injustice happening all around them.

Heaven forbid that they have to pay what the rest of the peasants have to pay.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thankyou for taking the time to read the thread and respond, i agree that 20% (although it differs depending upon area but i reckon that pints in a pub in the same area as Westminster would be closer to £3.85 - £4.00) is no reason to riot, but the principle is a very strong reason to give the so called elite a wake up call.
Again thanks for your input.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I just hope its not too little too late. The thing we have to avoid at all costs is violence. That would cast doubt instantly over any cause, justified or otherwise.
Thanks for your post.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by shinzaun
Fawkes had the right idea, its a damn shame he didnt succeed!!
If only....

"Call to arms"
I seriously believe they would nuke us.

We gotta get some sensible people elected...dont see any though. I'd happily be pm but there would be a LOT LESS people in the country by the time I'd finished

new topics

top topics

join