It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Marine sells President Obama's letter on eBay to meet expenses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Posted this here as it seemed a better fit for discussion than the other forum. This is really quite sad, but very telling of what has to be done these days for people to pay their bills. Hope this got to Obama......

Former Marine sells President Obama's letter on eBay to meet expenses

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I am glad that he got as much as he did, for his sake.

I wouldn't have paid five bucks for it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Oh please..
This has nothing to do with needing the money and everything to do with criticizing Obama.

Let me ask you guys this. If you've ever seen hard financial times and decided to part with either an heirloom or an item of deep, intrinsic value....did you call Fox News first?

Yeah...didn't think so

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Someone probably wanted it so they could throw it back in Obama's face when his economic plans fail even more so than they are now. I am happy he got that much as well. Truly irony at its best here.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
Oh please..
This has nothing to do with needing the money and everything to do with criticizing Obama.

Let me ask you guys this. If you've ever seen hard financial times and decided to part with either an heirloom or an item of deep, intrinsic value....did you call Fox News first?

Yeah...didn't think so

Guess you didn't even read the link then. It was originally from the New York Post. And what makes you think he contacted the paper? The article mentions nothing of that and seems to imply it was found on ebay and was a good story.....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Guess you didn't even read the link then. It was originally from the New York Post. And what makes you think he contacted the paper? The article mentions nothing of that and seems to imply it was found on ebay and was a good story.....

I did. Your link went to Fox News

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I did. Your link went to Fox News

Yep...that's where I read it so that's where I linked it. At the bottom is another link to the NYP for the original story......

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
$2500 for a few letters from the pres huh?

Maybe I should write him with my thoughts in the hopes that he'll write me back so I can sell his letters online like that guy. We can call it the Obama stimulous plan.

Then again, if I were to write a letter to Obama, the only responce I would probably get is a visit from the Secret Service and maybe indefinite detention down in Guantanamo.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh please..

Yeah...didn't think so

haha lots of these kinds on ATS.

This guy just seen something negative about obama.. (i'll take a page from his own book).. "He must be an obama sympathiser" and had to throw in his 2 cents...

lol

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Um.....

Guess you didn't even read the link then. It was originally from the New York Post.

The other person mentioned Fox "news" too.....you are aware that the NYP and Fox are just about two peas in a pod, right??

I you didn't know, just search the Web to learn who owns both of them......

(Hint: Think of that weasel jackass who tapped into peoples' cell phone texts....was in all the news recently.....)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudBird

Um.....

Guess you didn't even read the link then. It was originally from the New York Post.

The other person mentioned Fox "news" too.....you are aware that the NYP and Fox are just about two peas in a pod, right??

I you didn't know, just search the Web to learn who owns both of them......

(Hint: Think of that weasel jackass who tapped into peoples' cell phone texts....was in all the news recently.....)

And.....this has what to do with the original reason for the post on the story? Perfect example of one of the reasons I tend to stay out of politics and religion threads......"everybody has one" comes to mind.

I didn't start this thread to bash news sites. Don't really care who reported it as there really is no "side" to take on this. Just sad that this guy sold a letter hand written to/from Obama about the very reason he sold the letter.....money and financial hardship.

Yes the other guy mentioned Fox as well, but they didn't write the original story. Sounds like you and the other person simply have some political bone to pick with news sites. People can argue about the companies that report the news and completely lose focus of the message. Most times the same story is covered in numerous outlets and each has their own skew on it.....I personally take them all with a grain of salt since there is ALWAYS a political agenda on either side.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
news sites NEED to be bashed more often, in my opinion.

I dont take heed in the site it came from so much as tryin to get the root information to exactly what went on.

Sadly, even the news site you get the info from varies with this information... The most important aspect of news itself.

new topics

top topics

join