It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to UN: Tomorrow will be too late for action against Iran !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ron Prosor, Israel's envoy to the UN, was on a wild tirade at a U.N. Security Council meeting.

Citing many different reasons for the Counsil's failures:

"The Arab world is in flames and the Security Council is dealing with construction permits in Judea and Samaria (the West Bank),"

"The obsession with Israeli and the ignoring of countries where civilians are tortured and killed undermines the credibility and calls into question the relevance of the Security Council,"

"Iran's efforts to develop nuclear weapons represent the greatest threat to peace and security in the world," Prosor said. "The silence of the Security Council will be very costly. You must act today. Tomorrow will be too late."

"The thought of Iran equipped with nuclear weapons should take sleep from the eyes of Security Council member states," Prosor said. "The international community cannot stand by idly while the Ayatollah's regime works to combine extremist ideology with nuclear technology."

He also mentioned rocket fire into Israel:

"But we have still not heard condemnation from the Security Council or the Palestinian Authority," Prosor said.

On UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon's expected upcoming visit to Israel, Prosor said: "I hope that the Secrtary-General's visit will provide a new perspective on the real barriers to peace and security in the region and illuminate the true problems of terror, extremism and incitement in our region."

Published 19:28 24.01.12
Latest update 19:28 24.01.12
Haaretz
Tomorrow will be too late !!

I thought the U.N. was vigorously pursuing these issues ?

Let's circle "Tommorrow" on our calendars shall we

Ron Prosor is also a well known News commentator:

He is a prolific writer and commentator on the Middle East. His articles have appeared in the Daily Telegraph,[2][3][4][5][6][7] The Times,[8] the Sun[9] and The Guardian.[10][11][12] He is also regularly invited to comment in Britain's Jewish press, including the Jewish Chronicle[13] and Jewish News.[14]

He makes regular appearances on BBC Radio 4's 'Today' programme[15] as well as BBC News 24 and Sky News.

Ron Prosor wiki

Is Tommorrow Really Too Late ?

edit on Jan-24-2012 by xuenchen because:

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
fear mongering at it's finest. i mean really north korea has nukes and they don't come more extremist or unsociable than them, yet they haven't nuked anyone.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

"The obsession with Israeli and the ignoring of countries where civilians are tortured and killed undermines the credibility and calls into question the relevance of the Security Council,"

Pot calling the kettle black,
Civilians tortured and killed? I wonder how the Palestinians feel about this hypocrisy.
They have nuclear weapons, but no one else is allowed?
What part of science do politicians not understand?
They want to make reactor fuel, which is their right to do, to provide safe power for their country. I can't wait for a global religion, because the ones we currently have just spawn hate and destruction (see: History ),

edit on 24/1/12 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
More War-Mongering.

Sadly, I still think absolute propaganda will be enough to start another useless war, as a majority of the masses are still asleep. Even if the masses were awake, I don't think we could stop this short of a revolution.

Our worst nightmares will come true if this happens.

The dominoes to fall after an attack on Iran:

China/India/Russia/Pakistan/Syria....what will they think of this attack? I know they have spoken out against it. But will it be enough to start the next "Great War", as we primitive human's like to call them?

I certainly believe so. Let's hope that there is a divine being somewhere on earth that could stop this from happening.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Someone needs to put a muzzle on that rabid dog called Israel. This is what most Americans like myself see when they think of Israel:

edit on 24-1-2012 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Who knows what will happen...Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It's already tomorrow in Israel is it not?

Is it too late yet?

What a load of crap Israel is trying to feed us.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Reminds me of the James Bond movie "Tomorrow Never Comes"

This Tomorrow has been forth coming for the past 10 years.

If Israel wants to remedy the problem with Iran, let them do it.

Don't drag the UN or the US into it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It is irrelevant what Israel says to the security council, there is no way either Russia or China will back any form of military action in Iran, they will use their veto and so the UN can do nothing.

If I was a member of the council (UN security council) I would simply state that when Israel allows inspectors into its facilities, when Israel acknowledges its breeches of UN resolutions, when it stops treating Palestinians in such a bad way, then and ONLY then can they come back and complain, until then STFU

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
For Christ's sake! I am growing tired of Israel's temper-tantrums. The only thing that shuts a bully up is when someone steps up and kicks his a$$. When will the rest of the world governments step up and be that person? Maybe it's time that sanctions were imposed upon Israel for their heinous crimes against humanity.

They run roughshod over international law with no consequences. I, for one, can't wait until someone puts them in their place.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
And why does Israel think they should have a voice in such matters when they have ignored dozens of UN resolutions? Only works when it's in your favor? It doesn't go that way. Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Like what Mahmud said :

Ahmadinejad: Says Iran Does NOT Need Nukes -- Israel Will Self-Destruct !!

Israel is just illegal regime which uses lies to justify massacres and killings.

And all this Madness is because Mahmud once said :

Holocaust is a fraud . Holocaust is not a just reason to kill Palestinians and to take their lands.

Then all nations came to think about the lie kept in the closet.

Since then they are mad at Iran even more.

I hope you get to read this book :

The Emperor's New Clothes

The boy who exposed the emperor did like what Mahmud did and former presidents of Iran were afraid to say.

ETA : I am not a fan of Ahmadinejad , but he is a courage man.
edit on 24/1/12 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Israeli ambassador basically saying ``what we do is nothing, there's worse elsewhere``...

Well gee Israel, that's the same excuse used by war criminal Klaus Barbie who killed 15 000 jews in France at his trial... how ironic.

Vergès (Barbie's lawyer) further argued that Barbie's actions were no worse than the ordinary actions of colonialists worldwide, and that his trial was selective prosecution.

The circle of irony is complete!
edit on 24-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

lol you forgot to post the best part of the article

the comments

looks like prozac is failing at his job just going by the comments on that article

Tomorrow will be too late? WTF? why tomorrow? is it Mammons [or Moloch] birthday today?
will tomorrow will be too late for their holocaust to the above to be accepted, and they'll be coming for a pound of zionist flesh for breach of contract?
lets hope so

reply to post by hmdphantom

ahh! glad to see you've not given up after all

edit on 24-1-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Oh noes!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow, another thread full of anti-Israeli bile

When will you people learn that Israel isn't the root of all evil, and that EVERYBODY is out for themselves. The Middle East in particular is just a chess board for world powers.

Quit the the mindless Israel bashing and try to take a more balanced approach

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Normally I find this rhetoric to be nothing but pointless saber rattling but these crazy extremists from all sides just can't seem to contain themselves. Shame on us humans for allowing this to continue.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It almost appears to be a show of slight weakness on Israel's behalf deriving from impatience due to the lack of action against Iran but, at this point in the game Israel has plenty of cards on the table.

By stressing that the "Arab world is in flames" is kind of like telling your teacher in school that there's someone outside doing graffiti on school property then slapping a kid while the teacher is distracted...

Originally posted by Curio Quit the the mindless Israel bashing and try to take a more balanced approach

I agree it get's way out of hand and too many are too quick to jump on the anti-Israel wagon without the necessary knowledge to make an informed decision but, did you read this? This is ridiculous..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Curio

Quit the the mindless Israel bashing and try to take a more balanced approach

I haven't seen any mindless Israel bashing, but I have seen a well balanced approach in most posts.

Are you one of those people who accuses criticism of Israel as bashing? They have a free pass when it comes to ME affairs and the OP posted an interesting article that illustrates Israel's bloodlust for an attack on Iran based on false intelligence and hidden agendas.

If you find criticism of that to be unbalanced then I would have no choice but to accuse you of being the one who needs balance in their approach.

Iran isn't safe from my criticism either as there are many things I do not agree with in that regime, but they're not the ones itching for WW3 to pop off. Hopefully your next post will have a little more substance than just accusing us of being unbalanced Israel bashers.

The U.S., UK, Canadian, French governments have been loud lately too so they are just as guilty as Israel in all this at the end of the day.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Someone needs to put a muzzle on that rabid dog called Israel.

"That's it Iran, you're in for it now. Someone hold me back, hold me back! ... Actually, can you lot do it for us?"

Rabid dog my arse.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join