It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG !! Extra charge for Black people at Mcdonalds!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

j/k . Viral hoax thought i'd share.

Always wanted to add the OMG to the title lol

What would such implications be , if this was true?

I wonder how many would actually support this measure , i am sure many convenient stores might consider this

considering the rash of flash mob robberies that happened during summer.

Disclaimer :

An internal clue:
The perpetrators of the hoax evidently wanted to make sure it was easily identifiable as such. If you dial the 800-number listed above for the McDonald's Corporation, the party you actually reach is KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken). The companies aren't related.

McDonald's tweeted back:
"That pic is a senseless & ignorant hoax," a McDonald's representative tweeted soon after the image "went viral" on June 12, 2011. "McD's values ALL our customers. Diversity runs deep in our culture on both sides of the counter."

McDonald's official statement:
The company also issued a statement for publication on Mashable.com:

The sign is obviously a hoax. As a company and a brand we have a long and proud history of diversity inclusion across our system on both sides of the counter.

From our management crew, franchisees — across the board, we’re very proud of our record of diversity. This is unfortunately an example of how rumors can outspeed the truth. Over the last 48 hours we’ve been tweeting and striving to clarify that this is a hoax.

urbanlegends.about.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
its not ignorant and senseless its hilarious.

race is only an issue because people make it one.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is old man.... like, soooo last year

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
ahahahaha
the people at World Star Hip Hop must be going mad

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Way to go Cal.....A new low for Americans Talking Smack ...

Way to deny Ignorance !

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nh_ee

Way to deny Ignorance !

someone is a bit uptight.
like i said race is only an issue becausewe make it an issue otherwise it is simple to ignore, and by ignore i mean not even think twice about someones race. i have been called directly to my face and casually to boot (like it was okay) Honkey, by a black man. I am also referred to as white boy quite often. my point is race is moot, we are all primates.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CagliostroTheGreat

Way to deny Ignorance !

someone is a bit uptight.
like i said race is only an issue becausewe make it an issue otherwise it is simple to ignore, and by ignore i mean not even think twice about someones race. i have been called directly to my face and casually to boot (like it was okay) Honkey, by a black man. I am also referred to as white boy quite often. my point is race is moot, we are all primates.

If you have 2 races in one place to study them. One race never does X while the other race always does X. Would that be considered a racial issue?

Google mcdonalds attacks, fights or anything related to violence in such places and or that takes place with multiple suspects and 1 or few victims. If 99% of those videos showed one race always involved... Would it be that the person filming the activity be racist? Or do you think that it's possible that some of these issues are directly related to race by way of poor upbringing from "culturaly shocked" parents.. Or is it even possible that "self intitled" personas tend to come from one race more than another?

No matter how many ways you pick it apart... Blinding yourself from facts doesnt mean you're looking at it from a logical point of view. Some will see it as racist right off and lable it as such without looking at the facts.. Some will see it for what it is and when it's brought up, that person is instantly a racist...

So you know what I say... Let the lil bastards kill each other untill it involves YOUR child.. then, we can look at a fix, but only when everyone opens their eyes.. not just lable makers.

The state of our youth, our cultures, and our races sickens me daily.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Way to deny Ignorance !

lol this is the jokes forum , no need to get so testy .

I think you confused this room for "i didn't get laid last night so i will take out my anger on yourboycal "

or maybe .. i had a real crappy dinner , and i wanna project my anger in something that was meant to be humor

or perhaps you just want my attention ?

if so ... then here i am

now jump

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
This is old man.... like, soooo last year

your face is old and last year

a wise man once said , old is gold. ^^

I'm sure at one point in history such signs were up which set value disabilities to different races ^^

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

So you know what I say... Let the lil bastards kill each other untill it involves YOUR child.. then, we can look at a fix, but only when everyone opens their eyes.. not just lable makers.

yea let them kill each other , and the problem will solve it self lol . Yea i know it sounds great on paper ,

but when empathy kicks in , then the game is in a new light .

if its just ignorance that promotes these "lil bastards" then surley education , mentoring , guiding , enlightenment are just a few of the tools that can help set them back into the proper road , instead of the rocky one which leads to a dead end ...

yea many of them won't listen , or care , but that doesn't mean to give up on em !

yea the state of youth is messed up in society . But alot of it , is what enviroment and ground work the "adults" shaped for those youth to grow up in . Much of our byproducts are a fuel source , (one of many) . We gotta be the change we wanna see , a wise man once said .

End of the day were all humans , with broken ideologies and philosophical views of life that stops us from working together ..

ignorance the silent plantary genocide mech. lol

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourboycal2
reply to post by theRhenn

yea let them kill each other , and the problem will solve it self lol . Yea i know it sounds great on paper ,

yea many of them won't listen , or care , but that doesn't mean to give up on em !

yea the state of youth is messed up in society . But alot of it , is what enviroment and ground work the "adults" shaped for those youth to grow up in . Much of our byproducts are a fuel source , (one of many) . We gotta be the change we wanna see , a wise man once said .

End of the day were all humans , with broken ideologies and philosophical views of life that stops us from working together ..

ignorance the silent plantary genocide mech. lol

Just to make sure you wasnt reading that wrong
It was sort of loose sarcasm. I know the proper way to true freedom is education. If the person doesnt want it, perhaps there are other ways to educate them. If they still do not want it, what choice do we have other than to allow them to just hang out and cause whatever strife they can muster...

Thats the problem. We dont have the means to give people who are begging for a great education, yet, we can give it to minorities who dont really want it (not all minorities). The problem lies with how education is given. This I agree totaly. Ive watched in anger as some people would sit in the classroom (@ University) and act like they dont wanna be there.. Litteraly make noises and sound frustrated because they dont want to be there. Some drop classes after classes just because they dont want to be there. Their tuition is paid for by my tax dollars, yet I cant say or do a damn thing about it.

Now, when these scum hit the streets, turmoil is almost certain.

And yet.. I know some fairly uneducated people with damn good hearts who has "never been given a fair shake in life", yet I know most of their problems come from within.. The motivation.. The parents constantly exclaiming how they would turn out as fodder.. no goods.. in jail.. Often they are correct! Mostly because those messed up parents made their children believe this... And wether they take it to the grave or not, those people will always have that in the back of their heads and they will live with it and it will effect them through out life. I have to deal with this myself. My mother, and I love this woman to death, but she was VERY negative and still is till this day. Never a hope or a prayer, this woman cannot think of happyness ever happening to her because thats how she is, how she was raised, and unfortunatly, raised us the same. Some of us were fortunate, though not all. I have to fight my other brother constantly so he can get off this "life sux" trip.

Maybe it's just personal perception.

top topics

join