It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Air Force's X-37B Space Plane Spying On A Chinese Satellite?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
While the orbital inclinations of the two satellites are very close, the altitudes are not. Because the X-37B is in a lower orbit it is moving faster. It is currently quite far ahead of the space lab and moving farther from it. This is all pointed out in the article in the OP.

X-37B:
Inclination: 42.794°
Perigee height: 329 km
Apogee height: 340 km

Tiangong 1:
Inclination: 42.7839°
Perigee height: 352 km
Apogee height: 366 km

I would also concur that the yellow object is a wheel chock and the hazmat suits would be related to the fuel, which contains hydrazine.

edit on 1/25/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.universetoday.com...

i dont think its a wheel chock,second pic down^^^on that link its on top of the tool box,

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

the yellow thing is a "air sniffer", haven't seen one that big since I was in the Marines. It is used to sniff the air for chemical agents. The newer ones are still yellow but smaller and meant to be held in the palm of your hand.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
This thing looks like it's been around for awhile, as Luke would say "what a hunk of junk". Forget this antique, what do we have in orbit now?

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Go to < www.spaceweather.com/flyover > enter your zip code and look up details for satellite viewing.

The site give time direction elevation and brightness expected.

X-37B will be over Dallas, TX at 6:43AM on the 26th of Jan

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

Well, it did just burn in through the earth's atmosphere from low orbit. But you're right to wonder what's up there now. Ever hear of MISTY and ZIRCONIC? Code-names for National Reconnaissance Office satellites launched in the '90s. Based on the KH-11 Kennan. Thought to be radar invisible and low-reflectivity. Theoretical ground resolution on the Kennan is six inches, not taking into account atmospheric disturbances. If that's what they were launching in the '90s, I'd love to know what's considered current now.

And as for the picture, I'm thinking the object in hand is indeed a wheel chock. Look at the front gear, appears to be the same thing. Same colour, even.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
gizmodo.com...

The answer to the thread title is....Yes.

I don't think that is a wheel chock....she's a detector of some sort. Wheel chocks don't have that little antenna/probe facing forwards....or a fancy carry handle like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join