It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Air Force's X-37B Space Plane Spying On A Chinese Satellite?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

X-37B is up there

www.huffingtonpost.com

The U.S. Air Force's classified X-37B space plane should have returned to Earth in December.
But the top-secret unmanned spacecraft continues to glide along its unusually low orbit nearly one year after it was launched in March 2011, leading Spaceflight magazine to suggest the vehicle is spying on a Chinese spacelab called Tiangong-1, the BBC reports.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Tue Jan 24 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: must have the source title

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Leaving out any conversation about the incredibly fertile ground this story provides in terms of espionage, tech we don't know about, and general black ops, I would say that what is happening in orbit is a really, really cold (absolute zero in fact) war. The X-37B which has received little to no MSM coverage is a pretty astonishing vehicle, a shuttle-lite if you will. Its use as a relatively cheap payload pusher would (will) be incredibly useful to us if we ever really decide to go back to the moon or beyond. But the picture of the guys inspecting it in full HAZMAT suits gives me the creeps.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2012 by kenochs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My NASA satellite fly over app show the X-37, which is pretty
damn funny when you think about it. This secret space plane
is on a schedule I can look up & see passing over.
Not very secret huh?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

But the picture of the guys inspecting it in full HAZMAT suits gives me the creeps.

Makes you wonder what it uses for fuel...dont it.

I too am super curious of the X-37B mission or at least its potential! S&F

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

What's that yellow thing in his hand there ? Looks like a Geiger counter to me...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

hes also carrying a gieger counter/meter

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

www.google.co.uk...,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf .osb&biw=1093&bih=452&wrapid=tlif132743621558910&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=uxEfT_fIL5C2hAeyhaXnDQ beat me to it but thats shur what it looks like.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Oh I see.. it's an orbital nuclear strike platform. Interesting idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I never noticed with the Space Shuttles, but was it S.O.P. to wear self contained Bio Protection Suits when approaching or working on the craft after it landed? I agree it looks like a Geiger Counter in his hand. I wonder if it is nuclear fuel they are concerned about or potentially something else. A vehicle that size could carry many Nuclear Warhead MIRVs. And they could have this thing over any target in a short period of time without any ballistic missile launch warning to the target in question. I am sure there are some people on here that know much more about the normal activity around a returning recoverable space craft that could give me an answer about the need for the suits and potential geiger counter. I guess it could be just radiation from space tthey are concerned contaminated the craft.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

There have been nuclear powered satellites before, and correct me if I am wrong, but taking the weight restrictions of a rocket payload into consideration, wouldn't there be a lack of shielding on such a craft?

So, if that is indeed a geiger counter in the dude's hand, and the x-37 is on the ground with gear down, it is possible the pic was taken after landing, and they were checking radiation levels after it was exposed to something in space.
edit on 24-1-2012 by steppenwolf86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackhatchet

My thoughts exactly....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
dont things flying around in space get more radiation exposure than us mere mortals under our umbrella of atmosphere. Dah!!!
edit on 24-1-2012 by rebellender because: added a word in edge wise

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
intresting thread on same topic.im liking the rods from god idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Hazmat suits are probably because of Hydrazine, which is used for satellite fuel, and the X-37B is basically a satellite with wings.

reply to post by haven123

Or it could be a toxic gas monitor (to monitor for Hydrazine) similar to this picture:
Picture at this Link

edit on 24-1-2012 by LockNLoad because: Added Picture link

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Not very secret huh?

You can track it live here official designation is OTV2

www.n2yo.com...

It IS secret... because no one knows what its doing
Hidden in plain site

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LockNLoad
Hazmat suits are probably because of Hydrazine, which is used for satellite fuel,

Yup this is what it did to cows in Russia from a failed launch...

ALTAI, Russia - Dead cows lie on a cliff, 2000. Locals say that whole herds of cattle and sheep regularly die because rocket fuel poisons the soil.

www.jwz.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by richierich931

Abeverage: This is uh, this is heavy duty, richierich931, this is great. Uh, does it run on regular unleaded gasoline?

richierich93: Unfortunately no, it requires something with a little more kick -- plutonium.

Abeverage: Uh? plutonium, wait a minute, are you telling me that this sucker is nuclear?

richierich93: Hey, hey, keep rolling, keep rolling there. No, no, no! This suckers electrical. But I need a nuclear reaction to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity that I need.

Abeverage: Uh, plutonium, wait a minute, are you telling me that this sucker's
nuclear?

edit on 24-1-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kenochs

Interesting article...

I will feed the conspiracy theory hounds for you -
This thing is in space, low orbit and has been for the last year. How many rockets have the Russians launched, only to have them malfunction / fail?

I would like to see the DoD budget for space operations. My guess is it puts NASA to shame.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenochs

, I would say that what is happening in orbit is a really, really cold (absolute zero in fact) war.

Maybe thats what all those crashing satalites were about awhile ago. Maybe we were shooting down there satalites, and they were shooting down ours. hmmmm...so many possibilities.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Yellow thing looks like a wheel chock...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join