It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative to money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hello ATS'ers

Just want to rant a little bit about things I can't believe humanity puts up with! Most, if not all of it, boils down to money.

Especially in the world today!

I honestly believe that there is NO better way to hold back the advancement of a race than to create classes. I truly believe that we would be MUCH better off if we didn't live in a monetary system. Things would still get done. At least things that needed to be done, like planting and caring for crops, building housing, harvesting resources, etc.

If a world like that existed, everyone would have everything they required, and/or wanted. If you put your time in, you would be entitled to anything you wanted. If someone wanted to learn about a topic or research something, there wouldn't be a problem. Resources would be there for everyone to access. So long as you put your fair share of time into the things that needed to be done. There would be no crime, because there would be no need. Crime today is mostly based around money. I think that if someone tried to be lazy, and attempt some sort of crime, that people wouldn't stand for it because there would be no reason for it.

I honestly believe there is plenty of room on our little sphere of life for our current population to live like kings! Every last one of us. Who is to say that the most intelligent person alive today is not starving in Africa.

I'm very bad at getting my point across. But I think no one should suffer based on where they happen to be born. I am so sick of the corruption, and needless killing in the world. How are people okay with living like this? Honestly HOW IS IT OKAY??

Sorry if I make no sense, but something needs to be done. People just seem to be okay with everything because they are too busy living pay to pay, and thinking of ways to take advantage of others!

I expect to be torn apart and I'm okay with that, but I think the way we live is honestly despicable!
edit on 24-1-2012 by Rhodin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Personally, I like bartering.

I would not mind trading some ammo for a bag or two of groceries.
I asked my local Kroger but they did not seem to think it was a good idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
As I see it fiat money is satans stronghold on the world. Fiat system is banned by God, for good reason. The web of debt has entangled most all nations on Earth for a handfull of exceptions. There time will come.
Thing is you can't print value forever. There is an end to the system. We may just live to see it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

please make a video of your attempt!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhodin

I agree 100% with what you have said and have said it myself for a few years.

Most people when I say something like this to them pretty much snicker. There is also the usual how would you get everyone to do something and not just sit around being lazy.

It's like this you live in a community and help each other with everything. All we truly need is food, housing, and family. We have gotten so used to this and that yet everything we have would still be there minus all the crime.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You may want to read up on Anarchosyndicalism. It is the superior world that you are describing.

I agree with you 100%. I also know that we may arrive in that world, the world will split into 2 groups, the capitalists, and the anarchosyndicalists, who will live as you describe. The two groups may live in peace, but the odds are that the capitalists will feel threatened by the mini-utopia and annihalate it.

If they don't, then by all means, lets build this new world! (Incidentally, its called a commune)

Have you considered joining a commune? Little by little, as long as people are willing to join, the movement is growing.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
OMG How naive some people have become.
The barter system is flawed and out dated! We would be living back in the stone age if this happened.
Monetary wealth and value strives us to work hard and make progress.

While I believe the banking system is a f-ing joke and needs to be culled,but not for a barter system no way in hell.

Go join the Amish my friend,I dont work hard to trade chickens for sheep.
edit on 25-1-2012 by muSSang because: No reason

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I'm no expert, but I think the reason some countries are poor is because those countries have bad governments. Businesses need a stable lawful environment to reduce investment risk. Protecting private property, enforcing contracts, stable currency, keeping peace - those things are what make the difference. IMHO. Maybe a single world currency would help. The Euro has forced Greece's government to be more responsible.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I know the way things are run now seems like a good idea! You need someone to enforce and monitor, but the corruption has just run rampant and the world is now run by gangs/mobsters. I think it's ridiculous. And even more ridiculous is people don't seem to care. I don't know what would be a better way, but people born into a certain class having to deal with that while others are born into a royal family or having a certain bloodline has a good life regardless of what they think, feel, or do.

Like I said I don't have the answers (which is why this is in rant) I just know that things are not RIGHT. I also know that things will never change. I just honestly believe we can live exponentially better.... ...if that makes sense. I also feel that if one single person is starving to death in the world, then we fail as a civilization (worldwide).

Now I'm not poor, but I'm far from being rich and have no ambition to strive, living my life, for the almighty dollar. I also get irritated by TV, and ads asking for money to give clean water to starving countries. When that same money just happens to fill someones pockets. If they don't have the knowledge to purify water themselves after X number of years of help ( since I was a child, and however many years before that ) then what the hell has been going on?

Like I said, I just wanted to rant about the crap that happens.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Reply to muSSang

First off, I am not talking about bartering, I never once said anything about trading! There would be no need to trade for stuff. If you wanted something, then have it. If we needed more of something, then we as a collective would manufacture more of that thing. And why would you think stone age? I think we would be further along than we are now. There wouldn't be truth and ideas withheld the way there are now. Monetary wealth BEGS for corruption!

Again, just my thoughts.

edit on 26-1-2012 by Rhodin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

edit on 26-1-2012 by Rhodin because: (no reason given)

top topics

join