It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yawning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
So, im not going to go into depth about this because it's pretty crazy.

Yawning = agreeing with one's own, or another's thought, based off our intuitive judgment. I can't tell you how many times ive thought "Hmm, i bet she want's to sit in a different position" referring to my friend's Dog. She'll yawn, and then 5 seconds later readjust her seating.

Im not going to give the hundreds upon hundreds of occurrences that would somewhat suggest this hypothesis, but i will say that when i mentioned it in a car full of people, everyone yawned at the same time, except for me.

*As an aside, because stating this as an absolute obviously yielded staunch absolute responses in denial, this is only a HYPOTHESIS and is meant to be tested by you, yourselves, if you feel like doing so.

edit on 24-1-2012 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I yawned from reading the thread title.
Can you provide more substance to back your claim/hypothesis?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
"So, im not going to go into depth about this because it's pretty crazy. "

Well if your too lazy to go into depth , . then i'm to lazy to give you a proper response and give you this

www.world-science.net...

news.discovery.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xacto

Yawning = agreeing with one's own, or another's thought, based off our intuitive judgment.

Im not going to give the hundreds upon hundreds of occurrences that would somewhat suggest this hypothesis, but i will say that when i mentioned it in a car full of people, everyone yawned at the same time, except for me.

Yawning is what now?

A yawn is a reflex of simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath. Pandiculation is the act of yawning and stretching simultaneously.[1] Yawning is commonly associated with tiredness, stress, overwork, lack of stimulation and boredom, though recent studies show it may be linked to the cooling of the brain

We yawn when we are tired or lack oxygen since when did it mean agreeing with ones own , im confused

Yawn, from Old English 'Ginian' and 'Gionian' meaning to "Open the mouth wide, gape,"

you beat me to it yourboycal2

edit on 24-1-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I yawned from reading the thread title.
Can you provide more substance to back your claim/hypothesis?

My spirit guides are telling me to take what has been given for the moment, and to explore this focus on your own terms.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru

Yawning = agreeing with one's own, or another's thought, based off our intuitive judgment.

Yawning is what now?

A yawn is a reflex of simultaneous inhalation of air and stretching of the eardrums, followed by exhalation of breath. Pandiculation is the act of yawning and stretching simultaneously.[1] Yawning is commonly associated with tiredness, stress, overwork, lack of stimulation and boredom, though recent studies show it may be linked to the cooling of the brain

We yawn when we are tired or lack oxygen since when did it mean agreeing with ones own , im confused

Yawn, from Old English 'Ginian' and 'Gionian' meaning to "Open the mouth wide, gape,"

you beat me to it yourboycal2

edit on 24-1-2012 by imnothereru because: (no reason given)

Absolution is a hell of a drug. Yawning can be used for syncronicity.

Oh no what am i saying, of course it's just oxygen. Lol.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
haha I clicked on "new topics" while i was yawning and saw this thread mid-yawn.
they know!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Say what now? i was explaining what a yawn was, and you tell me absolution is a hell of a drug????
Why do i need forgivness please explain

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Some research suggest that yawning indicates social status within a group. Other research indicate that it cools the brain...who knows for sure. I just know that it's contagious as all heck. And fun when friends as susceptible to it's influence

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by xacto

Some research suggest that yawning indicates social status within a group. Other research indicate that it cools the brain...who knows for sure. I just know that it's contagious as all heck. And fun when friends as susceptible to it's influence

All reasonable hypotheses as well! Fun to think and wonder upon the relativity of things.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by imnothereru
reply to post by xacto

Say what now? i was explaining what a yawn was, and you tell me absolution is a hell of a drug????
Why do i need forgivness please explain

Oh! Ok, i see, you were telling ME what a yawn is.

You really don't have a clue, do you?

I dont have a clue??? all you have is a theory, then you tell me i need forgivness because ??? well you never did answer why i needed forgivness

en.wikipedia.org...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

there are a few different theorys on yawning ive never seen one yawn to be agreeing with someone .......been as you dont like answers that disagree with you, i m done with this

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Can everyone excerise a bit of civility and decorum otherwise your post will be actioned.

Stick to the TOPIC and the topic ONLY.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Edited for Not worth mentioning. Hopefully some interest can be shared, as it is obvious some have taken notice.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
A bit of trivia I received from my doctor:
Asthmatics tend to yawn more frequently. Apparently it assists in "catching up" on oxygen in the brain.

I am asthmatic and I do yawn several times per day, tired or not.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I have read that yawning is your higher intelligence telling you to listen to your thoughts.
Another point - Yawning can be contagious - have you noticed when one person yawns others follow

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xacto

Ever think that maybe the poor dog is understimulated and bored? take it for a nice long walk and when the dog comes back inside, ut will just crash, bypassing the yawning.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Yawning = agreeing with one's own, or another's thought, based off our intuitive judgment. I can't tell you how many times ive thought "Hmm, i bet she want's to sit in a different position" referring to my friend's Dog. She'll yawn, and then 5 seconds later readjust her seating.

*As an aside, because stating this as an absolute obviously yielded staunch absolute responses in denial, this is only a HYPOTHESIS and is meant to be tested by you, yourselves, if you feel like doing so.

I think that's a very interesting theory. Science has already uncovered that we yawn, at times, for no reason at all, and that most yawns are triggered by seeing another person yawn, or even hearing someone mention yawning, (or in this case, READING about it).

Could your theory be correct? Sure! OR...it could be that you haven't discovered the vast power you have over your reality. Thinking that people are affirming your sentiments by yawning, may actually be just you exerting your influence on the world around you. A misinterpretation.

I read another theory once....which was WAY out there, but an interesting take none the less...that yawning was a demonic form of communication. In other words, those who yawn are under demonic influence. God, I hope not, because I yawn. But it sounds like the makings of a great horror flick!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I read another theory once....which was WAY out there, but an interesting take none the less...that yawning was a demonic form of communication. In other words, those who yawn are under demonic influence. God, I hope not, because I yawn. But it sounds like the makings of a great horror flick!
reply to post by Gseven

omg i just yawned am i under demonic influence !!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join