It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry gets beat up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
They say he got beat up and face planted in a friendly hockey game. But, I beg to differ. He got an arse whooping.
Maybe someone had a few too many over the x-mas holidays and got into a family battle. Or, he wasn't wearing a helmet.

Look at those shiners.

www.thepostgame.com...

Kerry, 68, suffered two black eyes and a broken nose during a "friendly game of hockey" with family and buddies over the Christmas break, according to TheHill.com. If that's the result of a friendly game, we don't want to be a part of an unfriendly one.

Associated Press

edit on 24-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Still safer than going hunting with Cheney's family.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Maybe, that's why he's smirking.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Might be the worst joke I giggled at all day, and I have reddit open in another tab.

Then again maybe Kerry gets some support out of this, sympathy shiner.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Poor guy ! 68 years old and gets beat up ! so wrong , on so many levels...

perhaps he said vote Ron Paul 2012!!! to the wrong guy ? :p

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

It takes a real man to play hockey.
Good to see Kerry has a pair.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It must be nice to be a Senator with unlimited health care, at the best levels Man has ever seen, 100% free. It really must be bliss for him. I've never seen a man of his advanced age playing a Hockey game where such injuries are possible, if not likely.

Perhaps Kerry is more than meets the eye? lol... Okay, I'm kidding on that part..but the underlying point is valid enough. How many people with snow on the roof will be playing a young man's full contact game (as his face shows..lol)??

Heck... I'm much younger than he is..and I won't even Ice skate, let alone Hockey. Geeze.. Beyond a certain age, falling isn't funny, it's a call to 911...unless you're a U.S. Senator, of course.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Respect for Kerry went up a notch.
Hockey is a rough sport. Gladiators on ice sometimes. pushing 70 though, I think its time he look at less physical sports...rugby perhaps...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow! That doesn't look like much fun to me.

“He must feel like Mitt Romney after South Carolina,” Kerry spokeswoman Whitney Smith told the Boston Globe when confirming the injury.

Source

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I've never seen a man of his advanced age playing a Hockey game where such injuries are possible, if not likely.

How many people with snow on the roof will be playing a young man's full contact game (as his face shows..lol)??

Heck... I'm much younger than he is..and I won't even Ice skate, let alone Hockey.

Well here we have 67 year old Bernie Parent making saves by hitting the ice in the most recent winter classic

BTW Bernie is in the orange and black on the far side of the ice.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron
That there is funny, I don't care who you are!

As a former golden glove boxer I can tell you this: He probably took ONE stray shot from a stick, elbow, or puck right in the nose. It only takes one good shot in the nose (breaking it) to cause two black eyes. So, I would venture to say he did not get his ass whipped, he got hit in the nose and it blacked both eyes. Sorry to deflate the drama, but I am sure that is all that happened.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by satron
That there is funny, I don't care who you are!

As a former golden glove boxer I can tell you this: He probably took ONE stray shot from a stick, elbow, or puck right in the nose. It only takes one good shot in the nose (breaking it) to cause two black eyes. So, I would venture to say he did not get his ass whipped, he got hit in the nose and it blacked both eyes. Sorry to deflate the drama, but I am sure that is all that happened.

Very likely. I don't see him continuing after the first strike. I'd like to see his game face after the first hit.

GRRRRRR

join