It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK jamming IRIB signals from Bahrain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
reply to post by michael1983l

Maybe you should read and comprehend before you go off half cocked, it says British TECHNICIANS, not the government. The title, as misleading as it is, is required to be copied exactly from the source article, which is it.

Touche my friend, maybe you should have read the whole thread and seen my earlier post before you went in half cocked and made yourself to look like an idiot.

Originally posted by michael1983l
One question, why would Britain be doing this out of Barhain. The hotbird cluster is well within the footprint of Britain. I notice they have said British Technicians, that does not mean they have done this on behalf of Britain at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Could they be contractors hired by the British gov't? I mean there is a slight chance the gov't might use contractors so they don't get blamed for doing something they are not "allowed" to do...

-SAP-
edit on 24-1-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
well they now have the first people to disappear into the camps.
we will never know how many.
america is now NO different than China for
taking people off the streets and beating them.

Originally posted by snowspirit
I was watching a political analyst this morning on US news, and she was saying that California has the largest Iranian population in the US. Over 750,000.

I know Vancouver (Canada) also has a very large presence of Iranians.

Any large scale war that the US and or NATO gets into, will be very complicated in this world of global trade, and melting pot types of countries.

It'll get very ugly.

Unfortunately, this seems to be part of the plan of the US taking over the middle east

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is the kind of harassment that sparks popular unrest.

Add to that that the robust propaganda machine that Iran (among just about every other nation) wields on its people and the religious promptings of the predisposed to hate Western "anything" and there is a fire being stoked.

It occurs to me that the 'politically' expedient way to initiate this conflagration is to do everything possible to make Iran carry out the first act that can be described as 'overtly hostile.'

How patient are their leaders I wonder? Not much, I suspect.

There is no doubt that the vultures are circling.....
edit on 24-1-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

How patient are their leaders I wonder? Not much, I suspect.

No , look at 33 years after Islamic Revolution and then you can judge the patience of these people.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
you can watch there TV on the internet.
www.presstv.com/live.html
www.livestation.com/channels/52-press-tv-english

I have had a look and they are just the TV news.
you dont need to do anything to use them.
and world news.

it looks like Iran has a riot going on.
just like the other one! but this one is week.
edit on 24-1-2012 by buddha because: aliens made me do it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I meant to reference their leaders more than the people as a whole. The Iranian people's patience and resilience to hardship is clearly not lacking.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
for Iran news PressTV

Despite fresh EU sanctions against Iran's oil exports, China has shown interest in Iran's oil with hiring at least two supertankers to ship oil from the country.

link

UK claims right to violate Iran waters

link

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

I was watching a political analyst this morning on US news, and she was saying that California has the largest Iranian population in the US. Over 750,000.

Why do you think the US just passed an act allowing the military to arrest and indefinitely detain American citizens?

Why do you think Harper wants to re-instate our anti-terrorism act that expired years ago?

Hundreds of thousands of Japanese were sent to detention camps during WWII in the US and Canada.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by hmdphantom

I meant to reference their leaders more than the people as a whole. The Iranian people's patience and resilience to hardship is clearly not lacking.

There is no powerful lobby in Iran , so the leaders are coming from people.

So , if the people are patient , the leaders are patient ,too.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Iran have been blocking UK satellites for years, this is governmental policy.

They block our propaganda, we block theres.

Makes sense. Any news station in Iran thats found broadcasting non-western propaganda gets bombed anyway, so....best thing to do would be to look up an Iranian newspaper on the internet, if you want to find out whats going on in that country. But this really only affects Farsi speaking people in the UK more than anyone else.
edit on 25-1-2012 by Ixtab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Why do you think the US just passed an act allowing the military to arrest and indefinitely detain American citizens?

Why do you think Harper wants to re-instate our anti-terrorism act that expired years ago?

Hundreds of thousands of Japanese were sent to detention camps during WWII in the US and Canada.

The scary thing is, these days, we're a lot more "blended" ( my brain can't think of a better word right now). How many people will they try to pick up and detain indefinitely if they "look" Iranian, or have slightly darker skin?

Canada is so blended, my son is half Salish, and he could pass as part Asian, or Iranian, or Mexican, he just has those features, and almost black/brown eyes.

With our multicultural country, we better start carrying all our "papers", they could lock up half of Canada if they went on looks. Half of the US also, anyone with darker skin could be at risk.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
UK is a oppressive despotic state with monarchy cameras spying everywhere.Scotland and Northern ireland will soon liberate themselves from the english man's oppression and deception.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The scary thing is, these days, we're a lot more "blended" ( my brain can't think of a better word right now). How many people will they try to pick up and detain indefinitely if they "look" Iranian, or have slightly darker skin?

Canada is so blended, my son is half Salish, and he could pass as part Asian, or Iranian, or Mexican, he just has those features, and almost black/brown eyes.

With our multicultural country, we better start carrying all our "papers", they could lock up half of Canada if they went on looks. Half of the US also, anyone with darker skin could be at risk.

Read this immediately:

Defence agreements signed with U.S.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join