It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Would a Post-SOPA Internet Look Like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
What would a post-SOPA internet look like? Here's a glimpse of a dystopian future.
SOPA casts such a wide net that it would affect the entire online experience as we know it, in ways that reach far beyond the goal of preventing file-sharing. It's easy to feel overwhelmed by the possibilities amid the kerfuffle—words like "censorship" and "felony" have been throw around a lot lately. So we're telling you about some concrete changes that SOPA would set in motion.

www.good.is...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
probably the same way the other 100 threads about SOPA describe it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I don't know what a post-sopa net would look like...but thats because thats only 2 steps away.
I know what the destination point looks like where they are trying to walk us all down

A subscription service like cable packages, all corporate big money run, all controlled, and just another television.
edit on 24-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I know exactly what it looks like because it's already begun.
Check it out:
SOPA is being enforced NOW

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Oh, thats always been around
just remove the country code and you can watch it.

its

youtube.com/v/0000000 (the 0's = the video number.)
There..now you can watch country to country copyrighted stuff without worry. remove all the stuff around the V and make it its own directory

Add: Just tried it on that video, and even though it brings up the video, it doesn't actually play it (error upon hitting play). So, either that trick is found out, or..meh, who knows...but thats the first time it didn't work for me.

edit on 24-1-2012 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL! Thanks! Didn't know that. I still find it creepy though...seeing any kind of censorship like
that within the United States.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
No more the pirate bay.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
If they do that subscription crap...im going back to postage stamps and letters.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RadioactiveRob

I think that's after ACTA comes down to where the Pirate Bay is located, SOPA stops links to the pirate bay from being shared, or any alternative to the pirate bay being started in America. SOPA doesn't stop the Pirate Bay, but you are correct to dislike SOPA in favour of the Pirate Bay. The Pirate Bay is not hosted in the USA, merely the plurality of American internet use for illegal file sharing is reflected by the name Pirate, the bay is in Scandinavia.

new topics

top topics

join