It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I not new

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i am not new. i have been reading Ats for a quite a while but i cant seem to get the 20 posts or whatever you need to start new threads. they say i have to introduce myself again. I wish the rules werent so strict so i could post my ufo story and other interests i have. but i will try again. i am 41 and female and live in nj. i love the website and find most of the topics very fascinating.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by HODOSKE
i am not new. i have been reading Ats for a quite a while but i cant seem to get the 20 posts or whatever you need to start new threads. they say i have to introduce myself again. I wish the rules werent so strict so i could post my ufo story and other interests i have. but i will try again. i am 41 and female and live in nj. i love the website and find most of the topics very fascinating.

It is incredibly easy to make 20 contributing posts! There are so many topics that should cater to just about anyone! START HERE - Recent posts and see what interests you!

Welcome

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

You can join any thread on the page, and add your insight, the 20 post will go fast.

Look forward to your first thread

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS

Now, reply Thank You to each welcome post in this thread...you'll have your 20 posts in no time.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

i have replied to a bunch of topics. how do you know when you are near 20. does someone tell you?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

i have replied to a bunch of topics. how do you know when you are near 20. does someone tell you?

Look at you panel. the "P" indicates posts. Yours reads 10 right now. You don't need 20 posts to post in other threads, just to start new ones outside of Intros.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Look to the right side of the screen, under your name .

The P stands for post, you had 10 as I was writing this.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

thank you you have been very helpful

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by HODOSKE

Look to the right side of the screen, under your name .

The P stands for post, you had 10 as I was writing this.

Mine's on the left of the screen - you have it on the right? Hmmm.

Anyways, Welcome, you're halfway to your 20 posts

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

ROFL

mine is left too, I know what I meant to type, I'm a man, so directions fail me.

Sorry OP, im glad you got your answer through my blunder.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i usually only comment when i have something really important to say or when i feel strongly about a topic. but i guess i might have to do a lot of frivolous posts to get my 20 . everyone seems really nice on this sight and a lot of you sound very intelligent

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

everyone seems really nice on this sight and a lot of you sound very intelligent

One thing everyone has on this site , is an opinion.

Yours is just as valid, dive in, have fun,

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by snowspirit

ROFL

mine is left too, I know what I meant to type, I'm a man, so directions fail me.

Well, that does explain it

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by greeneyedleo

i usually only comment when i have something really important to say or when i feel strongly about a topic. but i guess i might have to do a lot of frivolous posts to get my 20 . everyone seems really nice on this sight and a lot of you sound very intelligent

Pop over to BTS. I'm sure you'll find some interesting topic that you could post to that won't be frivolous.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
still dont understand why it has to be 20. what is the purpose of this rule? does it weed out certain posters? maybe they only want people who are going to be around for a long time and not just people stopping by?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

still dont understand why it has to be 20. what is the purpose of this rule? does it weed out certain posters?

Yes. It helps us weed out spammers and returning troublemakers. Btw, you're at 14.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

The internet is like the wild west, lots of keyboard cowboys.

By having 20 , it takes a little time, that stops jokers from opening a account and making threads with swearing, calling names, whatever.

It is , if you will, A mild weeding out process.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

still dont understand why it has to be 20. what is the purpose of this rule? does it weed out certain posters? maybe they only want people who are going to be around for a long time and not just people stopping by?

Now you are all the way up to 14 posts.

20 posts is an ATS rule. I think it is kind of a training period to get a new member familiar with the software for posting.

But, that's just my opinion. Now reply to this post and get closer to 20....

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by HODOSKE

Me new,

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

i understand

top topics

<<   2 >>

join