It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush to Shift Iraq Funds to Boost Security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

HOLLAND, Mich. (Reuters) - Faced with mounting violence in Iraq, the Bush administration plans on Tuesday to propose shifting $3.46 billion from Iraqi water, power and other reconstruction projects to improve security, boost oil output and prepare for elections scheduled for January.

news.reuters.com...;jsessionid=5R4UZDOCYC%20FN0CRBAEKSFFA?type=topNews&storyID=6224882

Well, what could one say about this. It's our (America)'s fault that this situation is the way it is. We keep saying how we are there to liberate and re-build and a lot of other stuff that would sound good if it really was happening. But this article shows all the truth. We aren't there to re-build. I am sorry but I do not buy into the crap that shifting 3.5 bill from re-building to security will help re-build in the future. That is plain BS. Maybe if we steped back and figured out the reason for all the chaos we could fix the problem where it started. But then again if we were mature enough to do that, maybe there wouldn't be so much pain in this world.

[edit on 14-9-2004 by jmilici]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   

boost oil output

I guess thats the keynote on the situation. Oil supplies aren't going fast enough, propably due to the sabotage of some pipelines. Oil is the main reason BushCo went there, so they have to put some extra cash into it.

Putting their own cash into it would be to obvious, so why not do it in the name of security AND oil(while you don't give a hoot if 1000 or 10000 or 100000 US soldiers buy it).

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Faith Based Inititatives!

Why the hell not?
WhiteHouse.gov

President George W. Bush's Faith-Based and Community Initiative represents a fresh start and bold new approach to government's role in helping those in need. Too often the government has ignored or impeded the efforts of faith-based and community organizations. Their compassionate efforts to improve their communities have been needlessly and improperly inhibited by bureaucratic red tape and restrictions placed on funding.

The White House Office and the Centers for the Faith-Based and Community Initiative -- located in seven Federal agencies -- are working to support the essential work of these important organizations. Their goal is to make sure that grassroots leaders can compete on an equal footing for federal dollars, receive greater private support, and face fewer bureaucratic barriers.

The Office focuses its efforts on the following populations:

At-risk youth
Ex-offenders
Homeless
Hungry
Substance abusers
Those with HIV/AIDS
Welfare-to-work families

I mean if funnelling Federal Funds to Churches in America to take care of social ills Bush doesn't want to fund directly is a good idea, why not fund Muslim Clerics too? They deal with the same problems in Iraq, right? Surely no harm can come from funding fundamentalists be they Christian or Muslim? Same diff right?

That frees up the interim government to use funds for "protection" if a certain amount of the rebuilding fund (US Taxpayers dollars) is set aside for seeding Muslim extremism like it is for Evangelicals in America, right? I mean surely the logic holds. Unless it's just a bad idea on both counts. Not really sure.

What a tool.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There you go.......for the ones that still believe that going into Iraq was for a noble cause, people get it, its was for their oil, the security of their oil is more important that the issues of terrorism within the country population heck let them kill each other as long as the oil keeps flowing.

This is starting to look like the problems in the Niger area in Africa where Chevron security and oil production is more important than the citizens of the area, when is been allegations of the Military shooting the citizens protesting in order to keep Chevron safe.

I wonder if this administration is planning to use our troops as shields to protect bush, Cheney and Halliburton oil investments.

Meanwhile here in US the problem of uninsured population if at its high, and the elderly lack of affordable medicine is making them to cut on their prescribed medication. What a slap to the seniors in this country after giving their best years to their nation.

But that is ok oil will be safe in Iraq.

top topics

join