It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mama Needs Some Advice

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

With a warm wash cloth and warm water, bathe your feet before going to bed. It should be done slowly and with directed purpose. All the nerves in your body end in your feet and you will calm them and cleanse them.

Good Night

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You need to wear yourself out.
Some sort of hard physical activity, but not to hard, don't hurt yourself.
I imagine your mind will not shut down, and about the only way I have found when in that place to fall asleep is to do something that is very tiring. Not only does it take your mind off of whatever is keeping you awake, but also it tires out the muscles to a point where even if your brain won't shut up, the muscles do, and that will cause you to sleep.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don't have a tv in your bedroom. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary of peace.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I want to thank everyone who posted here on this thread.
I changed my pillows ,took a melatonin pill and I did
get a good nights sleep.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
You should limit caffeine intake and drink more water. Try exercising during the day... Take a hot bath right before bedtime with aroma oils... Make a glass of chamomile tea. You could also try listening to relaxing or ambient music. Look for sleep online radio or something on google.... These tricks should help you fall asleep easily
Hope that helps!

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You could try some drops of lavender oil on your pillow.
Sounds like you need a few good massages.
We women deserve a damn good massage, I even enlist the children - though I pity anyone who goes near my feet.

posted on Feb, 19 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

There are some good sleep articles on the net.

You might try the following search terms

www.dogpile.com...

SLEEP DEPRIVATION + CURES

SLEEP LOSS + REMEDIES

INSOMNIA + HELP

etc.

==============================

1. You may need to go to a sleep clinic if this is long standing.

2. You might be wise to practice 1-3 relaxation techniques.

A) e.g. tensing and slowly relaxing muscle groups head to toes . . . slowly relax and focus on the feeling of the relaxation . . . very very slowly relax each muscle group.

B) breathe slowly 6-8 seconds out and 6-8 seconds in for 30-90 seconds. Changes brain blood chemistry more toward relaxation.

3. Think of a handful of things that fit the following criteria:

--complex enough to be interesting and distracting but not exciting enough to get adrenaline going.

e.g.:

A) designing a floor plan of a grand new house
B) landscaping a huge aquarium
C) landscaping a huge garden
D) designing and building a piece of furniture.
E) taking a dream vacation to a moderately exciting place
F) doing a craft project in your mind

Start going to bed routine every night at the same time.

If you shower at night--do it first so you have time to cool down toward sleep time. Each succeeding item in the hour to hour and a half of your routine before bed needs to be slower and more contemplative.

Avoid TV the 2 hours or so before bed.

Put on calming music the last 30-45 minutes. Have calming music or ocean sounds or some sort of white noise through the night.

Learn to discipline your thoughts AWAY FROM anxiety producing topics. It is a discipline and takes practice. You can begin by insisting on 5-15 min out of every hour of avoiding negative thoughts. Expand to whole hour over a month or so. Limit negative thought time to 15 min every 4 hours or 20 min per day or some such.

Just before reading the book below--reflect on what you did well today. What you'd like to do well tomorrow. Then lay both aside mentally and refuse to pick such issues up again until tomorrow.

The last 10-20 min before sleep, read a moderately boring book.

If you wake up and know that you are tossing and turning . . . get the moderately boring book out . . . or write a letter to someone . . . or write your concerns down THEN LAY THEM ASIDE AND REFUSE TO DWELL ON THEM.

Most insomniacs sleep more than they think they do.

Sooner or later your body will fall asleep--even if it has to do so while you are driving! DANGEROUS!

Even if you have 4 hours of sleep--and work 8 hours--with a loud alarm, you can sleep in your car on your lunch hour and make it the last 4 hours.

ANXIETY OVER LOSS OF SLEEP KEEPS YOU AWAKE. REFUSE TO DWELL ON IT.

Anyway--check out the good articles on the net that seem tailored to your particulars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join