It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov Pass Incident--Russia's Mountain of Death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This incident below describing a silver spark that was seen, illuminating the sky and possibly hovering is to me a bit of a game changer , UFO involved , that is indeed a very important piece of information to this case.

Dyatlov Pass; Thomas Koner — Nival05:58 On the evening of February 2, another student hiking group led by Anatoli Shumkov climbed Mount Chistop. “Mercury is way below -30C*. At least there is no wind. Finally, one more trek upward, and we’re on the top! A truly unique feeling! The main mountain range of the Urals stretches across the North-West. About 25 kilometers away the snowy white dome of Mount Otorten is looming against the dark, night sky.” – Mikhail Vladimirov, member of the ascent The tourists were already preparing for the descent, when the sullen clouds in the north suddenly flashed silver. A white spark flew upward from the depths of the valley of Otorten and floated between the mountain peaks. “This “thing” was flying silently and slowly from the south to the north over the ridge of the Urals. It was glowing quite brightly. The way it illuminated the hovering clouds, at the height of 2.5 to 3 km, was very strange.” – Anatoli Shumkov, leader of the group;

source link; dyatlov.looo.ch...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
one of the group kept a diary and the last entry was something like "we now know the snowmen are real".

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have thought of the unfortunate and unexplained death of these students for some time and as Spock stated
in Star Trek – quoted from Sherlock Holmes “… when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth…”
I originally thought that it may have been the Russian army with concussion bombs that were dropped on them by accident.
The army had used this location for secret tests.
Some mention that the army secretly arrived at the crime scene 1 week before the rescuers found the bodies.
This could answer a few of the mysteries but not all!
Why their tent was on the side of the mountain and not logically down at the tree line for shelter and fire wood?
The army could have moved the tent up the mountain to change the crime scene.
Why there was radioactive material on some of the clothing and why they were not wearing any protective clothes for the harsh climate?
The army could have changed their clothes and confiscated clothing which showed being radioactive.
Though all good explanations, I do believe there is only one explanation that holds up to all facets of this case!
Yeti or Abominable Snow Man encounter!
Why would anyone set up camp on the side of the mountain when there was a forested shelter a short distance down the mountain?
On research I found that the small tent used was not their main tent – they had left supplies at a base camp and were using this very small tent for an excursion.
What was their purpose for climbing the Ural mountain range?
I googled Russian news broadcast for 1958 and there was an interesting account a few months earlier of Yeti encounters on this range. That year a number of local Mansi tribe people disappeared.
After this investigation the Russian Government banned all further investigation or reporting on the Yeti with threats of incarceration.
These students may have been acting as investigating reporters and photographers and had to have a cover to conceal their true purpose.
The one person they added to their close group was a guide familiar with this territory. A note on a printed paper in their possession was scribed “From now on we know that the snow men exist”.
Although they used guns to protect themselves in this wilderness terrain for previous trips (pictures show), they did not carry them this time in case they were stopped and questioned.
Whatever attacked them in their tent did not bite or claw but had extreme power to crush
A similar attack at Yale BC in the 1800’s by some gold miners who claimed to have captured a baby Sasquatch and in Washington State 1920’s of an attack: www.bigfootlives.com...
In 1946 Cultus Lake BC a newlywed couple disappeared from their cabin with only large footprints found surrounding it.
Case Scenario
The illogical pitching of their tent in the open may have been due to a scare from the locals at the last settlement which told them about reindeer being found dead in this area.
They may have felt more secure making camp in the open rather than down within the trees.
After taking off their heavy outerwear and boots and due to the small space within the tent along with the moisture and smell, they would have left this clothing outside, at the back of the tent with their packsacks to dry out. They could have left them in what appears to be an overhang on the rear of the tent where the exhaust stove chimney exits.
They entered the tent in their long johns and tent slippers and had supper.
Shortly after supper 2 of the men went outside to urinate (documented) with a flashlight, which they left on the roof of the tent (documented) and a lighter and cigarettes to have a smoke. It was written in their diary that the women did not want them smoking in the hotel rooms or tent.
While out they were attacked and forced to flee down to the forest for cover.
There they built a fire for warmth and to keep any predators away.
On hearing the commotion outside the tent, 3 students went outside to help with a flashlight and were also attacked.
They fled down the mountain unable to reach their outerwear at the back of the tent.
The Yeti’s attack then centered on the 4 remaining students left in the tent.
The Yeti unable to open the tent door or cut through began to pound on the center of the tent with the students inside slicing their knives back through the tent in defense. It has been reported that Yeti can use sticks as weapons and may have poked through the open slits of the tent with one of the ski poles. It was documented that numerous knife cuts were found on one of the ski poles
The Yeti attack temporarily stopped when they noticed the fire down at the tree line and the 3 students heading towards it with the flashlight (documented and found on this trail still in the on position).
The Yeti have been reported that they are not afraid of fire or light.
The Yeti caught the 3 students before they could reach the tree line.
Yeti use their large powerful arms to club and then bear hug their quarry until subdued and unconscious, all similar injuries reported on the students.
Seeing that the fire was attracting the Yeti the 2 students at the tree tried to franticly put it out, it was reported that one of these student’s hands were burnt possibly by this action.
Next they proceeded to climb a tree.
The report claimed they had climbed the tree to observe if their tent was still there to return to for their survival gear.
The problem with this was that it was after sunset in winter in Russia.
I googled if there was a full moon that night and there was not, so it would have been pitch dark.
The only reason to climb a tree at night would be to try and elude a predator.
It has been stated that Sasquatch can climb trees.
One of the students was found a few hundred feet from the tree still clutching a branch as if he had been dragged down from the tree.
When the remaining 4 students of the group did arrive at the tree they found their companions dead so they removed what clothing they could to keep warm rather than return to their tent and what they thought was back there.
They then went to a ravine and dug a snow cave for shelter.
Unfortunately the Yeti were waiting for them in the forest and pursued them, cornering them at the ravine some short distance away and finished them off.
One problem with the Yeti theory is that no foot prints were ever found.
The explanation is it was sometime after the encounter, in winter, in a valley known for wind.
The Yeti/Sasquatch have a very large bipedal foot, much like a bear paw snow shoe which would leave a very flat shallow print.
These prints would easily disappear with weather conditions.
The final explanation may be the hardest to believe and that is - why have no further sightings or findings been made of Yeti in this location?
With all our technologies these mountains and the world in general have become a lot smaller but the Universe is immense and unknown.
There were unexplained lights in the sky at this location seen by other observers.
Strange creatures have been reported all over the world with similar globe light occurrences (Kentucky Goblin Encounter,Chupacabras, Ogopogo, Lochness Monster, and other such things).
Many documented encounters with Sasquatch have been reported with similar globe lights seen in the vicinity.
Could it be that there are time portals throughout the Universe and these creatures accidently pass through them?
Could a nuclear blast such as the 1957-58 Russian accidental nuclear explosion at Kyshtym ( just a few miles south
of Oblast Swerdlowsk where these students were) cause a rip in our universe?
This accident reportedly killed 1000’s of people and contaminated a 100 square kilometer area with high level radiation.
Could the radiation on their clothing have come from physical contact with these entities or the terrain
itself?
One such strange occurrence happened in Manila in 1593 where a guard was suddenly transported to Mexico City
www.psychic101.com...
All in all strange and unexplained things happen and it is left up to us to ponder what the truth might be.
Thanks for your ability to have your mind open to care for an explanation for these unfortunate beings

posted on Feb, 5 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There was just last week a big conference in Yekaterinburg last week, with more theories and more arguments -- and all press reporting was in Russian. I can post a few links but don't have time to do any translating -- try google.

Try these -- they refer to American investigators in attendance:
www.teleport2001.ru...
www.vesti.ru...

edit on 5-2-2014 by JimOberg because: add links

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Old thread I know. For those of you trying to explain it off as an animal attack..

its simply too bizzare. and NO BLOOD? none...not even a little bit...sure an animal could kill a human without drawing blood but along with all the other strange # going on with this story, the obvious struggle included. Still no blood.

Also the tent being cut from the inside. I feel that that could be one of the biggest clues. To me what this shows is that whatever was going down triggered an extremely primal response OR it caused confusion of some sort.

Something so strange and so notable happens that you cut through your tent from the inside...obviously what is happening is so dangerous that you aren't worried about preserving the tent.

The vibe to this story just isn't right. My intuition tells me it wasn't a common phenomena that happened, As in wasn't animal related or avalanche related.

This is not a scientific theory, this is what my heart tells me.

I think some kind of noise/beam was used that caused either extreme confusion and fear and disorientation and or extreme pain and obviously, death. They get hit with the beam, know one knows wtf is going on...perhaps meanwhile their insides are cooking....the person with the knife can't even grab the zipper and unzip the tent, he has to cut through it... i mean this is BIG...they NEED this tent and he cuts through it in some of the harshest terrain one can exist upon.

I have no idea what the source of this is, but im positive its not benevolent

I just feel that something was used to kill these people that isn't commonly known or even known about publicly at all.

Could have been a top secret weapon experiment.

Could have been some mysterious creature that has the ability to use sound in such a way

Could have been malevolent ET/UFO

Im more prone to think first- Cruel Experiment (the higher ups are #ed up people)

next- Yeti type being...which i kind of doubt. I would think a Yeti would be a skiddish creature, wanting to hide and not be seen. And if it did get frightened and feel it needed to defend itself or protect its territory, I have a feeling there would be blood.

UFO - although possible, least likely. There is some kind of boundary that prevents negative ET's from messing with people I feel. Otherwise they would just land and take us all as slaves/food, no? I feel we are protected somewhat. Besides alot of the negative/neutral UFO experiences people have are actually top secret government experiements and not actually ET's.
edit on 12/9/2011 by ZacharyW because: (no reason given)

Random: I find it rather strange that I rarely post here and the above poster signed up the exact day and year i did.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfin4
one of the group kept a diary and the last entry was something like "we now know the snowmen are real".

This is the part that threw me at first, but could be down to the paranoia! They cut themselves out of the tent and the tent was in the open, away from the trees, which could indicate that it was something in the tree line that was scarring them? Its just the lack of tracks that cast a shadow over the Yeti theory but who knows what really happened other than its utterly terrifying!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: damo1583
One of my more favorite Mysteries damo,

Snowman in Russian translates roughly to Brown Bear, Where the GDU (Former KGB) Experimenting with Hybrid DNA ?.

Remember this was the cold war and the expedition was due to liaise with CIA Operators. Alleged.
Google translate.

"Sykes suggests that the yeti hairs that were found in the Himalayas - the result of crossing two known species of bears. This does not mean that the Asian mountains still roam prehistoric animals. Most likely, the snowman - a descendant found in Svalbard polar bear, the scientists conclude. However, the researcher assumes that the hybrid could appear later, and regardless"

explains quite abit to me.

Fox.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: foxhound2459
a reply to: damo1583
One of my more favorite Mysteries damo,

Snowman in Russian translates roughly to Brown Bear, Where the GDU (Former KGB) Experimenting with Hybrid DNA ?.

Remember this was the cold war and the expedition was due to liaise with CIA Operators. Alleged.
Google translate.

"Sykes suggests that the yeti hairs that were found in the Himalayas - the result of crossing two known species of bears. This does not mean that the Asian mountains still roam prehistoric animals. Most likely, the snowman - a descendant found in Svalbard polar bear, the scientists conclude. However, the researcher assumes that the hybrid could appear later, and regardless"

explains quite abit to me.

Fox.

thanks fox,
This mystery is a strange one for sure and the information on the bear link yo the snowman reference is enlightening, but firstly why would the note refer to it existing if as suggested the snowman is a local term for a bear? There's also the lack of blood and the injuries sustained by the victims! Its both fascinating and terrifying in equal measure!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Awesome that there's a thread on this subject! I've come across this mystery somewhere on the internet and became more and more fascinated because of the really odd conditions in which the situation was found and the fact that the trauma showed the impact of a strange and extreme force instead of anything an animal or human could've done. (without aiding devices of which no trace was found anyway, besides the fact that there were no other people in the hugely remote area anyway)

Some of the info I read online about it seemed to have some fiction added into the mix as there was also a mention of 2 gulag escapees that were reported to be there as well, if I remember this correctly they were found dead nearby as well. That would've supposedly been hushed. I don't really tend to believe that story however even though the gulag system (read about it quite a bit) was huge. First of all, it'd be *very* coincidental if these 2 gulag escapees happened to stumble upon these students in this vast area. Second, apparently it was common knowledge of gulag inmates that it's impossible to escape in the Siberian winter. That's actually one of the reasons that the first camps were built BY the inmates without any physical restraint or walls because they needed each other desperately to survive in the extremely harsh climate and fleeing would've meant certain death.

I personally find no ''earthly'' explanation credible. The only thing that remains would be a UFO but I find that hard to believe and unlikely as well. If I were a UFO believer then sure, but currently it doesn't really make sense. I'm leaning towards a failed military experiment but on the other hand, THAT's unlikely as well! The facts/situation make that very hard to believe.

So all I gained by reading about this mystery was an understanding of how big of a mystery it actually is ^_^

Skimming through the thread I noticed that this documentary wasn't posted yet:

It has a bit of a vintage feel to it (
) and some parts are very dry if not boring but you do get a lot of info out of it. There's silly music, too

But yeah, ever since I knew of this mystery's existence I was fascinated by it. And as to what happened... I literally have no clue whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Pitou

this is the type off snow hole used in thier training days.
Notice the depth and the amount of shelter it gives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join