It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow NTV: Nostradamus Predicted Mars Inhabitants Would Destroy All Earth Probes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Short written tease article here: www.ntv.ru...

My translation:

Secret of the loss “of Phobus- ground”. What are the experts saying and what did Nostradamus say about it?

The unsuccessful launch of “Phobus-Grunt” was forecast almost 500 years ago. This asserts Sergey Bezborodov, the leader of the school of scientific astrology. “We have to rely on the prophecy of Michel Nostradamus: “The discovery of Mars threatens freedom “”.

The interpretation of this phrase, scholars have struggled already long ago. Sergey considers that the discussion deals with the debarkation to Mars of people, who will be grabbed into captivity by the inhabitants of red planet.

Sergey [Bezborodov]: “We can make, I think, to a 100% precise forecast, that all subsequent Martian satellites and Mars rovers will be compulsorily smashed, contact with them will be lost, and people will sit and guess why this occurred”.

This is a fascinating TV program in Moscow, 15 minute segment
on non-traditional interpretations of the Fobos-Grunt disaster, here:
www.ntv.ru...

It's in Russian but even non-speakers will recognize much of the
graphic material, plus Marina Popovich and some cosmonauts,
and you can easily recognize the Russian pronunciation of 'HAARP'.
Interviews put faces on names we know from newspapers such as Rodionov,
who has been championing the 'US did it' claim for months.

Among the theories are US interference and a lot of speculation on
alien sabotage. That theme, and the spin on the Nostradamus
quote meaning there is a civilizatioin already on Mars, makes it
a legitimate thread here, IMHO,

This will take some time to wade through and translate...

But if you have time, watch the video for the pictures alone --
although my link gave jerky playing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The chances of life on mars are a million to one.....hello?....hello?.............h............

link   
I'm not liking how he is using "100%" in conjunction with Nostradamus.

No doubt he was a great man but he's overreacting...

link   
So explain the Mars Rover, is it a fake? This is a load of boloney if ever i heard it, seriously how can you even give this any of your time? Come on matey 'Deny Ignorance' or die trying!
edit on 24-1-2012 by chaztekno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well, some say aliens have prevented Russia from having a successful space program because of Stalin's hostile pursuit of them back int he 40's, he allegedly shot a couple crafts down. Aliens have been mad at them ever since.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Longshots
Well, some say aliens have prevented Russia from having a successful space program because of Stalin's hostile pursuit of them back int he 40's, he allegedly shot a couple crafts down. Aliens have been mad at them ever since.
As far as holding a grudge, Stalin vs. Aliens, It looks like the aliens win

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

There was a thread earlier about Indigo children, specificall one named Boriska, the Russian astronomer. He was only three when he told his parents and their friends about the planets and their mathematical properties, stars and the rest of the galaxy. he said he remembers a past life on mars half a million years ago and he even said that he knows why all probes and sattelites sent to mars will fail, because his people are putting out some kind of frequency that we can't detect or something.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Is this a joke ?
I can find little to no info on Sergey Bezborodov or this supposed claim ,as for the school of scientific astrology .... is there such a thing as "scientific astrology" ?
I really am surprised that you would post something like this Jim , Nostradamus predicted the Phobos Grunt failure....Really

Scientific Astrology School
In the Scientific Astrology School examines the following COURSES:
- Main course - Classical western astrology,
- Master-class for astrologers-professionals,
- Astrology of druids and the celtic Tarot,
- Mayan astrology,
- Astrology Ba Czy (ancient Chinese) and Feng Shui,
- Vedic (Ayurveda) astrology.
www.linkedin.com...

The discovery of Mars threatens freedom ..... Are you sure that's really a Nostradamus quote ? , I cant find it .

edit on 24-1-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
The chances of life on mars are a million to one.....hello?....hello?.............h............

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
All?

Explain the rover then.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Ah, so fun.

The Mars curse is now being attributed to a Nostradamus prediction?

Granted, there does seem to be a Mars curse, but, this is more black humor at the frequency of failures over the years. In reality, simply getting something into orbit around Earth is a difficult task. Getting a payload from Earth, all the way to Mars through millions of miles of freezing space and dangerous sleeting radiation that can wreck havoc with electronics from one gravity well to another is quite a monumental task.

Phobos Grunt failed in Earth orbit, which is sad as many had high hopes for the mission. How else are we suppose to find out if Phobos is a hollow space ship?
Joking aside, getting anything off this rock, out of our gravity well is risky, and sadly, Russia's track record for failures is high, high enough that there's even a conspiracy about 'lost cosmonauts'.
Their Q&A process possibly needs a Q&A of its own.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Vikings one and two. The more recent landers? Not exactly smashed...

How about we attribute the Russian failure to the...Russians? Aliens? Unlikely. The U.S.? Almost as unlikely.

Just out of curiosity... What in the world is "scientific astrology"? Never heard of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

post by seagull
What in the world is "scientific astrology"? Never heard of it.

It's a contradiction in terms , that's what it is.

As I posted above you can go to Moscow and learn it though .

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Apparently. I'd love to see the thinking that developes it though... Fascinating stuff, no doubt.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Uh, just to clarify, I'm not advocating that these claims be accepted, just that they be considered as part of the imagination-stretching mental exercises needed to confront the surprirses the universe has in store for us.

Here is a Discovery-Canada segment with my personal assessments:
watch.discoverychannel.ca...

And by the way, Richard Hoagland has his OWN special take on the events, too:

dorkmission.blogspot.com...
audio file: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Sorry if I implied you actually thought this was what was going on... Apologies if I offended.

Anyhow, I've mostly given up on Coast to Coast...just not as much fun to listen to as it used to be. But that blog hit it right on the x-ring.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well if nothing else has come of this at least I now have a link to dorkmission

Thanks

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The only thing distracting me from being interested in this thread is the fact they believe Nostradamus predicted it.

He never really predicted anything, he was a radical who - while under employment to the king of France - wrote pieces of coded quatrains rallying against his country's rulers much like John did in Revelations (which you can read in any Bible located at your nearest motel drawer) while pretending it was a vision of the future so as not to be caught, arrested and executed for treason.

That some people still believe he could see the future and try to link things to his quatrains as "proof" irks me.

Otherwise, thansk for bringing it to us Mr Oberg.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Uh, just to clarify, I'm not advocating that these claims be accepted, just that they be considered as part of the imagination-stretching mental exercises needed to confront the surprirses the universe has in store for us.

This is something that we can see eye to eye on. As a human race, we are no more informed of space than a new born baby cub that just took its first step from its winter den would be informed about the rest of Earth. I have a genuine concern about the future of the space race especially if we discover ANY form of life on another planetary body. I just hope we tread lightly with great responsibility and care as we embark on our last great odyssey.

top topics

join