It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD Reportedly Experimenting With Drones To Monitor NYC

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

NYPD Reportedly Experimenting With Drones To Monitor NYC

www.wpix.com

an NYPD Detective in the Counterterrorism Unit asks the Federal Aviation Administration about the use of drones as a way to protect the city.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I was getting the kids ready for school and watching the news when I heard this. This is slowly becomeing worse than Nazi SS. The fact that they decieve us by slowly and incrementally taking away our illsuion of freedom, all in the name of a false sense of security. Even more disgusting is they try to present it morally and civilly while the truth is sinister behind it. It's nothing but guilty conscience's projecting their own corrupt acts onto society.

At least the Nazis had the balls to declare outright war. Not that I'm a Nazi sympathizer but at least you knew what you were up against. Mankind is going to be it's own downfal.
The slow, snowballing descent and complete annihilation of humanity is picking up momentum. Hold on to those you love, because we will see it in our lifetime

www.wpix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
We can experiment with microwaves to see if we can knock them out.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I came across your thread when I was doing a search and noticed that posted. That actually work? People need to take back our country casue it's getting out of hand. They may as well have the decency to just declare war. At least this way everyone could unite or do what they will to survive. Unfortunately they know this and that's why they're incrementally domesticating and breaking us like pets. At least most of us.
edit on 24/1/2012 by Revealation because: my spelling is horrendous.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well if they use the drones to take out occupy wall street, why not.
- Newt Gingrich, Santorum and Romney

(you know they would back that up)

It's only a matter of time before there are armed drones above America... to protect the children, of course.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Honestly....When th F$$k are people going to wake up? It's not some crazy conspiracy theory. Its in your face reality, happening in front of our eyes. I'm tired of the old "conspiracy Theory" write off.

After all everything our gov't does is technically a CONSPIRACY, especially the laws they conspire to pass.

edit on 24/1/2012 by Revealation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The whole drone thing is not a surprise, they have been trying for a while now to get the FAA to approve so they could use them. It starts with drones and moves to this

What is next???

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

You would be surprised how good microwave weapons are. You can use your home microwave to fry the rfid chip in anything you may find. Standard home microwaves are devastating against electronics.

www.popsci.com...

Microwaves generate an electric field which can which can cause a voltage spike and kill enemy drones.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

reply to post by N3kr0m4nc3r

What is next???

I heard about the terahertz scanning a few days ago. That's why I don't go out carrying anything. Just a reason for them to bust balls.

That's something I'd like to research. I'm good with my hands , so it's just a matter of consuming the knowledge. thanks.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I wireless transmitter and a laptop.

Thats all you need.

Maybe a signal booster.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

Safety first my friend, always safety first. Microwaves require serious consideration, you would not want to blind yourself

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Sorry but your 1000W microwave would not do the trick unless you knew how to take it apart and build some sort of wave guide for it.

You would end up frying yourself first.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
This is just not good, soon they will be using drones to keep us "safe" from terrorists. I hope the day never comes where Im walking downtown and I see drones monitoring us, that would just be as close to 1984 mobile telescreens as you could get.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Thats the thing about NYC they'll never tell you before you go, You could be murdered in the middle of street and people would still be walking by like they didn't notice.

There is something about so many people living in one place.. Its like every man for their own, don't get trampled pick pocketed or hurt.. there is no place like Manhattan in the world so many people on one tiny little island...

I don't see how drones could be effective if the street cameras aren't...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocky Black

Yes I know that, you can build up a battery bank to power the setup and take 3-4 microwaves and put them together...helps having a degree in physics

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by heyitsphil

Whats the difference. They can watch you on Hdef all day long there are state cameras everywhere.

A drone just allows them to track you and listen in on your phones.

its more of a crack down on Marijuana than enything else.

Those grow houses light up the night sky like the fireworks on the 4th of JULY

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Any idea what your talking about?

You mean removing the magnetrons and trying to retrofit them in series or parallel by inserting them into a waverguide. Not as easy as one may think.

At all.

Easier to buy one.

He he he

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
A while back I was researching into how Iran supposedly hacked that drone and I stumbled across some strange documentation. It was a government release (without any confidentiality bs and cached by google) in regards to different attack methods on satelites, "space stations" (ground command centers), and drones. Drones are vulnerable to jamming mostly, so I naturally assumed Iran just picked the thing out of a tree and then hoisted it up and said "look how smart we are, we hacked this # bro". They are also vulnerable to machine guns. If I can find it again I'll edit my post with a link.

A while back Estes Park, Colorado obtained several of these drones for means of "national security". I assume they mean "when people start fighting back and the militias are hiding in the forest we want to be able to find them". You have my word, the day I see one of these things flying above my town is the day I start figuring out how to send these things to the ground. That # ain't happening without a fight.
edit on 24-1-2012 by badfish420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I live in Queens, they already have police towers and moblie command units on some avenues. Also have had NYPD security cameras on streetpoles for some time. The drone I'm sure will be equipped with all kinds of devices, face recog, motion detectors to detect crowds or running to zoom, others to read license plates, and possibly to fine citizens which would come in the mail. The movie DemolitionMan had it to where you got a ticket for cursing...Is such a senario so far fetched? We have an ongoing ticket war as it is. Remember New York is usually the guinea pig for this type of #.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join