It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paul Leading D-Report Poll on Debate Success

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I imagine a few of you may have watched the debate last night. I watched it with my far left wing wife, who gives me a hard time for supporting Paul, claiming 'He's un-electable'. But that's the only complaint she has about him. But when she listened to his responses last night (I had to force her to stop talking and listen), she ended up very pleasantly surprised.
Unlike the other 3, for the most part, Paul actually addressed the question. He did so cohesively, confidently, and logically. I got something else from his responses, that none of the others even came near to touching. As Paul made his points, I felt a swelling of excitement. I was greatly moved. Finally!! A candidate who focuses on the issues at hand rather than dabbling in mindless political BS! As the debate went on, I got the vision of a political cartoon, where Gingrich and Romney were off to the side, involved in their own separate debate, in which the read their responses from a pamphlet of their own credentials and shortcomings of the other. Then you have Santorum off to the other side having an respectable, but simple minded conversation, only it is with himself. Then you have Paul front 'n center, engaged in a top form, educated, rational debate, except only half the audience is paying him any attention. Unfortunately, the other half (the simple minded members of the audience) are distracted by the Rom-rich argument. And that's how politics go, sad to say.

So, the purpose of the thread... As i sat at my desk, and opened up drudgereport as I do every morning, I noticed the poll "Who Won the FL debate". Naturally, I voted. But was pleasantly surprised at the current results. They speak for themselves:
Well... apparently ATS Media has temporarily disabled media uploads. So Ill type the results:

Gingrich 25.9% (18049)
Paul 39.6% (27634)
Romney 25.0% (17445)
Santorum 9.5% (6611)

How bout that electability?! I firmly believe Paul has a large number of closet supporters, like I was until recently.

After re-reading my last comment above: Granted, the numbers represent a relatively small sampling. What that should indicate is that Paul leads the percentage of the more informed voters. Those who seek the internet for information, because the MSM does not provide enough. There are many out there (the simple minded) whose vote is simply decided by one small, trivial point made that they just happened to catch on tv. Or maybe, just voting how their friends and family vote. Nevertheless, I remain optimistic!

edit on 24-1-2012 by TomServo because: additional thought

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Soon enough everyone will be here flooding your thread with both good and bad post. I for one found Paul responsible again with his comments and responses.

Nice post

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Yes I liked his responses but believe he needs to calm down and take his time with responses because he keeps stumbling over what he wants to say. That is most probably because he has so much to say on the matter but just wants to get to the guts of his answer for the people listening. Unlike other candidates who like to adopt his policies to suit the crowd and BS their way through a debate just to win votes.

I live in Aus but just believe this man will do a lot for the world in general by curbing America from being the global bully. I also like another thread that was on here about certain prophecies and liked one that stated a woman will take over from a man who changed everything and followed in his footsteps we all know there is only one woman who shares the same policies as RP don't we.

Thread I was talking about www.abovetopsecret.com...

We can only hope for a better future and if RP doesn't end up being that people will have to get things sorted themselves
edit on 24-1-2012 by vkturbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
double post
edit on 24-1-2012 by vkturbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Ron Paul 2012! dr paul was the only one i felt actually answered the questions he was asked, i agree he needs to work on his delivery, i believe he is trying to be bolder with his statements which isnt his strong suit, and thus leaves him stumbling. the fact the first 15 minutes was all robmey and getinrich was a bit much i actually was pleased to hear santorum talk, just to hear a different voice. im still hoping americans wake up to the corporate puppets that stand before them and come to the dark side lol RONPAUL2012!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The problem is, it is not who comes out best in the debates, it is who gets elected, and no matter how much people say he did well in the debates, that is not translating to votes in places like SC, Iowa etc, As much as I would love RP to be the next POTUS, in fact I do honestly believe that UNLESS he is POTUS, the world will be in total war mode, it is not going to happen.

The Corporations, the real power have to much invested to allow RP to come in and close the fed, stop the war profits, the military capture of resources, the build up of the American third Reich. Wanting RP to be president is like wanting free energy to happen, it never will because people cant profit from it, it is a sad but true fact, greed and power rule the world and RP would stop that

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

Three states have voted with 3 different winners. Therefore, impossible to say that anyone is a 'frontrunner'. Also consider the states that have voted... Romney, who most people think has the best chance to win, is in 3rd right now. He won a blue state that counts 4 electoral votes... bahhh, worthless! The other two states are almost guaranteed to go red in the final election anyway. Iowa may have been considered a swing state in the past, but I think the Rep base there is pretty convicted this year. Im not going to start counting chickens for anyone until i start to see results of states like FL, OH, PA. Just like I told my wife, far too early to make such claims.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

It is funny, yesterday I was over at my buddies house and he is an AVID fox watcher.
He is also a gingrinch supporter, well now that cain and santorum are out or just not gonna win.
Yep he jumped the bandwagon a few times this election.
As we sat there and listened to Dr. Paul and all of the other puppets, He is consistantly agreeing with everything Dr. Paul says.
His one hangup is he wants Iran wiped off the map, he believes that teh muslim brown people are gonna git the nuklere bomb and blowd up the world!
Because it is what they must do!!!
I love this man as he has been my brother forever it seems, but how does one combat this sort of ignorance?
He sat there and ate up Dr. Paul said and still says, I'm voting for gingrinch...
If I had hair, I'd pull it out!
Oh well, maybe if Dr. Paul does not win, I can move to Texas when it secedes from the US!
We don't need any war, just leave us alone and we'll let you live!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well i hope you are right, I really do, I see little hope for the future with ObombaLot as Potus, and the Republican candidates leave me feeling nauseous, RP however just makes so much sense in everything he says, and the past voting record to prove his consistency, however I do stand by my previous post, he will not get the votes nor will he be allowed to be POTUS by the corporate masters

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I want to flag this but don't know how. I am relatively new to ATS and have not checked up on all it has to offer. Ron Paul is the F'in man. He IS the only one who ALWAYS answers confidently, honestly, and correctly. You are right, OP, they NEVER give credit where credit is due. I'm so tired of hearing this "unelectable" bull#. Your wife is simple minded. She picked it up from somewhere, probably fox news. I'm happy you tied her to the chair and pinned her eyes open and gagged her so she could be forced to hear what is BEST for America!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaMgLo87
I want to flag this but don't know how. I am relatively new to ATS and have not checked up on all it has to offer. Ron Paul is the F'in man. He IS the only one who ALWAYS answers confidently, honestly, and correctly. You are right, OP, they NEVER give credit where credit is due. I'm so tired of hearing this "unelectable" bull#. Your wife is simple minded. She picked it up from somewhere, probably fox news. I'm happy you tied her to the chair and pinned her eyes open and gagged her so she could be forced to hear what is BEST for America!!!

Im officially obligated to take offense to that. but occasionally that is true. more like she learned it from Rachael Madcow («autocorrect - only fitting to leave it).

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
But when she listened to his responses last night (I had to force her to stop talking and listen),

Very interested to know how you accomplished this. Its a persistent problem for me as well in these debates.

Gingrich 25.9% (18049)
Paul 39.6% (27634)
Romney 25.0% (17445)
Santorum 9.5% (6611)

He wins every internet poll because he wins the 18-35 crowd. Its all of the other uninformed people that vote for Ringorum.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I noticed the had to bring the unelectability talking point out, and then they didn't even have the decency to ask Paul personally. I was glad to see he didn't let it pass.

Another thing was the military excitement. When they asked about the Bill which would grant citizenship to Illegal aliens if the attended college or joined the military, Newt piped up that he wouldn't support the college side but service in the military to gain citizenship? He was behind it. Rather quickly Mitt spoke up and said, in effect, "me too." Did anyone else see a glimpse of "officially' approved Republican Policy in this, or maybe an indication that we aren't finished going to war/killing your boys?

To me, in an election year in which very many people are sick of war, and the lies about why we are involved, this seemed like a truly risky thing to say. However their was no reaction from anyone. I thought this was a clear indication of how entranced they think they have us. But then again I cancelled Cable 12 or 13 years ago and might be a little more clear headed than those still suckling at the FOX/MSNBC teats.

I think if this election could be held with the old media, the one we had in the sixties, that Ron would walk into office. Oh well, welcome to the class warfare. Trouble is too many are still dedicated to the masters whip. Why? I just can't understand it.

BTW, just noticed your name. MST3K rules. At least when Joel was with them.
edit on 24-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2012 by Ittabena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

All those who criticize Paul supporters for claiming that the MSM picks on him or intentionally detracts recognition, should consided your timely unique perspective. That observation holds a lot more water when it comes from someone who hasnt had MSM access in over a decade. Of course, on the other hand, had we the media of the 60s, I would be suspicious whether Romney would have even achieved a nom anyway.

Youre the first to comment on my handle. How did the concept die off? We still make terrible movies...

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
Yes I liked his responses but believe he needs to calm down and take his time with responses because he keeps stumbling over what he wants to say. That is most probably because he has so much to say on the matter but just wants to get to the guts of his answer for the people listening. Unlike other candidates who like to adopt his policies to suit the crowd and BS their way through a debate just to win votes.

I agree with you vkturbo. I think that Ron Paul has a ton of great information, and has a clear, concise, logical answer for every question thrown at him, but he doesn't have the time to get it all out. It seems like he is trying to get all that information out in the smallest window of time possible because he knows that if he gets a chance to speak he had better make the most of it, because its gonna be a while before it happens again.

I had not seen the thread you posted, but i will check it out.

Cheers
DC

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here comes Outcast Searcher in 3, 2, 1.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ron Paul wins online poll, what a surprise. Come back when he wins a real one, one that actualy matters.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Wish we had Paul over here in the UK but to be honest, America needs him.
In fact the world needs him to become the next president so he can save all the innocent people of other nations being bombed and occupied.

Note : Wish i could give you an extra star and flag for being a Liverpool supporter.
Especially after tonights result !!!

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cynicaleye
Ron Paul wins online poll, what a surprise. Come back when he wins a real one, one that actualy matters.

Why don't you come back when YOU actually matter....which will be never....

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Would you not agree that people who use the internet / computers often and regularly are more informed? Therefore, Romney is winning so much of the popular vote because so many of those voters are uninformed.

Here in my ignorantly partisan state, I see so many people who blindly support a candidate or an idea simply because their parents or friends do, without formulating their own opinions. For example, my parents voted Santorum. They have never watched a debate, or know anything about any of the candidates. But their friends in Sunday school class voted for him... Santorum won my state

top topics

join