It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech Literate, But Need Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
this is a very simple request i am imagining, but i am stuck none the less. I notice on many peoples sig, they have thread headings that are links to the actual threads...the best i can do is put the thread url on there. I think theyre called hyperlinks but i may be mistaken. i am just looking for a brief explanation on how to do that (put a thread name in my sig and have it link to the actual thread). i would apreciate any help. thank you in advance

Equal Rights, Justice, Peace, and Love for All

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

Well you already have a link in your signature, it's just a method of replacing that with another, but i think I know what you are getting at.

Try this:

[ url = h t t p :// link you want ] Nameyouwant [ / url ]

edit on 24-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

I've added the spaces show it shows up, you'd remove the spaces to have it work like this:

Nameyouwant
edit on 24-1-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

i tired...i may not have done it right. i filled it in correctly i thought, but it didnt work for me. hmmm lol

thanks for the advice still

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

ah man thank you so much lol. small victories. i think it looks great, and i really thank you for your help

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Scratch that, you fixed it.

edit on 24/1/2012 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JAsay1LOVE

Np buddy, it's basic HTML but that's a dying art form outside of forum posts lately.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Also if you dont want to type out the tags or are having problems with them just open up a post and use the link button. Copy the resulting code and then cancel the post.

top topics

join