It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

I am not 'my mind'. I am the seer and knower of mind, but it is not mine.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
this topic has brothered me for some time now, I have read many writings and books on many topics and what helped me understand what time is was Einstein (from my philosophy instructer). We see time as a clock ticking away creating some ripple effect acrross the universe, time and space are part of the same and are time is patterns we can masure. so real time are moments set in one direction that we know of as of todays studys, so before grouping time by it self we should clump it with space. like if space bends so does time, you said looking at the far coners of space we are looking in time what if space is just bent like a wave and this wave is caring time with it.
great writing, i just found this site and did not think i would find anything good I was wrong i hope to bump into you again sometime.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

I am not 'my mind'. I am the seer and knower of mind, but it is not mine.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

You are your mind, as is everyOne!

Just as you are what you eAt!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

PHIL! WOW! and I mean...WOW! Not to many people have the ability to surprise me but I have to admit...you have done a good job at it.

I really can't get upset or angry with you because you have actually allowed me to get a feeling that I rarely get anymore...surprise! To me it's kind of like a gift so...Thank You! I actually enjoyed the several replies!

I must say again i wasn't trying to make you look silly...but if that's how you feel...who am I to say different. I can only say that I think yet again you are not really getting what it was I was trying to convey but...what the Hell! LOL! At least I got some entertainment out of the whole thing! LOL!

Good Luck with your topic...I am sure you will have your group of people that agree or understand as well as your detractors...I am neither....I am just looking at the whole thing in a way that I guess you still feel is some kind of insult but again...What the Hell! YOU SURPRISED ME! It's like Christmas Morning and Big Box under the tree! LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

I am not mind and i am not time.
I am timeless.

Mind is interchangable with time. Time can not exist without mind and mind can not exist without time. The illusion of time made in the illusionary mind can not exist without the presence that I am.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
God is not time.
God is presence.
Presence is present now.
It is the present that is here now.
Be present with the presence of everything that is.

Time can only exist as a thought, as a memory or an anticipation.
Come to the father through this moment or turn your back on him and live in the world of thoughts of past and future where fear and desire rule.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I am not mind and i am not time.
I am timeless.

Mind is interchangable with time. Time can not exist without mind and mind can not exist without time. The illusion of time made in the illusionary mind can not exist without the presence that I am.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Time created the Mind and your mind is lost in a Time-Warp.

You remind me of a movie - Land of the Lost.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

God is not time.
God is presence.
Presence is present now.
It is the present that is here now.
Be present with the presence of everything that is.

Time can only exist as a thought, as a memory or an anticipation.
Come to the father through this moment or turn your back on him and live in the world of thoughts of past and future where fear and desire rule.

"God/Source Thinks and Time happens!" - Old Toad Proverb

So you are correct that Time can only exist as Thought, for it is Thought of the Collective Consciousess of the Universe that creates Time, the very Time you are wasting being Stupid.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

i am going to take my time with you....you deserve it. I'll be back later.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JonathanNicholas

I agree with you, at least in part!

Here:

Death and pain and finiteness are the source of reality as we know it and the anxiety as well.

I am developing an idea about living and dying and was going to make a post today in The Grey Area, but haven't got around to it. Just imagine that a person (who will live forever) is on their 600th year and realizes they're a different person compared to their 500th year. A different person just like how people today are different on earth. Consider that the difference is the same. So this person who has lived 600 years has undergone several deaths and rebirths of his/her self. It's my argument, right now, that we live forever through each other and our children. The differences between us are equal to the differences between the changing selves of the hypothetical person that lives forever. The individual selves of this person represent the combination of body, character and personality into one distinct identity.

I could rephrase it as The Many Selves of the Eternal Person.

If we lived forever, we could not stay as hte same person. We may be able to keep the same body, but our opinions will likely change. We will be as someone else when compared to our previous self.

Just started having these thoughts the other day. A while back, maybe a year or two, I had thoughts about how maybe we're like the separate beams of color that break out from a single beam of light. It was not completely related or like what I am thinking now, but the similarities exist. I have for a long time been mentally battling anxieties about death and circumstance. These thoughts reflect this internal war.

Something else that got me thinking the other day was a thought experiment. Let us say that we had a teleporter device that can instantly copy and transmit us to any point in space. But it has a precondition that the original copy is destroyed. So when you step onto the transporter and get transmitted, you will instantly be killed. You will be re-animated at your destination and recall no death or pause in the teleportation. It's an interesting thought. It's not my own. Most of my thoughts are not my own.

If we can see enough of ourselves in others and also realize that living forever means changing then we can grasp the meaning of all this and maybe it will help us spiritually cope with our own mortality.
edit on 28-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There is No Time. You cannot take a measurement in infinity. So its a perceptional clock in a story book, where your clock program that ticks in your head, akin to a computer program, simulated is clocked to your star size, distance and orbit. Though do we actually move? In this matrix?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
There is No Time. You cannot take a measurement in infinity. So its a perceptional clock in a story book, where your clock program that ticks in your head, akin to a computer program, simulated is clocked to your star size, distance and orbit. Though do we actually move? In this matrix?

There is Time and you can take a measurement of Infinity when it moves in finite.

Law of Time - Time is a linear constant, always moving forward in increments of finite and that which occupies Time, must also occupy Space.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Time did not create mind. It is mind that imagines time. Time is no more than an imagining, a projection, a fabrication occuring now.
Only now is. Everything, including time, appears now.
Please remember, stupid is in the eye of the beholder.
edit on 29-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Time is what separates you from God. God is right here and right now but humans deny God by believing in time. Time is not true. Tomorrow and yesterday are no more than words that produce the illusion of time, tomorrow and yesterday have never been experienced. Now is true and real. Experience can only happen now.

Lost in time, lost in mind made delusion.
I am can only be found now.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

it is clear from ur posts that u r more smart then uglybutt

time by definition is relative objective what is relative by definition do not exist what dont exist is not true, what is not true dont matter
but what matter is real, so yea even in truth concept we reach same conclusions

in truth time is future sense while in truth future do not exist so future concept is only the sense that confirm present existence that become from absolutely real

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
if we think about only the life on this planet,.,. it has been circling around, close to similar route for thousands and thousands and thousands of years.,. ancient people viewed constellations and their placement in the sky relatively
stable ( precession is kinda the standard deviation of our solar systems travel through the galaxy)

the earth has just be cycling and cycling,.. birthing and evolving life.., humans one of its more recent and proud creations,.,. we are caught up with big things like the linear time of the universe when we can hardly hold on for dear life, for 80 spins around the sun,,.

evolution does seem to be a process of creating efficiency, along with other desirable factors for a living being., that upward strive for efficient evolution can be seen as a craving for levels of perfection and stability., i can imagine millions of years ago the life forms to be impressed with the complex creatures of today. their forms and functions, much like a human from the early 1900s would be impressed by a ferrari,,. or any of the modern achievements of man,.

in this way i am viewing the phenomenon of humanity., the social, scientific, technological, psychological,. philosophical,. growth of the collected species a direct product of unimaginably complex and uncountable interactions of man over this linear course of human history,. and yet linked very closely is the concept of cycles., of a 3-d wave, making a swirl,. a linear path drawing the cycle of a circle.,.

what it comes down to is if man think himself precious in the least bit,. and wish to have order on this earth for the future., he think all man precious., and make order benefit all man,.,to me that is what the process of earths cycle, and evolution dictates.,

to me that is the concept of the philosophers stone.,. the smoothing and sphering., and perfecting,. of the soul., the knowing spirit,. the consciousness,. over time,. as a river smoothes stone., as a planet reaches its most stable state,.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Ironically I often tell people Time Doesn't Exist

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by truthinfact

it may be that time does not exist,,. but it can be made to exist, and then used as a tool..

what came first the ruler or the inch?

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Here is a really good example of what I mean. This is the DVD player and DVD analogy I was given. Time isn't linear. Also, as a perception, its more like events, and possible events. Some of this relates to the Double Slit Experiment and there are various degrees of probabilities and realities. In answering an email question regarding time, somewhat near the bottom of the page:

montalk.net...

Linear time is an illusion in the sense that all alternate pasts and probable futures along with parallel presents exist simultaneously. It’s just a big, complicated, set of possibilities frozen in a single eternal moment.

However, there is still a kind of “time” that separates one freewill choice from the one that comes after, that separates your less wise self from your wiser self after having learned new lessons. It’s just that those lessons and choices don’t necessarily have to follow the stream of linear time from past to future. They can span different timelines, different lives, go forward and backward in time, alter the past, change the future, shift in the present, etc…

Think of time like a large library of DVDs. All those movies exist simultaneously. But only as mere possibilities. Maybe some friends of yours have rented a few an are playing them right now, while the rest sit on the shelf. But it’s you and your DVD player that creates a sequence of what is played for you. And you can play them in any order, rewind them, pause them, etc… though while watching them, time within the movie moves forward. Is the time in a movie real? No, the beginning, middle, and end are simultaneous, unless you’re a character in the movie then it’s real.

posted on Jan, 29 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I had a dream, maybe a week ago or a little longer. In that dream first of all, something bad was happening, but it was like a setup. And my family where there, it felt very real. Then as I was waking up, as oft times happens, the Guide/Angel who had showed me this, tells me something so I remember it and realize this dream was different, a lesson. She said, (exact words not recalled) that this was all probability and possibility, akin to the double slit as I understood it. Everything.

We're all in an illusion, that while in this probability or illusion feels very real and is real to us while "in time", though we often escape in dreams, or obe's, or various experiences, and when we're outside this looking in, its like the DVD player above, where we're exploring reality and progressing, learning lessons, in that sense the progression is real for there exists the moments we were less wise and then more learned. But this is more event related than time flow related.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join