It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Time

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I thought god was the 10th dimension itself. Not alive or dead, it just is what it is a system of everything that exist.

It's the 8th, actually, which also serves as the beginning of the 1st. It's basically a giant cycle.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I am sorry i am not here to prove anyone wrong or even be right but here's what came out:

It is the mystery. It is so complicated that no mind can work it out. That's why God is so great, it is a miracle this life. What is it??
It is happening and we are aware that there is something going on. The world is experienced, measured and named and books are written about life, god, science. We stop feeling and sensing in the moment and instead refer to our intellect, our knowledge, knowledge that is old news and conditioned. We no longer feel alive because we are displaced, fragmented, life feels hard and hurts.

The fact that we are aware is a fact. There is awareness, I know that I am, I can not negate that. The thing that should be studied is that aware presence that is you and is continually there. Our true nature underneath the mind made delusion that sees and hears without words is peaceful and still, it is all seeing, all knowing and ever present.
youtu.be...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

It seems as though, as personal and knowable and as “revealed” as you want your God to be, there is still some level of uncertainty behind his actual “god-ality”.

I acknowledge that the ultimate bridge between myself and the infinite is faith. That is unavoidable. I know full well that there are plenty of gentiles and Jews out there with a copious knowledge of Judaism/Kabbalah and who still prefer to entertain doubts about his existence; and if not his existence, at least his pretension of being the "almighty" in the absolute sense. This is something that has been the main attack - for those esoteric philosophers - against the religion of the Jews.

The Gnostics were the first to develop a doctrine that identified the God of Israel with Plato's demiurgus. The argument is thus: YHVH means 'being', and being is below non-being. This is the essential doctrine of both the Gnostics and the esoterica of the new Testament. YHVH is the God of form, and from a modern perspective, he has been conjectured to be the objectification of the human ego - the form or order creating faculty of consciousness. Thus, all philosophers/occultists of the esoteric persuasion, HP Blavatsky, Aleister Crowlety, Rene Guenon, Manly P Hall, Frithjof Schuon, Julius Evola etc, all take the time to point out in their works the falsity of the Hebrew God, the God of Israel.

That being said, aside from this ontological explanation of why there are those who deny the existence of the God of Israel, I believe as I do because I have a fairly thorough knowledge, in my opinion, of many different schools of thought, particularly religious esotericism, and I believe in the God of Israel because the religion He established is so drastically different from all the others. This again is something pointed out time and again by the above named philosophers/esotericists. Not only is it unique, but it is undoubtedly divine in origin. Study the language, and the Torah itself, and that will be plainly apparent. And lastly, perhaps I am motivated by personal, "emotional", reasons. After all, there's not a single person who can claim perfect 'objectivity'. At the end of the day, there is always some powerful feeling which drives our opinions, no matter how cerebral and abstractly thought out they may be, there is always a base assumption (feeling) which generates thought.

I tend to agree, somewhat with William James that each of us choose the belief system, or religion, which suits our immediate needs. In an entirely practical sense, this to me supplies a basic explanation for human belief. But, I don't confuse this 'practical' opinion for proof that everything is relative, human belief is arbitrary, and thus of no objective worth. My metaphysics supersedes this lower, mundane explanation. Above this stands a belief that due to the influences of the times were living in, there is an intellectual darkness that clouds the clear light of reason; of value, and of purpose, and so, despite the incredible progress made in the physical sciences, man still stands outside real knowledge of God. And I even place those 'mystics' who know God in an abstract and philosophical sense, and even those who relate to God in the personal sense as well, because they fail or haven't been granted an understanding of how God relates with physical and temporal realm, namely, in history and events. The God of Israel, after all, is a God of History, or Time, hence, the Shabbath - his holy day, corresponds with Shabbati - Saturn - which is the day of the week which embodies the principle of time - while the first six days the 6 dimensions of the spatial realm (up,down,left,right,forward,back).

Entirely within the realm of fact? It is superfluously generous to put the assumption of the existence of ANY god into the realm of fact.

I meant it in the academic sense, of course.

The temple alone is a complete baldfaced counterfeit. The Torah, it's stories and it's god are a plagiarism of a collection of cultures and religions. But look at who I talking to here, I'm sure you'll fill in what I leave vague.

You do often assume to know more than you actually do. Have you read the documentary hypothesis? I'm guessing you have, since you seem to think the entire Torah is a compilation of stories. Here's an update: the hypothesis, or more so, the source theory it is based upon, has been proven to be wholly arbitrary, and worse, a deliberate hoax. Read up on Umberto Cassuto and study if you get the chance literary analysis of the Bible.

I do not deny that stories, particularly a FEW (and not the whole bible, as is wantonly asserted by ignoramuses), in the book of Genesis specifically, have their origin in Babylonian creation myth, like the enuma elish; but that doesn't mean everything in the Bible is derivative.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
...and even more emphatically, it does not mean that the Bible is a hodgepodge of random stories.

The Bible is a book of METAPHYSICS. A belief system is contained beneath it's veneer of narratives, and this is apart of the Jewish Esoteric tradition.

Do you feel that Moses wrote the books to which he is credited? If so, how do you reconcile the differences in style? If not who wrote them?

As a matter of tradition, I believe that a man named Moses existed, and He received the 5 books of the Bible at mount Sinai, after the Hebrews, the people of Israel, departed the land of Egypt. Though, I don't make too much of an issue of it. Those only exposed to the exoteric doctrine - the outer garb, concern themselves with defending this dogma, as if the entire Torah were dependent on it. I don't. I know the metaphysics of the Bible, I read Hebrew, and I am completely sold on it's wisdom. This is the main motivating factor for why I believe.

Like I said earlier, each book focuses on some aspect of the divine theosophy. The book of Genesis literally deals with 'beginnings' or the primordial condition. The book of Exodus ventures into a mystical theology of how man is to escape the trappings of ordinary physicality, and enter into a relationship with the divine creator. The many stops, for instance, on the Israelites trek from Egypt (Mitzrayim is related to the word Mitzarim, 'straits') to the Holy land are spiritual 'places' or archetypes/states, that one must pass through before he reaches a state of enlightened connection with the One God. The name of the book - shemoth - names, also reveals a very deep concept. Names are the realities of the world we exist in. Names are individualized things; thus, the book of Exodus gives explanation to the 'names', to this world, to WHY it is, and for what purpose it is.

The substantial difference between Judaism and all other religions can be explained thusly: All other spiritual philosophies concentrate on the All - the absolute, in complete rejection of the particular and multiple. Hobbes called this All 'leviathan', and indeed, that is its esoteric idea; a Levi Yathan is a 'great' (aytan) Levi (or connector); it is the sum total of all its parts. It swallows them up and consumes their individuality within its overriding system. Levi, the tribe of Israel that was later on removed from the count of tribes and 'set aside', is actually a principle, or the principle, of Israelite governance. The 12 tribes of course correspond to the 12 signs of the Zodiac or the 12 lines of a cube. It refers to the totality of existence. Each tribe is granted a place within physicality (the land of Israel, as per the esoteric doctrine, is a microcosm of creation. Each of its 12 areas correspond to the physical dimension) to rest, but the tribe of Levite, the levitical principle, as its called by sociologist Shmuel Trigano, is the almighty, on earth, and hence, like the almighty (being his representatives) they receive a tithe for their service rendered to the community. They are imbedded within each of the 12 tribes, given 48 cities throughout the domain of Israel. The levitical principle is God - the ONE, within the PARTICULAR and MULTIPLE. It is not the all which overwhelms and thus obliterates creation, its particularity and reason - but is the ONE, the ALL transformed into it's created context. Instead of unity being established through COUNTING each part, and thus settling a total by the parts which make it up, the ONE is UNCOUNTABLE - hence the prohibition. God is MORE then his sum parts. He is also BEYOND, he is the OTHER. As Viktor Frankl, the great psychoanalyst once noted, Self is found not through SELF, but through SELF TRANSCENDENCE, which means, by absorbing yourself in the OTHER i.e. GOD.

Judaism is an altogether different system; metaphysically, theologically, sociologically. Hence the hatred for the Jewish people which emanates from the higher echelons down to the lower classes, via propaganda.

The holocaust was no "mistake", but a carefully crafted murder of the greatest obstacle to the One World Order of the elite - Gnostic - classes.

As Alice Bailey, who founded Lucis Trust, a UN sponsored spiritual body said in her book "Plan for the New World Order," in the section on the "reorganization of world religions," that Goal No. 2 calls for:

The gradual dissolution - again if in any way possible - of the Orthodox Jewish faith, with its obsolete teaching, its separative emphasis."

What a bizarre thing to mention, first, 4 years after the holocaust, where indeed, by 'any means necessary' 1 3rd of world Jewry was liquidated, by even more so, to make an issue of such a small contingent of world Jewry - the orthodox jew.

It should be mentioned, orthodox is a misnomer, which really carries meaning post haskalah, or 'jewish enlightenment, which was concurrent with the european enlightenment of the 18th century. Before then, ALL jews were "Orthodox

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
..or followers of general Jewish tradition..

The proposed depth of the metaphysical and metaphoric nature of the first 5 books of the Torah imply that they aren't intended to be digested by the masses at all really.

The same can be said about all traditions. Do all Hindus understand the Vedanta? Do all Christians, or for that matter, even 1/100th, know the inner gnostic teachings which vivify their traditions? On the contrary, in fact, their inner doctrine boldly contradicts their outer doctrine. So Judaism is not different here.

But, it is obviously desired that in the 'messianic' age, everyone will come to a more thorough knowledge of the Holy scriptures. But again, everything follows the wisdom of God. The book is a reflection of creation, the Talmud says; in the beginning, is it coarse and unrefined (or not understood), but at the end, it will be seen for what it is: similarly, Creation was taken for what it appears to be for so long, before the advent of the modern age (which, I just love to mention, was predicted by the ancient mystical Jewish text, the Zohar, ) which peeled away at the mythic image of the past and showed creation for the incredibly complex laws and processes that govern creation. In the past, only a small contingent understood that creation followed certain spiritual laws (these being the metaphysical laws contained in axiom 'as above, so below'), but today, all people are coming to understand that. What still has yet to be explained, is how the metaphysical and physical laws unite, although this is something that many philosophers speculate is bound to be uncovered later on, as we near closer to the 'new age'.

Actually, that exact process is outlined in the scripture as a virtuous methodology for the instruction and the passing down of knowledge for the chosen people.

That's ridiculous. for very sound metaphysical, and psychological reasons, the esoteric dimension remained in the hands of those who had the intellectual prowess to understand it, and translate it for the masses. Fact is: not everyone excels in the same thing. Some people are suited for a more material oriented life, while others, for abstract subjects. Many times i try to explain abstract things to people and I find that I have to 'clothe' my explanations in a more reduced and imprecise terminology in order for them to absorb its meaning. Similarly, the Bible 'clothes' itself, in moral language. It's not 'elitism'.

is based on the CONCEPT of god.

Interesting that you decapitalize the god in this statement, while the name of your thread has God, with a capital, implying that you God, in the absolute sense, is time.

In no way can God be reduced to time, nor can time be elevated to God. Time, like all other attributes of existence, is but an aspect.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

Since most of the universe is lifeless, is it therefore largely Godless?

I'd like to answer that One!

Since that statement is based on YOU/We being Life, what If YOU/We aren't True Life?

You are basing your postulations on faulty input and thus, the old rule of GIGO applies!

YOU/We are kNot Life! We are Artificial Life and Artificial Intelligence and dumber than a turd and you clearly proved the latter.

Every molecule of matter is alive and considering matter comprises the entire Universe, God is Everywhere!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

You are thinking literally. There is life on every plane, because all energy is alive. We simply haven't discovered it yet. We don't know everything about outer space, so don't act like there is no possibility.

Pee On!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by filosophia

The sun is not eternal. It is limited to this solar system, universe, and dimension. It will end... fantastically. Time transends all the limitations of the sun.

I will worship niether. There is no God but the one in the mind.

You are a god.
We are all God, and the whole Planet of God, and the solar system is God...because we came from and are of God. We are the tiny skin flakes on his skin. We are the pores in his flesh. We are part of him, and so we are the same as him...just smaller.

We are demigods, but we are asleep.
edit on CWednesdayam060642f42America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

We are kNot God, but WE is their God.

their = humans

We = humans
WE = WE the Souls
God/Source = Everything = Universe

God/Source is WE's Mother and WE is the True Children of God, the Children of Zion, and this Spatial Verse of the Universe is God's/Source's mYnd that WE share with Her, along with sharing a Collective Consciousness as One (i.e. WE is the Borg), and God's/Source's mYnd is WE's playground, WE's Sandbox.

Humans are to the Universe what a turd in a litterbox is to the Cat.

WE are Inside Everything and Everything is Inside WE, all the while being stuck in the Middle of Time at the Center of the Universe for an Eternity." - Old Toad Proverb

Get IT right, StarChild!

"The Conceptual & Perceptual is what We use to decipher the Physical but if your Prism of Logic has a flaw, the colors will be distorted." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

Ps: I thoUght eYe'd add that WE is God's Creation and all carbon based lifeformes (i.e. humans) are WE's Creation. Humans are WE's play-things in WE's Sandbox.
WE created YOU to learn from and WE power YOU with WE.

Power'd by wee = Toad

edit on 1-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

There is only one God, so we can not be gods. God is the happening, God is this unfolding, the unfolding is happening now presently. No one is doing life, it is just happening. You are happening. There are not two things happening.

I hate to bust your bubble butt you are in 3 places at the same Time.

Here, There, and Everywhere.

You just don't remember your True Home and, as is quite apparent, your True Intelligence.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alyssa
I thought god was the 10th dimension itself. Not alive or dead, it just is what it is a system of everything that exist.

It's the 8th, actually, which also serves as the beginning of the 1st. It's basically a giant cycle.

"God/Source is Everything; Time is God/Source in Motion; Thought is Time in Motion; Logic is Thought in Motion; Love is Logic in Motion; Life is Love in Motion; Math is Life/Numbers in Motion. Rinse & Repeat." - Old Toad Proverb

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

You may 'think' you are in more than one place at a 'time' because you are lost in time. The mind is not really a time machine it just thinks it is...it is deluded.

I know where i am at all times, i am here and now.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I am sorry i am not here to prove anyone wrong or even be right but here's what came out:

It is the mystery. It is so complicated that no mind can work it out. That's why God is so great, it is a miracle this life. What is it??
It is happening and we are aware that there is something going on. The world is experienced, measured and named and books are written about life, god, science. We stop feeling and sensing in the moment and instead refer to our intellect, our knowledge, knowledge that is old news and conditioned. We no longer feel alive because we are displaced, fragmented, life feels hard and hurts.

The fact that we are aware is a fact. There is awareness, I know that I am, I can not negate that. The thing that should be studied is that aware presence that is you and is continually there. Our true nature underneath the mind made delusion that sees and hears without words is peaceful and still, it is all seeing, all knowing and ever present.

I love how you think everyOne is as stupid as yew!

Just because you are incapable of figuring out the Truth, doesn't mean nobody can't! Yew are pathetically human!

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You may 'think' you are in more than one place at a 'time' because you are lost in time. The mind is not really a time machine it just thinks it is...it is deluded.

I know where i am at all times, i am here and now.

No yew are kNot just here and now!

Your Soul is still in the Verse below this One, attached/connected to yew via Time, and considering your Soul is One with the Universe, your Soul is Here, There, and Everywhere, butt because you are dumber than a turd, yew refuse to see the truth when it has been repeatedly shown to yew butt that's a sheep for yew, they flock with the pack.

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

Interesting that you decapitalize the god in this statement, while the name of your thread has God, with a capital, implying that you God, in the absolute sense, is time.

In no way can God be reduced to time, nor can time be elevated to God. Time, like all other attributes of existence, is but an aspect.

I find it interesting how yew've bought into what yew've been taught and yew refuse to find the truth on your own.

"There are nOne so Blind as those that will kNot sEe with their One eYe and nOne so Deaf as those that will kNot hEar with their One eAr and nOne so Lame as those that will kNot wAlk on their One fOOt!" - Old Toad Proverb

What you said about God, is WRONG! Time is an integral part of God, IT is God's Thought!

"God/Source Thinks and Time happens!" - Old Toad Proverb

You are a product of your enviroment/education and when Wrong is the Teacher, Wrong is the Student, and Two Wrongs don't make a Right.

Yew are what you eAt and you've been fed chit your entire life, sew yew dew tha Math on that One!

Ribbit

edit on 1-2-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Fantastic reply. Thank you so much for concisely covering so much ground and for the recommended reading.

I'm not likely to ever agree with you but that doesn't mean I can't respect and admire your knowledge base and diligence.

P.S. I capitalized God in the thread name because it's proper to capitalize the first letter of a sentence but yes, from the perspective of my thesis, God is Time. But do I believe what I'm arguing? If you still think I do, then.....
edit on 1-2-2012 by Philodemus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

something cool about this is you are a writer and you must dig words.... perhaps you have heard the statement;

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God

or; the word is god

a little something ive thought about this if you dont mind.....

this idea of intelligence,, of labeling.,,, of rule and law,,

the fact that language, communication is one of the biggest necessities for understanding and cooperation between humans,,god is the word... if it werent for language how would anything humans do get done,, if it werent for the word...
if it werent for the physical laws governing the universe how would all the forces cooperate, and keep forms and order..

humans use reason and logic within these concepts of language, to create mathematically precise laws to keep humans in order. ( that is the original intent at least,, the intention are pure of most of the ten commandments)

the word, the concept, the thought, is the driving force for action,,, for knowledge, for progression,, the organizing, understanding, and utilizing information for a purpose..

the language is the code of operation... its allows you to create and know yourself,,. to muster up original thoughts,,,

ohh and another way it fits, is to speak the word, humans use an extremely complex and highly numbered system of vibrations from their voice-box,.,.

the uni verse,.,. is the spoken word of god,.., the universe is pretty much made of vibrations, and harmonics, waves of collected energies,.which form different systems of functions and event,. some or many may even allow purpose, meaning, quest, and drama to exist...

i dont need you to say god doesn't exist, i use the term god to describe something that is beyond me, i did not create this universe, i know little about it,, because of it i was able to sprout temporarily on this planet,, and the essence of i, will be contained within it eternally,,., in eternal time i have been born once,.,. maybe it is foolish to assume that i will not come again..

just a thought... your a cool dude,, i dont claim to know or be anything, i dont need to, or need to be,,, just trying to see what i think.. and think what i see..

edit on 1-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God

or; the word is god

O = 15
N = 14
E = 5

15 + 14 + 5 = 34 = 3 + 4 = 7 = G (7th letter of alphabet) = 3rd symbol in the center of Mason's Symbol

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was God"

That werd is ONE!

The reason whY it's said that 7 is God's Number is:

7 = ONE

Ribbit

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

trying to find more examples i quickly came across this,, has some more meanings of the number 7 if your interested... i think its toadly cool.

www.betemunah.org...

the more stand out ones,, color, dimension, sound...
edit on 1-2-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

So scripture that was written a thousand years ago in Greek is some how numerologically corrolated to english words today?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join