It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Time

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

When you are no longer identified with the mind, the 'me' disappears and like you said you become everything.
That mind is not yours anyway, it is conditioned. The inner silence is the real you, you are the nothing that is everything.
You had a glimpse of the eternal.

edit on 31-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

When you are no longer identified with the mind, the 'me' disappears and like you said you become everything.
That mind is not yours anyway, it is conditioned. The inner silence is the real you, you are the nothing that is everything.
You had a glimpse of the eternal.

It's Time's like this One that yew are on the money with what you say but you can't see the truth of the Y.

The Y is made of THREE parts, ALL leading to the CENTER and YEW are the CENTER!
Which, If applied to Time, the top Two parts are the Past & Future and the bottom part is the Present, and yew are the Center and yew are forwardly experiencing the Present (Now) but the Now doesn't exist without the Then & When.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

because without every single event happening in the past, including the daily story of your life, you would not be where you are right now in the now, and you would not be as you are( you would not be "you")

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

What do you think is the best way for a human to live on this planet? ( your answer: there is no best way, every thing is subjective, evil, absolute true freedom nothing...)

What do you think is the best for Human's living on this planet?

how would your philosophy express itself over the living population?

in your mind how would you like to see humans living on this planet in order to align with your absolute understanding of absolute truth?

or you just see everything as total choas? and trying to control with order, or language or progress, is just misunderstood chaos? there is no way for a human, which is some grotesque mutation, deviation of a long ago perfect form, to do anything true or good, because it shouldnt exist? because its not free?

i really dont get what you are trying to say or express..

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

because without every single event happening in the past, including the daily story of your life, you would not be where you are right now in the now, and you would not be as you are( you would not be "you")

YOU = Y x 0 = U

Ask NOthing, be U!

Ask All, be WE!

Ribbit

edit on 31-1-2012 by ButtUglyToad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonathanNicholas
I would also like to apologize to Philo and company in advance for what is sure to be poor spelling and even worse grammar.

We use very little of our Brains true capabilities...and thought in ALPHA Wave state tends to be the key to accessing past...present...and future. CATS brains are always in ALPHA state and it has been proven that a pet...especially a DOG who also can do this...WILL KNOW....at a tested maximum of 9 minutes that their owner is coming home.
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Can you please list references to these so called tests? 9 minutes of ALPHA wave state induced clairvoyance for pets? Negative, no such experiments exist. At least no reputable ones.

The FBI and Law Enforcement use these people often to locate Bodies or Lost Children with some amazing sucess...

Again, sources please. The use of the word "sensitives" perplexes me. How does "sensitive" differ from what we refer to as "psychic"? Nevermind, it is irrelevant your "sensitives" have never had one single success let alone "amazing" successes.

there are other types of Sensitives that are Hired for Military Applications. Although these programs ran heavy in both the U.S. and CCCP during the Cold War...they are not dead. I have witnessed a form of ability called Remote Viewing...I was like...Ya...Right! This is not going to work! But It DID! And to a degree that I would never have believed.

Once again if you please a list of references to successful repeated experiments. Remote viewing has been a proven failure for many years. Even our military cut funding when not a shred of hard data was produced.(again, repeatable experiments)
I'm sorry to go off your topic but I find it fascinating how on the one hand you seem to know what you are talking about when it comes to science (you certainly know much more than I do about physics) and yet you have allowed yourself to fall prey to what I believe to be preposterous notions of animal psychic abilites,psychic detectives and remote viewing. Even the most rudimentary investigations into these proven hoaxes will declare beyond shadow of doubt that not a shred of recordable data exists to support these pseudoscientific theories. Please accept I do not mean to sound harsh as I am sure you will have your share of things to say about this. (and I respectfully await your response) I just don't understand, are the thoughts that you you shared with us on this thread regarding space and time NOT based on proven science?. All I can say is you had me at "dangerous people job" but you lost me at "pet psychic detectives"
P.S.
We use MUCH more of our brains than many prefer to believe. The idea that we as humans only use 10% of our brain is yet another myth that has been debunked by science many,many moons ago.The fact is it is now believed that over the course of a day we use 100% of our brains.
P.P.S
Again, I read what you typed about your dangerous people job description. Please don't kill me.

LOL! Don't Worry! My Job is to Solve Problems...my associates on the other hand.....
My information except one is all first hand knowledge....the one thing that is not was the DOG and CAT testing...I actually watched several shows about this and I will try to list them as it was a while back. I think one was on 60 MINUTES or DATELINE...but I could be wrong...there was something on DISCOVERY and NOVA.

As for the other information...I can only talk about things that are either no longer classified or have come out in the media in one form or another as it is now Public Information. My JOB..."CIVILIAN" in nature is only one of a total of three jobs I have. I am a World Class Entertainer and although I am older...I still tour and I have been in the Studio reunited with my original Drummer who besides Neil from RUSH is the best there is. I also help run several sucessful family Buisnesses....but because my MOM was "CIVILIAN" and my Dad was Military as well as most of my family...and because my Mom and Dad are two very smart people with Multiple Degrees and I was always on a SAC base when i was just a KID playing in the USAF Generals office while my Mom helped run the covert B-52 Bombing runs in Laos and Cambodia when the NVC and Viet Cong were avoiding the Ho Chi Minh trail as we were pounding it...we ran Black Ops raids into Laos and Cambodia while Nixon lied his ass off.

I started playing in a band at a young age and was very good...I also was hevily recruited my Military Intell. at my High School as that was how it was done back then...I tested very high on multiple tests....174 IQ....over 1500 in SATS took a Psych test that detrmined I had a cetain...Moral Flexibility...plus since I was once chubby as a young kid I over compensated and was Running....continued

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

continued....5 to 7 miles a day...RUNNING not jogging. I could jog over 20 miles and still can run 5 miles but I won't do it on ROAD anymore but over a track or a wooded path. I was also into sports and played Baseball, Tennis, Football...until I beened the coach with the ball...Chess...and loved Hockey.

I worked out with friends of mine who would all go to Iraq and Afghanistan and in Iraqs case...both wars. One of these brothers was a Wrestler in the Roman-Greco form and could bench press well over 500lbs. So this led me to lifting and even though I am older...I am still muscular and quick....the only thing that almost disqualified me from being asked was my height...at 6 ft 1 inch...I was considered too tall for the job but they worked out a way to combine my Celebrity with my travels and in the field no one would recognize me even though I have EXTREMELY LONG HAIR....and although this is great for the band...it is a liability when fighting so I wrap it up in a coil atp my ..

My.."UNCLE" is the guy that saved me from the constand harrasment of the recruiters as after Vietnam...they were desperate to refill the ranks...but I am a "CIVILIAN"....and I was allowed to get a degree as well as play in a band that was big in the 80's and was signed. I have opened for Aerosmith, Heart, Robin Trower, Staind, Motley Crew....etc....I was also a Proff. Assistant for a while for a very nice Man who loved his students and always had time for questions...I try to model myself after him and my Dad and Mom as they maybe very smart...but they are ALWAYS READY TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW...from any sourse...and are not snobs.

I have worked on assignment in the Corporate world as a Jr. VP for a large Bank and these people treat others as if they are slaves or are less important...I hate this...maybe this is why I still do my third job when asked because I CAN say no...because I have been at it for over 25 years...but the two times I said no...I worried the whole time and could not sleep thinking I had let them down as these other guys are much younger than me and prone to make Young Mens mistakes...where as I have looked into the Enemies Eyes and with the one STUPID EXCEPTION OF GETTING SHOT ONCE....I can look them in the eye and know if I am looking at a real mover and shaker...this is good...if they are afraid of you then I am worried a Bomb is about to go off. But when the real enemy is there for the purpose of a meeting to sum each other up...I KNOW who is the Leader as We are prepared and they do not want to present the brains and serve them up to us.

The whole purpose of these meetings is to cut through all the talk that one side says about the other such as Americans are week or as example...a Taliban Leader is and wants to destroy America....the real enemy leadership uses others by envoking Religion into the equasion....this can turn a normal Man into a Fanatic and if not...they round up his family and say...drive this bomb laden truck into the U.S, Base or we shoot your wife and children...if you do this...they will be well taken care of...another lie. I know who these people are by looking them in the eyes...if they look back and don't blink and keep focus with my eyes....remember...compared to them...I am HUGE even though 6 ft. 1 inch is not that tall in the U.S....there it is tall but more than that...myself and my team are muscular...and wearing advanced body armour. Most people are afraid of us....but if a guy is staring me in the eyes...he is a Killer. It is my job to try to turn them as they change sides like we change hats...but at the same time...convey a message that says...if you double cross us....I will come back an KILL YOU! It is hard to explain how this message is conveyed and how I know when an obvious ruthless killer understands my convayence of this message...but I am still alive and I just know. It is a war of wills and as Male Club as this sounds...it is important to Become the Alpha....not by fighting or bullets...but by making others understand...we are trusting you...and paying you...if you screw us...weare smarter than you and will kill you all! This is never spoken...but it is well understood. Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

The sun is not eternal. It is limited to this solar system, universe, and dimension. It will end... fantastically. Time transends all the limitations of the sun.

I will worship niether. There is no God but the one in the mind.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

These two posts just about sum it up. Nail on the . Starchild.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I see your point and I had to think about that as well as I tried to connect the dots. All “terms” are man made. I am further developing my essay. Even now it's ballooned to over 25 pages and I'm only on the second chapter! It might not be an essay when I'm done. There are so many laws of theology, physics and psychology to consider.

What I am burdened to prove is that time exists without our conception of it (also, another important aspect of the God of the west). As you pointed out, time is merely a word or concept derived by man to explain the natural force. But such is the case for everything around us. It is a trait unique to the awareness level of man to operate off this principle of classification. It was our first job after all! LOL Gen. 2:19

My aim is to establish that time is not only a chronological benchmark here in the 4th but also a benchmark of distance in subsequent dimensions, allowing for it to be not only the way in which we experience the first 3 of our existence, but also the means by which other hypothetical beings relegate measurements of their existence in the dimensions outside of ours. Just the latter part of that last sentence some would perpend to be adequate cause to consider Time a god, no? Although it is a term coined by man, it is that force that without, we would very much have a hard time experiencing the rest of our surroundings. We wouldn't exist at all. So it almost takes the role of the “creator” as well.

If I could step outside of my thesis and place my personal opinion on the matter. I DO think that the totality of nature is closest to God. I fall very much in line with Einstein on this one. I am also pleased that you realized that this was an exercise. There are still many who assume I believe God is Time. Oh well. What are we really, other then an accumulation of our miss-communications? Glad you enjoyed. Please contribute in the future and thank you for the help!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by omarm1984

I always say that trying to understand God through words and concepts is like trying to understand colors by smelling.
To try to understand what God is you must first accept that concepts are illusions. A concept is a thought, an a thought can not be touched. Thoughts are illusions because they don't exist outside the mind. Thoughts, labels, concepts, judgements, they are all illusions. They don't have a physical existance. Time is a concept. So then what is God? God is a conceptualization of that unknown energy which is the source of all life. God is much deeper than a concept.
Before you can fully accept this I wll try to tackle your argument.

So is God a concept or not? You say he is both here.....
Freedom is a concept. And though it doesn't have physical existence it is physically perceivable... it's absence perhaps more than its presence.
Time is a concept. But it is none-the-less very real in function. You're very much aware of when you're about to run out of the stuff.
There are productive concepts and damaging ones. We get to use our faculties to discern which are which.

Why do we refer to time and God as "Father"?. I've asked myself this same question before, as well as why is the Earth called "Mother". From my perspective, all concepts are masculine because they come from the the part of the brain that rules the male sex. So concepts, such as God and time are given a masculine connotation. Things that are real, meaning that are physical and can be felt, such the Earth, are femenine, because feeling is associated with the part of the brain that dictates femenine behavior.

I love this! I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right! This is great stuff. This gives me a whole other element for the psychological need for gods in my essay. Can't wait to look into the science of this. I know that their have been studies that link the part of the brain that perceives the concept of God and the part that "feels" sex drive. Going to be fun putting it all together. Thanks!

God is refered to as the Alpha and the Omega to signify his timelessness. The best way to describe God's relation to time is that God is of no time and exists at all times.

Understood.
But if God exists at all times and your argument is that time is a concept and not real, then God does not exist at all.
Just playing.

More than a fascination with time, our culture has a deep fascination with resisting time. And this is just a sympton of an even deeper challenge that humanity is facing. This fascination is the material manifestation of our deep identification with concepts . Or better said, humanity's deeply rooted identification with an illusion, their thoughts.
If time was God, then we would be saved right now, because we're focused on it 24/7.

How could we be saved by something we are so focused on resisting?

This paragraph further solidifies the analogy of God/Time because the scripture clearly states that man does not seek God, but resists God. Thus making God's love for man all the more unconditional.
But yes, you are right. The thing that sets us apart is the thing that tears us apart.
Concept can be damning or saving. The perplexing thing is your last paragraph.

My interpretation of god is the following:
God is the energy of life.

Since most of the universe is lifeless, is it therefore largely Godless?
That is indeed a concept unverified and illusive. It therefore doesn't exist outside of your mind, by your definitions of a concept. The source of life is NO unknown energy. It is metabolism and it is VERY known and very much NOT conceptual. It may be a mystery as to how exactly metabolism got started, but the unknown doesn't imply the unknowable.

Yet, it isn't that either. Words are meaningless...

This old chestnut. Yes, technically words are meaningless. So, is the individual atom. But like atoms, string enough words together and you get something meaningful. Although words are meaningless we use them to best describe physical absolutes in an effort to define the physicality of what we see and feel. So, the concepts that they describe are indeed based in real.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Words are meaningless, feelings and perceptions are the only thing that matters because they do exist.

Feelings and perceptions matter a great deal. It might be a bit hyperbolic to say they are the ONLY thing that matters, though.
Oddly enough time is, among other things, a feeling/perception. You feel time pass. It isn't just some abstract concept. And that's what makes it so hard to define. It is a lot of things. As relative as it may be, it is a perceivable functionality of the physical universe. The many different ways in which we measure time is what is concept. You see, we have time and the idea of time. We have God and the idea of God. It's important to make the distinction.
Feelings and perceptions do exist, I agree, but in the same space as concepts and ideas; the brain. They use the same organ. They are two sides of the same coin. The just require different hormones/chemicals to be perceived by the brain. Some people are born with a psychosis that does not allow them to feel empathy. Their brains are literally blind to the chemicals triggers for empathy. Empathy does not exist to them. Thankfully, because feelings and perceptions are generated by the brain and exist in the brain, those people do not ruin the existence of empathy for the rest of us. Concepts, ideas, thoughts, feelings, and perceptions only exist if your brain is receptive. The space shuttle was a concept at one point and so was the love for my son. Both of them exist now. Death is a concept. A very REAL concept. It's much like the theory of gravity. It is a theory therefore concept. But if it only exists in your mind, then be my guest....jump.

God can not be described by words, so he can never be conceptualized.

Concepts are not limited to descriptive language. They go beyond words. I could express equality to a tribe of Aborigines without using a single word by SHOWING them how to act with equality. That is because the functionality of equality exists. It has a real-world manifestation.
Just because the idea of God is conceived to be inconceivable doesn't mean it is any more (or less) than concept. Imagine a rock so big it can't be weighed. The rock is beyond conceivability but yet, still with in the realm of concept. Even better, imagine a warehouse filled with one million crates. Your mind's eye can't see that. It is a number that can not be conceptualized even though it can be counted physically. The traffic goes all directions.

The only way to know God is by feeling God. Yes, God is feeling. To quote Jesus, Buddha, and many other spiritual gurus throughout history "God is Love"

To know something by feelings alone is to not know it at all. Feelings are subjective and relative to experience and make up only a small portion of the total validation of an item. I love my wife but it is not what I thought love was when I was fifteen. But I do not know that love I her only because I “feel” it. I know love because I ACT love. It is proactive. It is concept in motion. If love were only feeling then how would anyone else know my love for my wife to be true? Love is the manifestation of conceptual emotional response to a quantifiable external entity/thing. The more I get to know my wife the more I love her. Love is based on the knowledge of something that is within my reality. I also love my guitar. I feel a connection based on the emotion it draws from me. An emotion that can be measured and calculated with science. I can not however, love Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny, or ghosts because they aren't an actual part of my existence. Their ideas are though. I can love the idea of Santa. You can love the idea of God, whatever that may be. But you can't love God because he doesn't exist in any real way in your life. I love both the idea of my wife and my wife. And I can only do that because my wife exists.
To me, God is not perceivable, making his reality relative to whether or not you wish to believe in Him. Belief is faith. Faith is something all-together different and diabolical.
By the way Jesus never said “God is Love”.

If I could step outside of my thesis and place my personal opinion on the matter. I DO think that the totality of nature is closest to God. Thanks for the reply! Very helpful stuff! I love your opening line, it's perfect!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

And it all becomes clear!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Philodemus

Humans resist God by being so wrapped up in time. God is now, God is presence. The human mind can do nothing with now because it is too late, it's happening. Life is happening now. There is no life in the past and there is no life in the future, life is now alive not later.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Vampires can not stand the light. The light is here and now. Vampires are sucking the blood of others because they only know the darkness of mind. Mind works with future and past and never sees the light of now.
What's wrong with right now unless you 'think' (mind) about it? The mind is fearful and is always looking to protect, it thinks it can rework the past into a better future. Life is completey missed when it is spend entirely in the ., it uses now as a stepping stone to something better, this includes using people.
God is presence.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus

I always say that trying to understand God through words and concepts is like trying to understand colors by smelling.
To try to understand what God is you must first accept that concepts are illusions. A concept is a thought, an a thought can not be touched. Thoughts are illusions because they don't exist outside the mind. Thoughts, labels, concepts, judgements, they are all illusions. They don't have a physical existance. Time is a concept. So then what is God? God is a conceptualization of that unknown energy which is the source of all life. God is much deeper than a concept.
Before you can fully accept this I wll try to tackle your argument.

So is God a concept or not? You say he is both here.....
Freedom is a concept. And though it doesn't have physical existence it is physically perceivable... it's absence perhaps more than its presence.
Time is a concept. But it is none-the-less very real in function. You're very much aware of when you're about to run out of the stuff.
There are productive concepts and damaging ones. We get to use our faculties to discern which are which.

Why do we refer to time and God as "Father"?. I've asked myself this same question before, as well as why is the Earth called "Mother". From my perspective, all concepts are masculine because they come from the the part of the brain that rules the male sex. So concepts, such as God and time are given a masculine connotation. Things that are real, meaning that are physical and can be felt, such the Earth, are femenine, because feeling is associated with the part of the brain that dictates femenine behavior.

I love this! I hadn't even thought of that, but you're right! This is great stuff. This gives me a whole other element for the psychological need for gods in my essay. Can't wait to look into the science of this. I know that their have been studies that link the part of the brain that perceives the concept of God and the part that "feels" sex drive. Going to be fun putting it all together. Thanks!

God is refered to as the Alpha and the Omega to signify his timelessness. The best way to describe God's relation to time is that God is of no time and exists at all times.

Understood.
But if God exists at all times and your argument is that time is a concept and not real, then God does not exist at all.
Just playing.

More than a fascination with time, our culture has a deep fascination with resisting time. And this is just a sympton of an even deeper challenge that humanity is facing. This fascination is the material manifestation of our deep identification with concepts . Or better said, humanity's deeply rooted identification with an illusion, their thoughts.
If time was God, then we would be saved right now, because we're focused on it 24/7.

How could we be saved by something we are so focused on resisting?

This paragraph further solidifies the analogy of God/Time because the scripture clearly states that man does not seek God, but resists God. Thus making God's love for man all the more unconditional.
But yes, you are right. The thing that sets us apart is the thing that tears us apart.
Concept can be damning or saving. The perplexing thing is your last paragraph.

My interpretation of god is the following:
God is the energy of life.

Since most of the universe is lifeless, is it therefore largely Godless?
That is indeed a concept unverified and illusive. It therefore doesn't exist outside of your mind, by your definitions of a concept. The source of life is NO unknown energy. It is metabolism and it is VERY known and very much NOT conceptual. It may be a mystery as to how exactly metabolism got started, but the unknown doesn't imply the unknowable.

Yet, it isn't that either. Words are meaningless...

This old chestnut. Yes, technically words are meaningless. So, is the individual atom. But like atoms, string enough words together and you get something meaningful. Although words are meaningless we use them to best describe physical absolutes in an effort to define the physicality of what we see and feel. So, the concepts that they describe are indeed based in real.

You are thinking literally. There is life on every plane, because all energy is alive. We simply haven't discovered it yet. We don't know everything about outer space, so don't act like there is no possibility.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Vampires can not stand the light. The light is here and now. Vampires are sucking the blood of others because they only know the darkness of mind. Mind works with future and past and never sees the light of now.
What's wrong with right now unless you 'think' (mind) about it? The mind is fearful and is always looking to protect, it thinks it can rework the past into a better future. Life is completey missed when it is spend entirely in the ., it uses now as a stepping stone to something better, this includes using people.
God is presence.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. At all.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Philodemus
reply to post by filosophia

The sun is not eternal. It is limited to this solar system, universe, and dimension. It will end... fantastically. Time transends all the limitations of the sun.

I will worship niether. There is no God but the one in the mind.

You are a god.
We are all God, and the whole Planet of God, and the solar system is God...because we came from and are of God. We are the tiny skin flakes on his skin. We are the pores in his flesh. We are part of him, and so we are the same as him...just smaller.

We are demigods, but we are asleep.
edit on CWednesdayam060642f42America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

There is only one God, so we can not be gods. God is the happening, God is this unfolding, the unfolding is happening now presently. No one is doing life, it is just happening. You are happening. There are not two things happening.

youtu.be...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

There is only one God, so we can not be gods. God is the happening, God is this unfolding, the unfolding is happening now presently. No one is doing life, it is just happening. You are happening. There are not two things happening.

youtu.be...
edit on 1-2-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Nothing so complicated just happens. And how is it complicated? Scientists can't isolate a precise formula for life. That's how complicated it is. And seeing as how they've identified the entire human genome, that should say something.

So, pray tell...what concrete proof do you have that we are not sleeping gods? Keep in mind we know about a foot's worth out of a whole mile regarding human nature, the mind, and metaphysics in general. What do you have, that is proven conclusion and not a speculative theory, that would irrefutably prove me wrong?

Go on. I'm listening.
edit on CWednesdayam272716f16America/Chicago01 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join