It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is Time

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
I also am convinced that acting out of the kindness of your heart purely (or largely) for the benefit of your own speculative afterlife is, to a certain degree, morally depraved.

That is not true kindness. It is investment in the security of one's own soul through selfishly committed favors, which shows not a heart of gold, but a money sign wearing a hero's cape.

Absolutely Pee On!

Love flows from the heart, kNot the pocket, but pocket love will fill a belly and even warm a cold heart.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Thought is an action. The act of processing. It could be considered a force...in fact, recent studies suggest it has a certain force to it, capable of effecting the world.

But right now, it is simply an action processing impressions and emotions. It is a movement of the neurons, a trigger of the synapses. It is not like time, which is only comprehensible in part by man. It is not like distance, which predates man but was given a name by man, and exists without life or force.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
reply to post by thepupils

How do you know that we transition to something else?

Are you arguing that we convert to a non-lifeform? That we lose our intelligence?

Or are you saying that our intelligence is kept but our body is lost?

I don't see why this should be true.

What about a boulder that's split in two? What happened to the original boulder? Does the original boulder "die" and go to heaven? Does it become a ghostly boulder and wander the earth like an apparition?

Why must humans live forever? What about frogs? What about mice? What about bats? There're millions of species to choose from. Probably many many more over the length of life's time on planet earth. I read that rain forests are like incubators and that several species go extinct every few days when they're cut down.

I want to live forever too. Anybody would. But we have to be reasonable. My own opinion is that we don't live forever, but it's not needed since my thinking is we live forever through our children and others.

We don't focus on the similarities between people enough or the changes a eternal person would go through. If you examine these two things, you begin to see that we live forever through each other.

My word is not gospel. I just wonder why you think what you think? What leads you to believe that the thoughts that inhabit our brain are somehow re-translated after death into a lasting form of light? That this light carries with it the holographic aura of our mind, our memories, our opinions? That we rejoin eternity?

Because I think you're doing what we're all doing. You're coping with mortality!
edit on 30-1-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

If you want someone to prove that the soul has an intelligence of its own, and leaves the body after death to wander an astral plan until reincarnation, then I want you to prove that it DOESN'T.

Don't argue with a theory unless you've got a solidly proven theory of your own. It is known as obstinacy, and does nothing in the way of education, besides block growth.

IT doesn't leave the body after death but that's because your Soul doesn't reside within yew, IT is CONNECTED to yew via TIME!
Once your Avatar/CaBeL/Surrogate host body ceases to function, yew wake up back home.

Ever see the movie The 13th Floor?

www.imdb.com...

Or what about Men In Black?

J2K: Yew dew know Elvis is dead, don't yew?
K2J: No! He just went Home!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Interesting theory. Allow me to file it away in this cabinet reserved for scrapped ideas...

You may as well say we're all brains in a jar. I'll give you this much though: it's only slightly more whacked than the reptilian Bush theories.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Thought is an action. The act of processing. It could be considered a force...in fact, recent studies suggest it has a certain force to it, capable of effecting the world.

But right now, it is simply an action processing impressions and emotions. It is a movement of the neurons, a trigger of the synapses. It is not like time, which is only comprehensible in part by man. It is not like distance, which predates man but was given a name by man, and exists without life or force.

You are missing IT! Thought happens whether you want it to or kNot! What is driving IT? TIME!

The other day I had a very weird experience. Many peeps want to disconnect from the world and have only their thoughts in their head, no outside interference. What happened to me was the exact opposite. I was sitting in MacDonalds, using the Free WiFi, when I disconnected from Me and all I heard was everyone else and I couldn't stop it. It almost made me puke! I've seen it shown in movies where the person could only hear everything around them but kNot their own thoughts. It's a strange experience to experience and kNot one I'd like to repeat.

Also, another thing you need to understand is that yew occupy Space, but displace atmosphere and the two are kNot synonymous. Space flows THRU yew at all times and you cannot shield against IT!
And Time is linked with Space, sewn into the very fabric of Space, that's why Time links All as One.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Interesting theory. Allow me to file it away in this cabinet reserved for scrapped ideas...

You may as well say we're all brains in a jar. I'll give you this much though: it's only slightly more whacked than the reptilian Bush theories.

If you will ever leave that Cabinet Open, you might figure out the Jar with the Brain in IT, is the Uni-Verse!

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

The no mind state is pretty scary to begin with because it is not 'normal'. Most people never see or hear the real world because they live inside their heads. Contracted into a small cramped mind.
Those thoughts aren't even yours as you say they just happen. Why only stay inside the little box when there is vast space?
edit on 31-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButtUglyToad

You are missing IT! Thought happens whether you want it to or kNot! What is driving IT? TIME!

The other day I had a very weird experience. Many peeps want to disconnect from the world and have only their thoughts in their head, no outside interference. What happened to me was the exact opposite. I was sitting in MacDonalds, using the Free WiFi, when I disconnected from Me and all I heard was everyone else and I couldn't stop it. It almost made me puke! I've seen it shown in movies where the person could only hear everything around them but kNot their own thoughts. It's a strange experience to experience and kNot one I'd like to repeat.

Also, another thing you need to understand is that yew occupy Space, but displace atmosphere and the two are kNot synonymous. Space flows THRU yew at all times and you cannot shield against IT!
And Time is linked with Space, sewn into the very fabric of Space, that's why Time links All as One.

Ribbit

That sounds similar to dissociative disorder. In any case, time is not a force. It is a means of measurement. Movement is a force, and the rate of movement is defined by time. The rate is not a force, it's a measurement by which to discern its physical relationship in comparison to both its surroundings and itself.

Time does not move a ball. An external force called MOVEMENT transfers its ENERGY (which is not time, but a form of movement) into the ball, causing the ball to move. Time measures the rate of the movement, but is not movement itself. Otherwise, we would say the ball is timing.

Time is a dimension of measurement, not a force. If you think you're smarter than physics professors, then you should have a lecture to attend...

edit on CTuesdaypm161627f27America/Chicago31 by Starchild23 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I be in the jar marked A-nony-mous

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Time is a dimension of measurement, not a force. If you think you're smarter than physics professors, then you should have a lecture to attend...

you are fun! actually physics is divided about time. one camp says yes, one no, jury is still out, best listen to the toad

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The no mind state is pretty scary to begin with because it is not 'normal'. Most people never see or hear the real world because they live inside their heads. Contracted into a small cramped mind.
Those thoughts aren't even yours as you say they just happen. Why only stay inside the little box when there is vast space?

To me, there is only One thing more scary, and that's understanding yew or Absolutely!

Yew actually said sumthing coherently just then and hit the mark!

However, I will tell yew that to disconnect from yourself, is the weirdest experience yew can possibly experience, especially if you're around a LOT of peeps like I was that day. I heard every werd spoken, every sound made, even the change "chingling" as it was being handed back and I couldn't block out anything. It was like I was no longer Me, I was Everything.

Ribbit

Ps: Yew said the "no mYnd state isn't normal" and yew are correct but when have eYe ever claimed to be normal?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I don't claim to be smarter than physics professors, I claim to kNot be as dumb as them.

You cannot move the ball without occupying Time in the process and since the ball is occupying Time as well, Time must happen or the ball wouldn't exist to be moved in the first place by a force that could also kNot exist without Time, that force being yew.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

I be in the jar marked A-nony-mous

I'm in the One marked A-B-Normal.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It is impossible to move the ball, it is you that moves.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You assume too much.
Living in your mind, you think you know.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

during my "ahem" development, i lost my mind, well i knew where it was, hovering in the back of my skull, shivering like the coward it is. nobody was driving the bus as it were. fun. found self saying things that made me clap hands over metaphysical mouth. shut up needless to say. the feeling of not being in control is indeed unpleasant, but is it not our true state?

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

during my "ahem" development, i lost my mind, well i knew where it was, hovering in the back of my skull, shivering like the coward it is. nobody was driving the bus as it were. fun. found self saying things that made me clap hands over metaphysical mouth. shut up needless to say. the feeling of not being in control is indeed unpleasant, but is it not our true state?

When IT happened, I got so dizzy I couldn't even walk and even had problems typing. IT was like the Light was on but no one was Home, because I wasn't here, I was back Home, back at Source and fully reconnected.

Could you imagine sharing One mYnd with a googolplex squared to a googolplex of other Thinkers?

WE IS the Borg! Resistance is Futile! Yew WILL be assimilated.

Ribbit

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

would say thank God for time but that would be silly and redundant, yes? as in dealing with everything all at once.
edit on 31-1-2012 by Iamschist because: clarified, maybe

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

would say thank God for time but that would be silly and redundant, yes? as in dealing with everything all at once.

It was actually the other way around. Time is where God/WE/Source/Universe communicates with ALL, so I was cussing @ Time.

Did you know you can travel from One side of this Verse of the Uni-Verse to the other side, via Time, in a finite amount of Time? Vacation Time has a whole new meaning If you can tap INTO Time.

Ribbit

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join