It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia Day car flag flyers 'racist'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Australia Day car flag flyers 'racist'

www.theage.com.au

Professor Fozdar said 43 per cent of those with car flags said they believed the White Australia Policy had saved Australia from many problems experienced by other countries

56 per cent of people with car flags feared the Australian culture and its most important values were in danger

Those with the flags were less likely to feel positive towards Aboriginals, Muslims, asylum seekers and Asians in Australia, the research found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
While i am not racist, i can't believe that such a study was undertaken. In my opinion, someone who flies their flag on Australia Day is proud of their country, not racist.

The article quotes:

"And an overwhelming 91 per cent of people with car flags agreed that people who move to Australia should adopt Australian values."

I somewhat agree that some Australian values should be adopted by immigrants. A previous thread that i read stated that there were 20 African immigrants to Australia that were involved in the bashing and mugging of a 19 year old male. If someone wants to move to Australia so be it, no one is stopping them, i just think that they can't do whatever they want to (e.g. gang bash someone for money). It is not an Australian value to go around bashing people for money and other objects.

www.theage.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 24-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Do people even understand the defintion of a 'racist'?
I swear that if all these fools who go around shouting 'racism' at any given chance,would stop doing it,we wouldn't have racism.......or at least not on the scale its at now.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Seems it's not allowed to be proud and show your pride for your country anymore. I bet this is going to become 'politically incorrect'

edit on 24-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

While i am not racist, i can't believe that such a study was undertaken. In my opinion, someone who flies their flag on Australia Day is proud of their country, not racist.

This is part of the globalist agenda... to associate nationalism with deep negativity; in this case, racism.

The same thing is happening elsewhere. In the UK, the EDL has been mauled by the government and media as being right-wing and racist. In the US, people who have pride in their nationality often invite character assassination.

In order to destroy nationalistic pride and erase national borders, there has to be both the dilution of the civil populace by forced foreign immigration and the absolute denial of national pride along with any claim to its history. This is accomplished by tagging those who resist as being racists and/or right-wing extremists.

Unfortunately, many buy into the program without giving much thought to the long term ramifications.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is all about dividing us into what we should believe getting everyone to pick sides and have more political correctness run our lives and be afraid of what we could say because certain people may not like it. This world is becoming more like the minority report every day

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I read this too and it disgusts me that 'journalists' and 'scholars' can get away with such ridiculous claims. I'd like to stick my Australian flag right up their arses pole first while I wish them a happy Australia Day.

Unfortunately I'll be half drunk and trying to put out a bbq fire while telling tall tales and laughing so I guess the jokes is on them - sad bunch of grumps if that's all there is to study!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Im australian and i dont care what these retards say about flying the Australian flag. In my opinion if i want to fly my own countries flag on my car... especially leading up to Australia Day then call me racist. Personally I dont think im racist in doing this and i believe everyone else believes the same. Just some person attempting to write a story.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

I don't believe foreigners to this nation need to adopt Australian values (however burquas not welcome!).......

but they MUST abide by both state and federal laws of this country

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Every household in Australia should have the legal right to wave their flag just as the Americans do of theirs!

If foreigners have a problem with the Australian flag......they can always leave the same way they arrived!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
they can always leave the same way they arrived!

By boat

edit on 24-1-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
For those that think we are racist for loving our country and waving our flag,.here's a clip just for you.

edit on 24-1-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

By boat if they must.....

do I care?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by WozaMeathed

For those who think Australians are racist.......

we're angels compared to our French cousins!

Every nation in the world has a whisper of racism, personally I think Australians are too tolerant compared to most nations!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellas
Seems it's not allowed to be proud and show your pride for your country anymore. I bet this is going to become 'politically incorrect'

edit on 24-1-2012 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

To become? In several places it's already is.

If you are against the EU, you are bad. There's lots of examples.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

It was a joke mate, lighten up will ya

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Do people even understand the defintion of a 'racist'?
I swear that if all these fools who go around shouting 'racism' at any given chance,would stop doing it,we wouldn't have racism.......or at least not on the scale its at now.

Like I had said in my thread that was locked down and buried by the PC police for thought crime, "racism" now basically means anything and everything with regards to pride in a cultural identity with the desire to preserve that cultural identity and resist it being homogenized with other cultures, some groups more susceptible to being branded "racist" than others.

True racism is rare. Colloquial "racism" nowadays, with its hyper-expanded meaning, basically can be applied to anyone who needs to be demonized for the advancement of some agenda.

All by design, of course.

Fly those flags high, Australians. Nothing wrong with pride in your nation and the culture prevalent within it.
edit on 1/24/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Seems like everyone here is confused

Firstly this is mostly about the white policy, racism follows that, and yes of course it does follow it

Culture? Come on, what culture?
The yogurt in my fridge has more culture, let's be real here

Now to support white policy on a land stolen from the lost generations(black natives) is most definately 100% racist!!!!!!

But it in perspective, what if the U.S. had something called the white policy, everyone would be in complete agreement that it would be racist.

That's it!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Um, this article is mostly about what people who are proud of their flags believe not the white policy. Australia very much has a culture, but we also respect the original inhabitants of this land. All i'm saying is, is that just because you fly your flag does not mean you are racist, which this article is trying to imply.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

This is part of the globalist agenda... to associate nationalism with deep negativity; in this case, racism.

The same thing is happening elsewhere. In the UK, the EDL has been mauled by the government and media as being right-wing and racist. In the US, people who have pride in their nationality often invite character assassination.

In order to destroy nationalistic pride and erase national borders, there has to be both the dilution of the civil populace by forced foreign immigration and the absolute denial of national pride along with any claim to its history. This is accomplished by tagging those who resist as being racists and/or right-wing extremists.

Unfortunately, many buy into the program without giving much thought to the long term ramifications.

I hate to use a video game as a reference, but has anyone played Sid Meirs Civ 4? You basically conquer other people to win, and one way to win is to effectively eradicate your opponents culture. Doing this flips cities into your control once your culture becomes more prevalent than the original one. This is a non-violent way of conquesting and gaining control over your enemies.

Even captured by military means, if the culture of the city captured is greatly opposed to your own, the city will be a HUGE hassle to hold with riots and strikes all the time, and a major drain on resources. The only way to make that captured city and its people profitable, is to eliminate the existing culture, and supplant it with your own.

While its a video game, the principle described is based in reality. A people conquered physically, but not mentally, are extraordinarily difficult to control.

But conquer them mentally, and destroy the fabric that binds them together as a people, and physical force isnt even needed in the slightest.

Destroy the culture and youve broken its people, and they are easily conquered.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join